The Official SoC Railroad

Sandbox game "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons." Server Status MCF Thread

Moderators: }SoC{Alden, }SoC{Djp49, }SoC{macandcheeze, }SoC{Ruffian, Branch Leaders

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

This is a great idea JohnSolo. I look forward to being able to use it. Could you do a line North from spawn too? There are a few of use out that way.

I've claimed the tracked you have placed for now, and trusted it to you, at least until Arrow can sort out something more permanent.

Arrow - is there a possibility of getting the blocks to create this or do we have to resource it ourselves?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

I prefer everything to be built from resources players obtain normally.
I tend to only supply things if I feel a block type is needed that players can't normally obtain, such as barriers.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

The entire point of survival minecraft is to build things out of resources you collect.
Can that take a huge amount of time depending on the size of the project? Absolutely.
However I don't feel that this means I should just give out resources for any project someone decides they want to start for the server.
I'm sure you could always try and get other community members to donate to the project. I imagine there are plenty of people with more iron than they know what to do with.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{DragonStar
Clan Member

I could help build the rails. I have a good amount of iron and rails myself. I don't think it's necessary to have an admin give us supplies. If we all work together, we should be able to do it! #GoTeam lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{DragonStar
Clan Member

Cool. I do that tonight when school's done.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{JohnSolo wrote:
Arrow - This project will be for all the members of the server to use, and I feel that the least the admins can do to help out is to provide even a small portion of the materials needed to complete it. Even if all the members donated 1 stack of iron, we will still need loads more to finish. You stated in your last post "The entire point of survival minecraft is to build things out of resources you collect"; what about the spawn building? Was that made out of materials harvested from the landscape? I assume you or another admin constructed it while in Creative mode. The railway will be (partially) just like that, with parts of it made from the member's own resources, and other parts made from resources provided by the admins. It is a "community project", if you will, and when finished, it will become the property of the server, just like the spawn structures in the Overworld and the End.

All I'm asking is for you to help us with this enormous task at hand that will improve the welfare of the members of the server. :)
This project is being worked on at will. At no point did I commission for you or anyone else to create a railroad, nor was their an overwhelming amount of voices asking for it. I love that you are enthusiastic and want to build things for the community. That being said I don't feel it is appropriate to give out resources for every single project someone comes up with that is suppose to be "for the server". To bring up the spawn building is both rude and irrelevant. All of the materials used for the spawn building are easy to craft and obtain, and the building itself is quite small. The building itself was also created in the very early days of the server when no one had anything as far as materials. I originally built it out of wood and then decided the glass look was better so that people could actually see the world around them. All of that being said if it makes you, or anyone else for that matter, feel better I can go into my own stash of resources, ensure I can get exact number of each type of block used to build the spawn and then delete them. I do not want to create a system in which all community projects essentially just become creative mode because all of the resources are given out for free by the admins.
I appreciate your efforts and willingness to serve but will not be complying with your request and this time. This is very unlikely to change in the future.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Moonminer008
Clan Member

How many blocks of rail is needed?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Arrow - Could you give me build permissions to the track area at spawn? I'd like to build a station there. TIA.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

In addition, could you give ContainerTrust permissions to all? As it stands, nobody can place a cart on the track and I want to design a station with buttons that people can use.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
9 posts Page 1 of 1