Project G.I.A.

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
35 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

mihFH5Qvj34

Suggestion: Watch it on Youtube fullscreen or a larger than default window size, 720p.

What is Project G.I.A?
Project G.I.A., or Give it All, is something that has been on my heart for what seems like forever. It all started when I felt called to give away everything in runescape (time,money,items) in order to serve the community and spread the love and joy that God has given me.
It consists of three components:
1. The House of God
2. Chill and Skill
3. Can I ask you a Question?

1. The House of God

What?: The House of God is giveaway in which various resources will be distributed completely free of charge.
When?: Once a month. Saturdays.
Where?: World 11, Port Sarim Church
How?: Place an order using the order form below, or just show up.

What would you like?:
What do you want it for?:
Anything we can pray for you for?:
What kind of event would you be interested in doing with us?:

2. Chill and Skill
What?: A no commitment, free session in which a player who is an “expert” in a particular skill will give you tips and tricks on how to train, make money, etc. This is also a place for you to find friends to skill with.
Where?: World 11, Falador Park.
How?: Just show up.
Additional Info : Falador park is only the meeting place. We will move out from there to a more appropriate location.

3. Can I ask you a Question?

What?: And open forum discussion session about anything you choose.
Where?: World 11, Port Sarim Church
How?: Just show up.
Additional Info: Location Subject to change. If topic is deemed inappropriate or violates the rules it will not be discussed.

Rules

# Do not disrespect other players or members.
# No vulgar or profane names.
# No cursing, including abbreviations and partially censored text.
# No racist or discriminating comments.
# No mocking or bashing Christians, God, or other religions.
# No "online-dating" set ups here.

FAQ

Q: Are you associated with a Clan?

A: Yes, Soldiers of Christ QFC: 93-94-935-58750871.

Q: Doesn’t this violate the rules?

A: No. As long as there is no discussion of religion/faith on the forums it is perfectly fine. This organization is run by a Christian Clan but not everyone in the clan is a Christian. We simply operate on Christian principles.

Q: Can I ask for 1 million logs?

A: yes, but don’t expect to get it anytime soon.

Q: Can I make a donation(Of time, money, items)?

A: Yes! Just contact me(Runezam), Djp49, or any of the other leaders listed on the Soldiers of Christ thread.

Q: What is the best way to contact someone?

A: Join one of the following chats

1. Clan Chat: Soldiers of Christ
2. Friends Chat: SoC Chat

[May add more info]

FEEDBACK NEED

Is there anything I should add before posting on the runescape forums?
Are you willing to volunteer time to this? (Whether it be gathering resources, earning money to buy things, teaching a class, etc)
Should I add the no hijacking disclaimer?

[Note some of this is irrelevant here and will only apply on the runescape forums]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

I like the video and the idea, Arrow! I think there is much potential to serve God better with the project! :)

Concerning feedback:

On the video:

-I really liked it! Hopefully we can the Machinima Team started soon and make more videos.

On the project in general:

- I think that you should add the "no hijacking" notice to it. I know that we've had problems with that in the past in the main thread.

- I am willing to contribute time to this. I have only a limited amount of time on Runescape every day because of schoolwork, but I will never-the-less contribute what I can.

- My understanding of the three components of this project is this:
> The House of God component is pretty much a charity giveaway, and the items will be given out when we do outreach (not sure how and when it will be distributed, and who will do that).
> The Chill and Skill component is skill-training, as explained in the post.
> The Can I ask you a Question is open discussion.

- For 'Chill and Skill,' do we have the volunteers (with the appropriate skill masteries)required to perform this? Should we see who's willing to help in this before we launch it?

- Will you be able to make it to these events/meetings (not sure what to call 'em)?

Those are all the questions that I have at the moment. I like the information and presentation that you've compiled. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

With the chill and skill I need volunteers. If all else fails I can do the first one on woodcutting.\
During the events in the video (the raw footage was 2 hours long) a bunch of people were interested. It's surprising how many volunteers you can get when you do something like that.
The guy I gave the wizard gold hat to apparently freaked out and cried in real life because he was so happy. He had previously been hacked after woodcutting for 3 months to buy one (it's his favorite item).
One of his friends whom I had previously purchased things for donated all her money to the cause.

I am sure we will get plenty of volunteers even if it is not strictly ones from SoC. I know plenty of us have 99 or know plenty of tips (though everyone, including SoC members will have to agree to certain things before being permitted to teach).

I should be able to make it to the events. It might cut in on my relaxation.gaming time but that is what this is all about. I plan on training different people to organize things though so it can become self sustaining.

Oh and I almost forgot. I thought that the following could be our slogan:

"The world is our citadel".

