MC Server Issues? Post here!

Sandbox game "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons." Server Status MCF Thread

Moderators: }SoC{Alden, }SoC{Djp49, }SoC{macandcheeze, }SoC{Ruffian, Branch Leaders

109 posts Page 2 of 3

}SoC{Nylan
Clan Member

Is this server still on? https://minecraftlist.com/servers/teamsoc.net says it is but I cant for the life of me connect. Any idea what im missing?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{tommyflaps
Teamspeak Admin

teamsoc.net

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Nylan
Clan Member

I have both of those things. It always fails to connect, with a timeout and no further information.
I can connect to other 1.8 servers but I'm not sure why I cant connect to this one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Try:
soc.serverminer.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Foxy
Clan Member

My game never loads on the server. I join and am staring in nothing then i lose connection. I have tried joining other servers and it works just fine, its just this one..not sure why.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Try again lil sis :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Foxy
Clan Member

}SoC{Ruffian wrote:
Try again lil sis :)
I have been trying for 2 days now...Yesterday and today

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

No one else is having the issue. The server was restarted to see if it would help you. I can try tp-ing you to me when you login. I will watch for you to login so stay there for as long as you can.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Oh dear, I got you to me but you were hanging in the air :o Idk there are several of us on and we all are ok. Don't be surprised if you log back in at my home :) Hopefully you will be ok from here on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Foxy
Clan Member

Thanks ruff that helped so much! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Absolutely my pleasure, so glad it worked :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{DragonStar
Clan Member

Hello! DragonStar here!

As some of you have noticed, people keep getting on the server and asking to be staff, because they saw TheWitherEffect's video (His channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFPHkM ... 1k1Lp3-jxQ). What's interesting is that when they try to connect to Diamondoreprison.serverminer.com, which is the ip he gives, it brings you to the SoC server... Weird. But, that is why we keep getting those people. Idk if you guys are able to help fix that, but I did message the guy on YouTube about it.

Sincerely,
DragonStar

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Hey yeah well actually that has been sort of a blessing, lol! We have been getting the "reroutes" xD There is not anything we can do on this end as we have the dedicated port. It is up to their server owner to contact their host but all in all what is needed is their server owner to give the servers port. I'm sure, Dragon, you understand this but for all who don't it would look something like this:
Diamondoreprison.serverminer.com:12345
or
mc45.serverminer.com
mc55.serverminer.com:12345
All they need is to get the alt ip or the port.
Or better yet point their server ip to a domain.

I do think that that server is no longer up though.
At any rate shall we take the time to "greet" the ones who appear on the server xD
Appreciatecha!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Moonminer008
Clan Member

When I played now, the animals were moving very slowly. Like they walked in glue.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

The server has been playing up for the last few days. Every now and again it lags really bad and kicks everyone out. It's doing it quite a lot though lately.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

One of the other customers who is hosting a large amount of content with our server host has been being attacked (DDOSed) since at least the 16th which is causing packet loss (lag) and thus issues. Nothing I can do until they get it sorted out. They have been working on getting the attacks blocked but it hasn't worked yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Moonminer008
Clan Member

What in the (minecraft)wooorld? I tried to breed my animals at the farm and got the Message "[piggyback] sorry you dont have the permission to do that :(" each time I gave an anmial food but the food still got consumed.

-Stealthygardener

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

You can piggyback animals (and other players) by shift+right clicking. Were you sneaking at the time?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

You can piggyback animals (and other players) by shift+right clicking. Were you sneaking at the time?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Moonminer008
Clan Member

}SoC{Bescot wrote:
No...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Moonminer008
Clan Member

It looks like the animal babies spawn after all :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Piggyback has been temporarily disabled because of a glitch allowing a player to fly. We may re-enable it when it updates next, but it shouldn't be giving you any problems. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{WeeGee_138
Clan Member

This AFK Kicking thing...it is kicking me even when i'm not AFK. Please tell me how this works so that I can keep from getting kicked for no reason.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{WeeGee_138
Clan Member

I also wanted to ask and make sure that wither skeleton head drops are still 2.5% instead of 1% like all of the other heads.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Vyvyan
Guardian

I am not sure about this server but the old server disallowed afk pools.

Maybe a BL could comment on this. Are we allowed afk pools?

Sorry WeeGee that you are being kicked :-(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

AFK pools are pretty much impossible due to the plugin I have installed. So far it's done a pretty good job of detecting them and kicking people who are trying to use them.

