Ways to minister in WoT?

World of Tanks is a free FPS/MMO tank strategy game. Support the Recruiting Thread

Moderators: }SoC{Vin Solonas, Branch Leaders

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
JoeXB

WoT is coming to Xbox Live (if not out already). Our organization is geared towards getting Christians to minister in their game worlds. That of course requires that there are "ways" to do so. Since I have not played yet, and have limited time to evaluate the universe, can you bottom-line for me these general criteria of the WoT game world? Thank you.

1) Does the universe persist after you log off or end a battle?

2) Are there ways to socially interact outside of skirmishes with either clan or non-clan members?

3) If so, can the interaction be game-related, i.e. something to do besides battles? Or is the interaction purely real-world related like chat channels for pre- and post-match banter, etc.?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Alden
Reserve Council

WoT is an Episodic game. Meaning that much like counter strike or halo it has a variety of map where you have battles, each battle is a fresh untouched map similar to many other games. It differs in that each player earns xp and credits from battles allowing them to first research, then buy upgrades, new tanks, etc. So while your particular account is persistent, the "Land" is fresh every battle.

You can interact outside of battle though all chat, clan chat, or private chat channels.

Best way to put it would be if you remember the old "Chat rooms" While there is a lot of game topics talked about, it also meanders through everything.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ehud
Clan Member

I do not want WOT to become an Idol. However the Harvest is full here. I try to start every game with † (press and hold alt then type numbers 0134 and release). However I feel I need to step it up. The Cross is like salt. to some it irriates and other seasons. Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel or my God. I feel if I am not making an effort to minister to those in this game; then why i join the clan to begin with. I have seen in games where a step of faith to acknowledge Christ, has also embolden others for the cause of Christ. I do not argue with people that do not like the Cross or the Gospel. Arguing is not my goal. However making known Christ is Lord is my goal. But for what it is worth I am now posting this in chat; † Praise the Lord, who is my rock. he trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Ps 144:1 and will quote Rom 1:16 in response to those that mock the Cross. So what say you my brothers and sisters of Christ? Choose today who your is your God, but for me and my house, the decision has already been made, We will serve the Lord. Dave's paraphrase of Joshua 24:15

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
3 posts Page 1 of 1