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

Arrow, I'm speechless at your commitment and passion brother.

I love this project.

Count me totaly in. Saturdays are perfect anytime.

"The World is our Citidel" Love the slogan as well.

The transition from speaking to music needs to be tweaked volume wise. Almost woke the entire block when the music kicked in.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{Osons wrote:
The transition from speaking to music needs to be tweaked volume wise. Almost woke the entire block when the music kicked in.
Thats kind of the point.

Then again most people I know use headphones and don't require an overly loud volume.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

}SoC{Arrow wrote:
With the chill and skill I need volunteers. If all else fails I can do the first one on woodcutting.\
During the events in the video (the raw footage was 2 hours long) a bunch of people were interested. It's surprising how many volunteers you can get when you do something like that.
The guy I gave the wizard gold hat to apparently freaked out and cried in real life because he was so happy. He had previously been hacked after woodcutting for 3 months to buy one (it's his favorite item).
One of his friends whom I had previously purchased things for donated all her money to the cause.

I am sure we will get plenty of volunteers even if it is not strictly ones from SoC. I know plenty of us have 99 or know plenty of tips (though everyone, including SoC members will have to agree to certain things before being permitted to teach).

I should be able to make it to the events. It might cut in on my relaxation.gaming time but that is what this is all about. I plan on training different people to organize things though so it can become self sustaining.

Oh and I almost forgot. I thought that the following could be our slogan:

"The world is our citadel".
Okay, that makes sense. Maybe I'll be able to offer my services with Mining, I dunno lol.

I like the slogan! :)

Edit: What Saturdays are you thinking of doing the 3 components on, Arrow? I'm planning out some new monthly events (The Dungeoneering and Citadel events)and one of them may need to be on a Saturday.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

The plan was to do each one on a different Saturday for each event to the point where it would occur on the same Saturday each month.

As far as which Saturday is which I was thinking the last Saturday of every month should be the giveaway day. That gives people a whole month to both donate and work on gathering things.
As far as the other 2 events go It doesn't really matter which Saturday they are on and they can always be switched to a different day if need arises.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Gotcha'.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Ehm. What does G.I.A. stand for, Arrow?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

It's in the video, and I meant to put it in the description, but Give it All.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lyfe

I think we shouldnt also do it in f2p but also p2p

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

P2P will only happen as needed. Thats another thing I meant to add a note on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Fair
Clan Member

It all sounds great! I will be there as much as I can, but can't commit too much timewise atm. Life is pretty full on here atm, but I will try and log on as much as I can :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

Hey Arrow, this is Zf Bagman on Runescape, just wanted to let you know that I donated 5k Air Runes and 1k Steel to Djp49; and I have 1k logs waiting for you or Dj.

See you online,

Cliff

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Canine
Clan Member

Hey there,
Zf Bagman explained a bit about the project then I decided to go find the thread he was talking about. I watched the video, read the info, very interested in helping. I really like what is going on here.

I'm interested to know what our current inventory is in terms of items donated/collected for the GIA.

Donated to Djp the following:
1,000 Law Runes
15,000 Fire Runes
10 sets of Green D'hide
5 sets of Rune Armor (l)
2M GP

- SiiCK K9/MG Canine

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Here is what I have so far:

- 2 million gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 5 each of: rune full helm, rune platebody, rune platelegs, rune kiteshield.
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes

I think that's it so far.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

When's kick-off for this so I can post it on the forums. People also need to know which Saturday is Port Sarim Church, or Fally Park.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

I have 10 sets of Iron, Steel, Mithril, Adament and Black armours. I'll hand them over next time I see one of you guys online.

I have to make them myself, but I will have 10 sets of Bronze armour tomorrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

I lied... I got the bronze sets done tonight. Also, I have 800 bronze bars, and 290 throwing knives.

I will have 1k coal to donate, too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

}SoC{Osons wrote:
When's kick-off for this so I can post it on the forums. People also need to know which Saturday is Port Sarim Church, or Fally Park.
There's further information for it on the thread.

Based on the description there and some PM's with Arrow, this is going to happen next Saturday, at the Port Sarim church.

@ Cliff/Zf Bagman- I'll be able to collect it all from you when I get on later. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{Djp49 wrote:
Here is what I have so far:

- 2 million gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes

I think that's it so far.
Add another 32k GP (plus whatever I get from miscellania investments this month).

After the first event I'll post a list of current supplies on the Runescape forums.

I'm probably have a bunch of fish and logs but don't have the numbers right now.
}SoC{Osons wrote:
Current plan is last saturday of the month is the House of God event.
I think I set it so the first saturday is skill and chill and the second is Can I ask you a question? .
Whichever saturdays aren't an official SoC event.

