Administrative Presence

Sandbox game "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons." Server Status MCF Thread

Moderators: }SoC{Alden, }SoC{Djp49, }SoC{macandcheeze, }SoC{Ruffian, Branch Leaders

12 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Hunter
Clan Member

Hey guys,
I'm just voicing some concerns about the things I've seen lately. I've been on a good deal lately, and in all my time I've seen a BL jump on for a few minutes once. It seems that there are absolutely no authority figures on... perhaps I'm just on at the wrong times, but if I'm right, I could foresee some issues arising with new guests and such. I do know that a couple guests have applied recently, and their server status has not changed.
Thanks for listening.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{RT4G
Clan Member

It's true. I've been on a lot recently and have noticed this. The guests are getting pretty unruly. We need admins on the server more often. There have been some varying issues; from abuse of other players, to language, to frustrations from guests who are trying to become HG's or even registered users.
I know it's the holidays and all, but it would be helpful if there was someone with authority present occasionally.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

2 have been ranked up days ago and will rank the newest one now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Hunter
Clan Member

Thanks! I've feared they would give up entirely if they weren't attended to.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

Also just going to note that during the school year we generally see a decline in overall activity, including admin activity on our servers. Not to say it isn't a problem, of course :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Sorry guys, my sister is visiting and I'm having some downtime. It's been wonderful she is a darling person :D I will watch the server more though till things get settled and more admins can be on ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EverPilgrim
Clan Member

Hi there guys...

First and foremost, I realize servers take far more effort than players generally get to see or appreciate to run. That said, the activity on the MC server seems quite slow and quiet, which I actually don't mind at all.

I do get concerned when there isn't a regular admin presence.

I'm a new member so my expectations are not that I should attain extra privileges, however, I would like to put my name out there as a mature member (yes, I'm old) and someone who has some technical background in net admin and so on. If I can help in any way, please hit me up and I'll be happy to do what I can.

Pilgrims5

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EverPilgrim
Clan Member

So, as a new member I'm seeing a great deal of posts and threads that are very old on the forums, but topics that seem to be valid. One of my main concerns is there rarely seems to be an admin on the server to simply enforce reasonable behavior. Mouthy trolls are an annoyance but will keep people from playing.

Also users are trying to apply and are not hearing from anyone. BeanCredit2001 is listed as an applicant on the forum thread here for current applicants, however in game he is still listed as a guest. He is frustrated and who wouldn't be, as he is very limited in what he can do on the server and he would be an active community member otherwise.

It's good to have a strong member process, but it's not great when it isn't overseen regularly. Is there anything that can be done about this? What about enlisting some new admins? I believe there are some members who are active regularly and have proven themselves (not me, others! I'm new!)

But seriously, there is a thread about applying to become an officer. Not sure if that is not quite an admin but allows for enforcement.... I'd be interested in that if it would serve the community of regular players here. The thread, however, seems far out of date... and so I'm not sure if there is a way for me to even apply for such a thing.

Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

BeanCredit2001 has been added to applicant on the server.
It usually takes a member a lot of playtime on the server on a regular basis to become an Officer. If they can't be on as a member they haven't proven they can be on as an Officer. And show they have the qualities to become Officer. Honestly, it doesn't do us any good to hire Officers who don't/can't do their job. The link is still good to the applicant form.
Server is being monitored often and though some may be a bit unruly at times nothing that our players haven't handled well so far. If there is someone you are having issues with pm me or one of our other BL's. We will be glad to look into it for you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EverPilgrim
Clan Member

Thanks for the response.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Np

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

I can vouch for the fact that often officers are online when you don't even realise it, as they can be there but invisible. Trolls and other disruptive folk can be annoying but as Ruffian says it is usually dealt with well and the officers are good at dealing with requests if you pm them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
12 posts Page 1 of 1