New RS homepage

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Jagex wrote:
We’re proud to present advance details of our completely overhauled website, which will launch at next week’s update, with loads of new features and a community-editable wiki at its core!

As announced and shown in November’s Behind the Scenes, the website will have a distinctive new look, including a brand new RuneScape logo, a darkly cool colour palette and a thorough re-structuring of the front page, putting up-to-the-minute information to the fore.

Rest of article found here: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/co ... ew-website
What do you guys think? Looks good? Should stay the way it is? Maybe even go back to what it was?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Canine
Clan Member

I'm kind of indifferent on this: "- Along with the release of the new website, we will be making hi-scores a members-only feature."

I can understand why they want to make it members-only... but I don't know if I support that idea just yet...

The "231,710 players online" is obviously photoshopped since the bot-busting... :lol:
I think every update they're having is just trying to relate them to WoW... Dungeoneering, website, graphics... They're only doing it for the better, I guess. As long as they don't have another price-hike like last year's, to maintain this level of graphical output/overhaul - especially with the loss of revenue from the P2P botters.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

Does this mean I'm going to have to get a new computer???

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{Osons wrote:
Does this mean I'm going to have to get a new computer???
No.

Honestly I'm not sure what i think. Either way ti will take some getting used to. I'm not sure if I like the new logo though. It's just...too different.

As far as them making the game more like WoW all I have to say is NO. The two games are only similar in that they are MMORPGs. Besides that it's a totally different feel regardless of how many updates have been applied.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

My Opinion of the update so far:

-The new look is ok, a little confusing since they moved some of the buttons around , but I will get used to it.

-The in-game interface is ruined/terrible. It's bad enough that every time I try to log in there is a 50% chance it will tell me I don't have java installed. While using firefox, my primary browser the game reloads everytime I switch tabs (very annoying). All of the toolbar icons look horrible. Giant "higher def" pictures that are inside of squares and don't match the rest of the graphics style? In-fact the entire new interface doesn't really match the rest of the runescape style and actually makes the game moderately painful to look at.
Edit: Also in google chrome every time it loads something it forces my computer focus to that window/tab.

Short version: Painful, bugs, bugs, bugs!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Aww crud. I can't copy and paste in Branch News into the forum thread- it appears without spacing and instead says "<br>". Now I must re-type the event/news info so that it appears the way I want it to.

That's frustrating, though the new login feature rocks. :)

Correction: You can still copy and paste, it just looks strange in the preview. Looks fine in the actual post. Whatev'.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
6 posts Page 1 of 1