Wither skeleton head drops are 2.5% the plugin does not override them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{DragonStar
Clan Member

Ok, one of two things should be done here:

1. change the relog plugin so it doesn't add 30 seconds every time you try logging back in or

2. remove it completely,

because honestly, it's a little annoying for someone who is trying to relog cause of lag. I don't relog for that reason often, but I know people who do. I would appreciate it if this could be fixed in one of those ways. Please and thank you,

DragonStarGaming

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{DragonStar
Clan Member

Also, the server is having issues where there is so much lag that I am unable to pick up and drop items.

UPDATE: dropped a dragon egg on the floor. It lagged the server to death. Welp. My bad.

UPDATE 2: egg despawned. The server is back to normal.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{WeeGee_138
Clan Member

I would like this to be top priority on the fix list please. (Players trying to pick up a dropped enderdragon egg will lag the server until it kicks them and others off.) Reason for the glitch is unknown.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

I have updated the server to 1.9.4
One side effect of this is that ElytraPlus no longer works. It will not work until the author updates it. Hopefully this will be soon.
As far as i can tell the dragon egg problem is now fixed as I updated the plugin that was causing the issue.

I have reduced the base login cooldown to 10 seconds. I feel this should be short enough for most normal use cases.
If this is still an issue I can adjust the settings further.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{JohnSolo wrote:
Hey Arrow, is there a way you can reduce the chances of rainstorms on the server? Every time it rains on the server, I lag like crazy and it's almost impossible for me to do anything (i.e. walk, open chests, place blocks, use chat). I'm sure other players probably encounter the same issues. It gets really annoying after awhile, and I'd like to see if there's anything you might be able to do about it.
No. Rain only causes client side lag. If this is a problem for you it is very easy to fix.

1. Download and install optifine: http://optifine.net/downloads
2. Turn off rain in the options.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{WeeGee_138
Clan Member

The swimming pluggin doesn't work very well and it sometimes triggers when u jump. Also there is a glitch with heads where when you shift click a stack of heads on your head and then try to pick it up with another stack of heads it makes a stack of 127 which will do some very odd things...so far i know it stays a stack of 127 when you throw it but when a hopper picks it up it either turns into a head with 127 durability or something like that or it turns into a 64 stack and removes 63.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

1.10 update will be added soon. Going to wait a little bit to let plugin authors update things and let spigot get to a more "stable" version.
Basic testing at this point has show that Only Elytraplus should be broken by the update but it's entirely possible that there is something I missed that is doesn't work. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a new map withmultiverse or multiworld for the new update or not since for the most part all the new blocks are cosmetic and craft able.

Treecapitator is already on the server in the form of the mcmmo skill. Right click with an axe to activate and then chop a tree. It will only stay active for a set amount of time and then go on cooldown. You should have plenty of time to gather wood while the skill is active and this way if far more balanced that regular treecapitate. It also means that it isn't always active so you can skill use axes normally without doing anything special.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

If your horse is claimed with the "/zh claim" command, you can teleport it to you using the "/zh here [horse name]" command. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Moonminer008
Clan Member

L-l-l-l-l-a-a-a-a-g-g-g-gggggggg.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

The server is down. It went down about 9pm GMT (4 hours ago) whilst Life and I were inspecting the noisy drumkit.

The server has been quite laggy lately and this is the second time in a week that we have lost connection.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Server hardware is more or less dead. I just got notified about it as I am just getting home from work and do not receive status emails.
I'm working with the team to recover the server files but until then it will be down.

If for some reason the files cannot be recovered then I'll try and throw up something new this weekend.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Do we keep backups of the server?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jesuslovesyou

cant login at all neither can zoe Eternalife4ever Jesusluvzu Zekeyzoo have a blessed day what version is t runnin at the moment?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jesuslovesyou

Sorry didn't c all posts

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Any news on the server Arrow?

Could we get a temporary server put up until we get something permanent sorted? Do we have a backup of the last server?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

I am currently downloading a backup. It's about 18GB. I'll then need to upload that to the server.
Hopefully I'll have it done by the end of today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Yay thanks Arrow, you're the best!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Rutabega
Clan Member

The server seems to have been down for a few days?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Server is back up and running 1.11.
I haven't done too much testing but it seems to be okay so far.
Let me know if anyone runs into any problems.
I may also try adding in some extra maps/worlds sometime soon, for resources and stuff.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Thanks Arrow, that's great. I've not been on for long but most things seem to be working ok. One issue what we have found though is with the zh plugin. We seem to have lost all our horses and cannot claim any more. I think there is a limit of 0 set which means we can't claim any.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

I'll look at the settings. Had to switch it to a pre-release version to get the plugin working in the first place, which required regenerating the settings file.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Also, pback is no longer working

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Should probably remove that anyways since it has other issues.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Thanks for re-enabling zh. Could you also enable it in other worlds, e.g. the end? Same for elytra plus, currently that only works in the overworld too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
109 posts Page 2 of 3