No, No, and No!

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

From the recent update notes(here):
Clan Fealty

Finally, we’ve made some changes to reward you stalwart clan skillers for your ongoing hard graft. Upon becoming eligible for a clan ring, you’ll also attain a Clan Fealty rank of 1, which means a 15% bonus to skilling XP earned at skill plots in your citadel from the next build tick. For each subsequent week that you earn your clan ring, you’ll gain another rank (up to 3), for a potential bonus of +45% XP! Along with extra skill lamps and a trimmed upgrade to your clan cape that improves with your rank, there’s never been a better time to get to work in your citadel.

On top of this, mining and woodcutting plots no longer degrade after a single use, and Shattered Heart rocks can now be obtained while skilling in your citadel.

The quota you’ll need to meet each week has been slightly increased across the board to reflect the additional reward, and your Fealty rank will decrease by 1 for each week that you do not meet your quota, but you can always attain it anew.

Clan admins among you also have some new tools to manage the maintenance of your citadels. It is now possible to lock out skill plots once an XP target has been met, allowing you to direct the efforts of your clan, as needed, to meet your weekly upkeep needs. It’s also possible to lock a skill plot indefinitely, until it is manually unlocked.

Enjoy!
I find all of the changes to the clan system seem to be going in the wrong direction. The first thing I have a problem with is that there updates were based on input from an "extensive discussion with our most proficient clans". In other words Jagex continues to cater to large clans and be of no help to smaller ones. Some of the tools they added aren't bad and the reward is kind of nice but the cost is ridiculous! We now have to meet an EVEN HIGHER quota? Small clans could barely meet the old one. This whole clan thing is getting to the point where I think I really need to send some kind of formal recommendation to Jagex about how they SHOULD be updating the clan system.

On a happier note I absolutely love all of the graphical updates they did.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

I agree with you and had some of the same thoughts when I read it. I think the citadel is a nice idea, but the smaller clans need to be able to keep up with the upkeep. I haven't checked out all the graphical updates yet, but I think I'm finally starting to get back into Runescape again. Good to see a post in here. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

The new armor looks alone makes me want to play more when I can. It almost feels like an entirely new game. I think my favorite thing is that all of the armor sets are now more unique(AKA black armor isn't just a recolor of bronze armor). I'm not a huge fan of the new mystic robes as I prefer the old look but the dragon hide stuff is amazing. Green dragon hide is possibly my favorite armor now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
3 posts Page 1 of 1