Djp49 Builds

Sandbox game "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons." Server Status MCF Thread

Moderators: }SoC{Alden, }SoC{Djp49, }SoC{macandcheeze, }SoC{Ruffian, Branch Leaders

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

'Aight, here's my builds thread, which I have been putting off for a while. Disclaimer: I don't post disclaimers a lot.

Thanks to all who helped with these projects- without you guys, many of them wouldn't be here!

Tech's Server tower - built during the Summer of 2011:

(The tower on the left is Kirandio's- you can kinda see a diving board on the opposite side of it... that was so much fun)

Mob grinder- constructed on the Bryan/Jen temp server during Fall 2011: I actually managed to complete one of the massive bays that you see, but that was all. Regrettably I never got a screenshot of the completed structure. :(

Mountain/Inn- built on second Bryan/Jen server around Spring 2012: It was my first hotel attempt.

Rivine getaway- built shortly after constructing the Inn on the same Bryan/Jen map: This is one of my all-time favorites

(Okay, I was just listening to Pirates of the Caribbean music while previewing the images and captions below, and it the result was nothing less than EPIC)

Inconspicuous island, right?

NOT SO.

Down a winding staircase you go (which was wide enough to bring animals down...)

Take a brief minecart ride next to my well-manicured bushes...

And you arrive in a splendid dwelling!

Hotel le Dj- built on the server map after Bryan/Jen's, around late Spring - Summer 2012: This one has to be my most beloved creation. Each tower had 8 suites that new players could live in temporarily until they made their own homes. Given its structure, I designed it with firebreaks to keep it from being burned down. It was also on one of the highest elevations on the map, which helped when almost the whole map got flooded that April Fool's... >_>

I found the tallest jungle tree with the highest elevation to start out. The trunk of the tree in the middle would form part of the inner core of the Cross Tower later on. I starved to death like two dozen times before I got my farm going. :0

SHA-ZAM!

Personal tower- built early Summer 2012: While I loved my hotel, I couldn't live in it permanently because it wasn't designed that way. So instead I build a tower that drew inspiration from my first tower.

It kinda dwarfed everything around it...

Mega Rivine- built mid-late Summer 2012: This was constructed in a rivine directly underneath the tower mentioned above. This was one of the most frustrating projects because of the sheer amount of mining needed to be done. Nevertheless, it was fun to see the result.

I spy with my little eye...

That island tower- A more generic tower that I made around August 2012 on the custom map. After my 3 time-consuming projects leading up to this one, I wanted something easier lol.

Giant Pine Tree- constructed around December 2012, when we switched to the current map: It remains permanently unfinished, as I was obliged to move elsewhere before it was finished. If you have a long render distance, you'll be able to see it from spawn.

Port Royale le Dj- construction started around January 2013: it is still under construction in areas but this is basically what it looks like now.

The lighthouse and my personal yacht.

This is it for the moment! Hope you enjoyed and I may periodically update this. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ell

How nostalgic!!! It is great to see these older builds. You have a great collection Daniel!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

}SoC{Ell wrote:
How nostalgic!!! It is great to see these older builds. You have a great collection Daniel!
Thanks, Elliott! I have a number of other screenshots from other things which I'll probably post elsewhere at some point.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ruffian
Branch Leader

:D :D :D :D
This is great! I just love to see all the fantastic builds, I wish I would have been there. I love them all but your "Inconspicuous island" is just too sweet. Minecraft brings out the creativity in a person doesn't it :D :D And your's sure comes through! I am happy you shared and have shown me a part of it, thank you :D :D :D
I hope that you will post more when you can, thank you, thank you :D :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

This is super cool! I actually remember touring almost all of these things.

It's a shame we don't have good photos of the early beginnings of Tech's server. On the earliest photo we have, my first official house is already finished. :O

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Awesomesauce
Clan Member

I'm in your waterfall
stealing your diamonds.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

TheCross4All wrote:
:D :D :D :D
This is great! I just love to see all the fantastic builds, I wish I would have been there. I love them all but your "Inconspicuous island" is just too sweet. Minecraft brings out the creativity in a person doesn't it :D :D And your's sure comes through! I am happy you shared and have shown me a part of it, thank you :D :D :D
I hope that you will post more when you can, thank you, thank you :D :D
Thanks! And you are most welcome. :) It's been great to see 'em all again, though I don't think I'll be able to do any more huge projects for while- things have been so busy!
}SoC{Lazer wrote:
This is super cool! I actually remember touring almost all of these things.

It's a shame we don't have good photos of the early beginnings of Tech's server. On the earliest photo we have, my first official house is already finished. :O
Thanks, Mike! Yeah... I have a few screenshots from other places on Tech's server, perhaps we should make a thread called "Tech's Server Memories" or something. Sounds like it would be a neat thing to do! ;)
}SoC{Awesomesauce wrote:
I'm in your waterfall
stealing your diamonds.
Lol yep! First vault <3

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Awesomesauce
Clan Member

The links are broken and I'm sad.