Kickoff is 26th of November.

If anyone wants to volunteer to teach a class for skill and chill let me know (along with times you can teach). Otherwise I'll just offer up my woodcutting expertise and leave it open to doing any skill people are in the mood for.

For all events if no one shows up then we will go out into the community and find people.

House of God would work like a RAK day.
Skill and Chill simply involves finding a group of people skilling and chatting with them.
Can I ask you a question? could be done a number of ways.

At this point, don't worry about people not showing up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

If anyone wants to discuss Theology, about God or any other god, I have a degree in Theology, and I'm always looking to spill some useless knowledge.

Can this be a part of G.I.A.? I've got the friend chat set up at "Zf Bagman" if anyone wants to talk.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Canine
Clan Member

}SoC{Arrow wrote:
[quote="}

After the first event I'll post a list of current supplies on the Runescape forums.
Wondering if this is a good idea or not, to make the list of our donation inventory public. I understand the point of the project, to give to those who want/need the extra RS help. However, displaying what is in our coffers may only increase the demands/wants of an individual more than their initial hopes of what they wish to receive. Overall, I feel this would detract from the amount of people we would be able to reach out to, since we would have less resources.

When I asked for a list, I didn't intend for the transparency to extend to the public, only the ones that are involved in the process.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

IllinoisCliff wrote:
If anyone wants to discuss Theology, about God or any other god, I have a degree in Theology, and I'm always looking to spill some useless knowledge.

Can this be a part of G.I.A.? I've got the friend chat set up at "Zf Bagman" if anyone wants to talk.
In some sense this is part of the "Can I ask you a question?" event. I just had to keep it completely open in order to abide by forum rules.

}SoC{Canine wrote:

Wondering if this is a good idea or not, to make the list of our donation inventory public. I understand the point of the project, to give to those who want/need the extra RS help. However, displaying what is in our coffers may only increase the demands/wants of an individual more than their initial hopes of what they wish to receive. Overall, I feel this would detract from the amount of people we would be able to reach out to, since we would have less resources.

When I asked for a list, I didn't intend for the transparency to extend to the public, only the ones that are involved in the process.

I'll have to think about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

More stuff:

- 290 bronze knives
- 10 each of: iron, steel, black, mithril, and adamant armor sets
- 10 each of bronze platebodies, platelegs, full helms, and kiteshields
- 800 bronze bars
- 1,000 coal ore

I have yet to make any major contributions, but I will contribute 1 million as a donation to begin.

Total so far:

- 3 million gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 10 each of: bronze platebodies, platelegs, full helms, and kiteshields
- 800 bronze bars
- 1,000 coal ore

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

Not trying to be rude with you guys, TeamSpeak crashed... I'm trying to get it going again. Sorry.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

IllinoisCliff wrote:

Useless knowledge?? Chomp down on your tongue hard. It's only useless if there's no application ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

More stuff:

- 250 whole cakes
- 50 chocolate cake slices

Total so far:

- 3 million gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 800 bronze bars
- 1,000 coal ore
- 250 whole cakes

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zf_Bagman
Clan Member

I have more stuff to donate... Get your inventory empty. I'm going to have at least 1 load.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

More stuff:

- Yew comp bow
- Green d'hide chaps
- Bronze sq shield
- 2 bruise blue snelms
- Rune full helm
- Rune platelegs
- Rune boots
- Iron dagger'
- Rune platebody
- Black platebody
- Black helm (h2)
- 5 iron scimmys
- Pair of leather gloves
- Rune kiteshield
- Steel gloves
- Emerald ring
- Black platelegs
- Black full helm
- Black helm (h4)
- Granite maul
- Steel platebody
- Zamorak robe legs
- Black plateshirt (h5)
- Iron platelegs
- 2 bronze hatchets
- Leather chaps
- Bronze hatchet
- 100 swordfish

Total so far:

- 3 million gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 800 bronze bars
- 1,000 coal ore
- 250 whole cakes
- 100 swordfish
- Yew comp bow
- Green d'hide chaps
- Bronze sq shield
- 2 bruise blue snelms
- Rune full helm
- Rune platelegs
- Rune boots
- Iron dagger'
- Rune platebody
- Black platebody
- Black helm (h2)
- 5 iron scimmys
- Pair of leather gloves
- Rune kiteshield
- Steel gloves
- Emerald ring
- Black platelegs
- Black full helm
- Black helm (h4)
- Granite maul
- Steel platebody
- Zamorak robe legs
- Black plateshirt (h5)
- Iron platelegs
- 2 bronze hatchets
- Leather chaps
- Bronze hatchet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Donation by Osons:

- 34,239,058 gp

Total so far:

