The "Ark" AKA The lost City

Sandbox game "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons." Server Status MCF Thread

Moderators: }SoC{Alden, }SoC{Djp49, }SoC{macandcheeze, }SoC{Ruffian, Branch Leaders

21 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Alden
Reserve Council

When in the course of Minecraft events, it becomes necessary for the Admins to reset the map to a new and pristine land. There has always been but one outcry granted voice by the vox populi...

May it be considered that, if perchance we have pleased the admins, might the preservation of our long worked for and acquired property be saved in place upon the new map?

Often has the answer shifted as the wind, oft no, sometimes in the affirmative. But now, behold, a way has been set forth to settle the shifting desert sands of answers and fix in place a solution for us. A city has been erected, wrought forth from the wilderness. A City whose lawns are lush as newly sprouted grass and whose avenues are as peaceful as the fabled Isles of plenty. An enduring City. An empty City. A City called simply, "Ark". For each and every Minecraft branch Member there is a 20 x 20 plot waiting for you. Whereupon you may build whatever your heart desires and it will endure map, to map, to map. The City is now, and is ordered evermore to remain, Secret. If you are fortunate enough to find it, do not spread the word of the location. There have been whispers of the ground swallowing the houses of those who breech the veil of mystery. All that is known is this. It is far. Farther indeed than many have ever dared travel, and its position in the world will shift through the resets. Appearing in a different place each time.

Will you be one to find it? Will you build upon its ever-secure lands and begin to fill the empty lawn of your plot?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mitoboy2004
Clan Member

does that mean all my work will be gone :oops:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Alden
Reserve Council

}SoC{Alden wrote:
This is not a post about the map being reset. It will not be for at least another month or 2 minimum. Simply the mechanic used to preserve items.
So.... This map is not being reset soon, likely longer then 2 months, but who knows. Anyway, nothing will happen to your work for quite a while yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

Not to mention that we will provide a downloadable map file when resets do occur.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Alden
Reserve Council

}SoC{R3NNiS wrote:
Not to mention that we will provide a downloadable map file when resets do occur.
Details! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Hunter
Clan Member

Liked the facepalm there.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Flycrusher
Clan Member

I don't know about resets. They are bittersweet. I am starting to see the fun in resetting the map, because it gives you an opportunity to improve your base designs/builds. But I also like to keep all of the items that I have collected, all of the cool things that I have built already. I think it is interesting what you have done, It is nice to at lease bring over stuff you have worked for, if you actually put some effort forward to save it.
I like the idea you have come up with. An secret ark in the middle of the ocean, thousands of blocks away. Nobody knows where it is to save their stuff, but once you find it, you are able to save your items.
But what I REALLY think is interesting, is that when the map resets, you don't even know where the ark is to get your items back! You again have to find the ark AFTER the reset, so you still need to start over and build up the basics, and then work towards finding it. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

The ark could presumably also include a permanent bank ala "gringotts" or locker room for ender-chests to carry over belongings if you didn't want to start from scratch every time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

I like it! The only concern that I have is that it may cause problems with server maps if the location can be discovered. Maybe we could edit it out, I dunno.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Alden
Reserve Council

}SoC{Flycrusher wrote:
But what I REALLY think is interesting, is that when the map resets, you don't even know where the ark is to get your items back! You again have to find the ark AFTER the reset, so you still need to start over and build up the basics, and then work towards finding it. :D
Bwahaha >:D you have seen the catch! It's my favorite part.
}SoC{R3NNiS wrote:
The ark could presumably also include a permanent bank ala "gringotts" or locker room for ender-chests to carry over belongings if you didn't want to start from scratch every time.

Sadly ender-chests are stored in the same file as inventories and to keep them it requires a lot of work and editing. It's what we did this last time and while it mostly worked, it was a bunch of work and caused several issues with players belongings. Hopefully the ark will cause fewer problems and be easier on staff. not to mention adding in the necessary element of exploration!
}SoC{Djp49 wrote:
I like it! The only concern that I have is that it may cause problems with server maps if the location can be discovered. Maybe we could edit it out, I dunno.
Yeah that's somethings I thought of, however right now with the issues of it taking so much processor time to render then upload it's a bit beyond our technical abilities. So regular map updates probably arent going to happen much. Plus with the awesome map+itemframe thing for 1.7.2 players can make their own in the game :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{macandcheeze
Branch Leader

The ark is to be found that's final. Everyone will be starting new when we reset the map. The ark will be like a treasure hunt not even us BL's/admins will know where it is. It must remain a secret if, we find out people are telling others we will move it and you will have to find it again. :o
I will give you one hint, it's is 13,000 blocks from spawn. It is up to you to find it! :D
Do not ask for any more hints! :|
Have fun finding it. There are new lands waiting to be explored!!! :)
You could find a new home location or base! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

bumped for newbs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CaymamCruncher

}SoC{Ruffian wrote:
bumped for newbs
What?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

Lol. Because this topic is important to all (new ppl to the minecraft server especially) i thought it a good idea to bump it up to the first page ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

}SoC{Ruffian wrote:
Lol. Because this topic is important to all (new ppl to the minecraft server especially) i thought it a good idea to bump it up to the first page ;)
You're exactly right, Ruff! Consider it stickied. ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

EverPilgrim
Clan Member

Wow, this thread is almost 2 years old!

I'm a new member (perhaps the newest as of today?) ... I would like to find this "Ark" you speak of but is it still a thing? Do the guidelines set out here still fully apply to it and how it is managed? Has anything changed with how it is used and kept secret since Feb 2014? I'm interested.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{DragonStar
Clan Member

Yes, it still exists. I believe it's still being used for the same reason as in this post.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

EverPilgrim wrote:
Wow, this thread is almost 2 years old!

I'm a new member (perhaps the newest as of today?) ... I would like to find this "Ark" you speak of but is it still a thing? Do the guidelines set out here still fully apply to it and how it is managed? Has anything changed with how it is used and kept secret since Feb 2014? I'm interested.
Congrats on membership! Welcome, glad to have you!

At the entrance of this place are signs that give information that the finder needs to know. It is advised to check those signs periodically for changes. Portals to and from it are not allowed as well.
Have a good journey :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Bescot
Clan Member

Yes it's still there. Good luck, it took me a week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Spade
Clan Member

I have a question. Is the Ark on the new server?
I haven't played minecraft in a while and I've noticed that we have a new server and everything.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

No. I do not have access to the previous map so moving it to the new server is impossible. I haven't bothered to create a new one either.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
21 posts Page 1 of 1