2012 for 2012: Evangelism

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
1 post Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Fair
Clan Member

Jumping on the back of Arrow's '2012 for 2012' campaign (giving 2012gp to 2012 players in the year 2012) I would like to introduce you to '2012 for 2012: Evangelism'. The hope is to encourage one another in our attempts to spread The Word to 2012 fellow runescape players who may have never heard the gospel or who may have heard but have not yet received Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour.

We all have a part to play in the making of disciples and evangelism takes on many forms, but which ever way we view evangelism, we are all clearly commissioned to tell others about Jesus. To many of you this may feel very daunting, and we certainly have much opposition, but when it comes down to it - our only concern must be what God thinks of us, rather than what anyone else thinks of us. It has taken me quite a while to get to the point of not being bothered about what people think of me when I witness to them, but it needn't take you that long! The joy of leading someone to Christ far outweighs the embarrassment or fear we may feel when sharing the gospel.

I would like to encourage you all to join me in whatever way you feel you can, or are being called to (which are often not the same ;) ). All I ask you to do is to send me a private message with the following information:

• Number of players (non-Christian) you have spoken to about anything to do with God, Jesus, your faith, the Bible, etc (mandatory)

Any details of the conversation(s) you care to share (optional)

Any prayer requests for the people you have spoken to (optional)

Any prayer requests for yourself (optional)

A simple statement telling me which parts of the above optional information you would like me to share with the rest of the clan in this thread

I will keep a running total here which I will update as I receive private messages.

NOTE: please only count conversations with different people, i.e. if you have many conversations with one person then this is great and to be encouraged :D , but for our 2012 target only the first coversation will count. I do not want to make this a number crunching exercise, which it could become if we are not careful. 2012 is simply a number which would be brilliant if we could reach it, but 1 life changed for ever would be reason enough. It is simply intended to be an encouragement to evangelise.

Let's make 2012 a year to remember for what we can achieve in and through God! Let's plant and water, remembering that it is God who gives the increase!

2012 for 2012: Evangelism TOTAL - 2

PS We only need to speak to 5 or 6 people between us each day to reach the target :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
1 post Page 1 of 1