- 37,239,058 gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 800 bronze bars
- 1,000 coal ore
- 250 whole cakes
- 100 swordfish
- Yew comp bow
- Green d'hide chaps
- Bronze sq shield
- 2 bruise blue snelms
- Rune full helm
- Rune platelegs
- Rune boots
- Iron dagger'
- Rune platebody
- Black platebody
- Black helm (h2)
- 5 iron scimmys
- Pair of leather gloves
- Rune kiteshield
- Steel gloves
- Emerald ring
- Black platelegs
- Black full helm
- Black helm (h4)
- Granite maul
- Steel platebody
- Zamorak robe legs
- Black plateshirt (h5)
- Iron platelegs
- 2 bronze hatchets
- Leather chaps
- Bronze hatchet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

More donations:

- 32k gp
- 1,000 gold
- 1,000 coal

Total so far:

- 37,271,058 gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 800 bronze bars
- 2,000 coal ore
- 250 whole cakes
- 100 swordfish
- Yew comp bow
- Green d'hide chaps
- Bronze sq shield
- 2 bruise blue snelms
- Rune full helm
- Rune platelegs
- Rune boots
- Iron dagger'
- Rune platebody
- Black platebody
- Black helm (h2)
- 5 iron scimmys
- Pair of leather gloves
- Rune kiteshield
- Steel gloves
- Emerald ring
- Black platelegs
- Black full helm
- Black helm (h4)
- Granite maul
- Steel platebody
- Zamorak robe legs
- Black plateshirt (h5)
- Iron platelegs
- 2 bronze hatchets
- Leather chaps
- Bronze hatchet
- 1,000 gold ore

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

New donations:

- 48,268 gp (from selling certain unusable items)
- Bronze med helm
- Iron chainbody
- Bronze sq shield
- Iron kiteshield
- 22 bronze bolts (p++)
- 571 bronze arrows
- 3 studded chaps
- Iron full helm
- 43 steel sq shields
- Black battleaxe
- 32 steel longswords
- 43 iron arrows
- Steel mace
- Iron platebody
- 3 iron med helms
- Rune claws
- Rune spear (p++)
- Elemental shield
- Mithril scimitar
- 3 shortbows
- Oak longbow
- 4 amulets of magic
- Amulet of defence
- 200 cakes
- Iron mace
- 336 seaweed
- 8 iron pickaxes
- 18 bronze pickaxes
- 2 staffs of air
- Earth tiara
- Air talisman
- 53 jugs of wine
- 19 bottles of wine
- 347 oyster pearls

Total so far:

- 84,569,326 gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 8 adamant armor sets
- 10 each of: iron, steel, black, and mithril armor sets
- 800 bronze bars
- 2,000 coal ore
- 450 whole cakes
- 100 swordfish
- Yew comp bow
- Green d'hide chaps
- Bronze sq shield
- 2 bruise blue snelms
- Rune full helm
- Rune platelegs
- Rune boots
- Iron dagger'
- Rune platebody
- Black platebody
- Black helm (h2)
- 5 iron scimmys
- Pair of leather gloves
- Rune kiteshield
- Steel gloves
- Emerald ring
- Black platelegs
- Black full helm
- Black helm (h4)
- Granite maul
- Steel platebody
- Zamorak robe legs
- Black plateshirt (h5)
- Iron platelegs
- 2 bronze hatchets
- Leather chaps
- Bronze hatchet
- 1,000 gold ore
- Bronze med helm
- Iron chainbody
- Bronze sq shield
- Iron kiteshield
- 22 bronze bolts (p++)
- 571 bronze arrows
- 3 studded chaps
- Iron full helm
- 43 steel sq shields
- Black battleaxe
- 32 steel longswords
- 43 iron arrows
- Steel mace
- Iron platebody
- 3 iron med helms
- Rune claws
- Rune spear (p++)
- Elemental shield
- Mithril scimitar
- 3 shortbows
- Oak longbow
- 4 amulets of magic
- Amulet of defence
- Iron mace
- 336 seaweed
- 8 iron pickaxes
- 18 bronze pickaxes
- 2 staffs of air
- Earth tiara
- Air talisman
- 53 jugs of wine
- 19 bottles of wine
- 347 oyster pearls

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Donation:

- 1.5m gp

Total so far:

- 86,069,326 gp
- 1,000 steel bars
- 5,000 air runes
- 1,000 plain logs
- 1,000 mind runes
- 10 green d'hide sets
- 1,000 law runes
- 15,000 fire runes
- 290 bronze knives
- 8 adamant armor sets
- 10 each of: iron, steel, black, and mithril armor sets
- 800 bronze bars
- 2,000 coal ore
- 450 whole cakes
- 100 swordfish