700k Exp, Choose Your Fate, Future Events

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

It's been about a week now since the 700k experience and choose your fate items were given out so I figured it was time to ask people what they decided to use these things for.

I personally used my 700k experience to get 75 magic, 70 prayer and then a couple levels in construction.
I have yet to use any of my choose your fate tokens because I am not sure what to use the items for, it is quite likely that I will get the insta kill darts as they seem like the only useful item.

I also thought I would try and throw around some ideas about future events.

I've seen a large drop in runescape activity lately.
I'm not sure if it just happens to be that I'm not on when other people are on but I do know that I am on almost everyday for at least an hour and don't see a large number of people in clan chat.
That being said I was wondering if trying to start up some events again would help.
A few people mentioned trying to do some more dungeoneering events.

I've also thought of just setting up a new event system where we do one of the following:

1. Figure out a day/time to do events then choose what to do once we see who shows up.
2. Find a day/time for events then vote on what event(s) to do each week.

I have also considered incorporating a new portion of events where each clan member is given a chance to submit something they have always wanted to try and then we get a group together to do it.
For example if you have always wanted to try doing Godwars but haven't done so because you don't want to go alone we could make a group to do that.
Other examples could be:
1. Clan Wars
2. Group Pking
3. Killing a boss monster
4. Killing a non-boss monster

Obviously those types of events don't have to revolve around combat based stuff but I feel like those would be the most commonly requested in this case.

Essentially I just want to try and have events cater to those who are actually willing to commit to them and not worry about whether or not everyone can do them.
That being said if you don't want to get left out then you need to make sure you participate in the voting, or show up on event days.

I would still like to try and bring the citadel back, along with doing some more service events.

Feedback would be very much appreciated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lyfe

RS branch is dead..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

I wouldn't call the branch dead, I would just say that most of us who play runescape have been pretty busy lately.
The game certainly isn't dead and isn't going to die anytime soon so the only way the branch will die is if people completely lose interest in the game.
If it doesn't seem like more people are playing around December, then I'll start thinking about whether or not the branch should be retired.

I still get a new person who is interested in the clan every once in awhile so it isn't like we are stuck at a standstill besides people just not getting on at the moment.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
3 posts Page 1 of 1