Event planning- December '11

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

And here we are again! Here's your monthly lineup.

Lineup:

First non-members event- Thursday, December 1st, starting at about 5:30 P.M. EST (10:30 GMT)- no GWORS that day, doing it on Tuesday.

Second non-members event- Friday, December 9th, starting at 9:00 P.M. EST (6:00 PST).

Runescape members-only event- Thursday, December 15th, starting at about 5:30 P.M. EST (10:30 GMT), after the GWORS Bible study ends.

Dungeoneering- Saturday, December 17th, starting at 4 P.M. EST (Moving forward with this time for now, we'll see how it works out)

(Other timezones here: http://www.time.gov/)

Planning:

First non-members event: Outreach - non-members. We can try another party room event, or some other form of drop party. I need feedback on this.

Second non-members event: Here's what I have in mind: A non-members plan and a members-only backup if only members attend- kind of like what we do with Dungeoneering.

That said, here's what we've got:
- non-member plan: Hill giant training
- member plan: We haven't tried going after dragons yet, so how about those? Blue or green? Need feedback on this as well.

Runescape members-only event: Kirandio mentioned to me last night that on world 60, there is an unofficial penguin-hunting group going. I still need to check this out, but it sounds like fun! I will post more as I find out more.

Dungeoneering: Dungeoneering. If everyone who attends the event is a Runescape member, then we'll switch to a members world and do it that way. Otherwise we'll do it on a non-members world.

-----------------------------------------------

Feedback- please post or send me feedback on this in a PM. If you have any suggestions/comments/concerns, feel free of say so, we're all ears! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

What if we had a charity event, say coal running or chaos running? We could pair off in teams of two, one getting the exp and the other person banking. Or switch off, that works, too.

Then we take what we get and either randomly give it to people in Lumby, or host another event where we only give out what we made/mined/whatever. Like we mine 100k coal, we give out 1k to 100 people.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

IllinoisCliff wrote:
What if we had a charity event, say coal running or chaos running? We could pair off in teams of two, one getting the exp and the other person banking. Or switch off, that works, too.

Then we take what we get and either randomly give it to people in Lumby, or host another event where we only give out what we made/mined/whatever. Like we mine 100k coal, we give out 1k to 100 people.
That is an interesting idea- and I may try it later on, but the problem is that we do "Random Acts of Kindness"-like Outreach events a lot. Nothing against it, but a drop-party-type format is a bit of a change from the standard format. Don't get me wrong- I do like that suggestion, but I'm trying to throw in a different style of Outreach here and there, to keep it interesting.

What do you think of a "Falador Party Room" event? We can all bring items and invite people to come kick balloons with us. Of course, we will need to pay attention to who's getting more and who's getting less, but it presents some good fellowship opportunities.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Canine
Clan Member

Here is a link that explains penguin hunting. I generally do this every week on my own: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/s ... 2,63415380

It tells you the general locations, you join their friend's chat, then you go to the places where the people are shouting out locations. CanadaGrrl does a really good job of explaining everything for new hunters.

I don't have any ideas for events and such... But Pest Control could be fun if we had a big enough group.

Also, for the drop parties, where do we get our items from for the drops?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Thanks for the info on Penguin Hunting. Sounds like it would be interesting to try! :)

For the drop party, it would be a "bring what you want to donate"-type deal. Now, since we are already dong G.I.A., I am heavily considering pulling our other monthly Outreach event altogether and making G.I.A. our "Outreach Arm," so to speak. I'll talk to Arrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Posted the event info for the second non-members event. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Fair
Clan Member

}SoC{Djp49 wrote:
And here we are again! Here's your monthly lineup.
Link posted on GWORS website :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
7 posts Page 1 of 1