hey i have a question about gaming PC`s!!!

A place for technology.

Moderator: }SoC{Tech

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
CeratedGalaxy20
Clan Member

I have been looking into buying a gaming computer but I don't really have a 1000 bucks to spend. ive been looking at computers and most have only 8GB of Ram would 8GB be enough to play a game on high resolution and stream on Twitch with out any issues

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{BrownSound
Guardian Elder

(Moved to tech support since it fits there)

8GB should be fine, streaming depends on what kind are you doing. Are you doing pc games, going from a capture card?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
CeratedGalaxy20
Clan Member

probably both but at first PC games. plus the stuff I do from my ps4, I would like to stream DayZ and Elderscrolls online

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
CeratedGalaxy20
Clan Member

im just starting to learn about all these numbers and stuff mean. the computer I am looking at now is a Acer Aspire Desktop PC - AMD A8, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
desktop. these are its stats, can you tell me if this would be good for pc gaming or nah
Includes Aspire ATC-10-UR10 desktop, power supply, and manual
3.5GHz AMD A8-6500 quad-core processor
64-bit processing
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
1TB SATA/300 hard drive
DVD-RAM/+/-R/RW burner drive
802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
AMD Radeon HD 8570D graphics
5.1-channel HD audio
USB keyboard
Optical mouse
Gigabit ethernet
Digital media card reader
Four USB 3.0 ports
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI, RJ-45, VGA ports
Audio line-in/-out jacks
Windows 8.1, 64-bit
Measures approximately 7-1/8"W x 16-7/8"D x 15-1/4"H
UL listed adapter; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Imported

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{BrownSound
Guardian Elder

Ok, looking at the specs, its got a decent bit of oomph. You should be able to run most games with lower settings. However with streaming pc games, you may take a bit of a hit since there is some overhead created when capturing and sending video for streaming.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
CeratedGalaxy20
Clan Member

whats it gonna take to run games like lets say watch dogs or skyrim at high specs like what are you considering low specs? we talking 30fps? what am I gonna need to not take a hit when streaming? im wondering as to what is lower on the computer than normal

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
CeratedGalaxy20
Clan Member

like what kind of quality do you think I would have running elder scrolls and titanfall

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{BrownSound
Guardian Elder

CeratedGalaxy20 wrote:
whats it gonna take to run games like lets say watch dogs or skyrim at high specs like what are you considering low specs? we talking 30fps? what am I gonna need to not take a hit when streaming? im wondering as to what is lower on the computer than normal
Games like watch dogs are going to be a bit more demanding to run on high settings, so higher end hardware (like a more powerful GPU) would be needed. Skyrim is actually quite easy to get to high settings on most hardware (granted im not so sure for the comp you listed, since it does use AMD's integrated graphics solution)
http://www.ign.com/wikis/watch-dogs/PC_ ... quirements
CeratedGalaxy20 wrote:
like what kind of quality do you think I would have running elder scrolls and titanfall
With the minimum specs listed on their pages or on affiliate websites, at the bare minimum, this should easily run it. I would expect medium-ish for 1080p and a good frame rate.
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/storefaq
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/04/ ... s-revealed

However, if you are one for building a computer, i do also suggest looking at Hardware revolutions suggestions for building at different price ranges: http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best ... arch-2014/ http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best ... arch-2014/

Now I think some of the hit you'll get while streaming is mostly a combination of cpu and gpu related things. The processor on the comp you listed should do just fine, however since the gpu is integrated, you may see some loss in upload quality and game performance. If you go with a dedicated GPU (i.e. AMD Radeon R9 270 or an Nvidia GTX 760 < just examples of dedicated cards), you would get better gaming performance and less overhead while streaming. Of course having a good internet connection is also necessary for streaming (at least within the needs for streaming depending on what app you are using)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
8 posts Page 1 of 1