rs.teamsoc.net Preview (Now with a Poll)

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Which Banner do you prefer?

No votes
Option 1
40%
Option 2
60%
Option 3

Total votes: 10

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Changed the top banner. Need Feedback on which one is liked best.

Option 1 (Original)

Option 2 (Original with glowing text)

Option 3 (Uses new RS Logo)

What do you guys think so far?
What should I change/ add?

Also please thank }SoC{KnoxJL for all the help he has given me and }SoC{GeneralGouda for letting me use his code.

EDIT:

Probably Going to change the "Conduct" tab to Info.

Should I get rid of the "Forums" tab and just have a link somewhere else? If yes what should I use that tab for? (Maybe a media tab for pictures, videos, etc?)

Description of tabs:

Home - general introductory page.

GWORS - central place for all information related to GWORS and bible studies. Need to know what is wanted here as far as pictures, information, etc goes. (Can add a blog "news feed" like the one on the news page (see below).

News: Contains information about events (calender based) as well as various announcments (can be updated whenever via a blog thanks to script by }SoC{KnoxJL)

Info(currently labled conduct): Contains general information about our rules, expectations, ideals, projects, etc.

Forums: Links to Runescape section of soc forums (may change).

Apply: Contains general information on applying to the Runescape branch and to SoC as a whole.

Once I have all pages completed I will upload to the test.teamsoc.net page for a full preview.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

}SoC{Arrow wrote:

What do you guys think so far?
What should I change/ add?

Also please thank }SoC{KnoxJL for all the help he has given me and }SoC{GeneralGouda for letting me use his code.

EDIT:

Probably Going to change the "Conduct" tab to Info.

Should I get rid of the "Forums" tab and just have a link somewhere else? If yes what should I use that tab for? (Maybe a media tab for pictures, videos, etc?)

Description of tabs:

Home - general introductory page.

GWORS - central place for all information related to GWORS and bible studies. Need to know what is wanted here as far as pictures, information, etc goes. (Can add a blog "news feed" like the one on the news page (see below).

News: Contains information about events (calender based) as well as various announcments (can be updated whenever via a blog thanks to script by }SoC{KnoxJL)

Info(currently labled conduct): Contains general information about our rules, expectations, ideals, projects, etc.

Forums: Links to Runescape section of soc forums (may change).

Apply: Contains general information on applying to the Runescape branch and to SoC as a whole.

Once I have all pages completed I will upload to the test.teamsoc.net page for a full preview.
First off, it looks amazing, Arrow! great job! :) (I like it that my head-less, ear-less, and hair-less face is on there XD)

1. I'm assuming that this will be separate from the SoC site? if not, where will it be?

2. Should the "Forums" tab contain the links to:
-The main SoC forum and/or the Runescape section
-the thread on the RS forums

I see that there is a link to the forum thread on the bottom, but would it be simpler to have them all in one tab? what do you think?

3. For the GWORS tab, a calendar would be helpful I think. I'll leave the details to Fair though lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

First off, it looks amazing, Arrow! great job! :) (I like it that my head-less, ear-less, and hair-less face is on there XD)
The only thing I really made was the background and header at the top. The rest was just me editing stuff the lotro guys made.
1. I'm assuming that this will be separate from the SoC site? if not, where will it be?
rs.teamsoc.net

See lotro.teamsoc.net for an example.

Esentially it's our "branch homepage". We can just direct people there rather than say "go to teamsoc.net. Click this. Click that. etc".
2. Should the "Forums" tab contain the links to:
-The main SoC forum and/or the Runescape section
-the thread on the RS forums

I see that there is a link to the forum thread on the bottom, but would it be simpler to have them all in one tab? what do you think?
The links at the bottom are better in my opinion because the "bottom bar" is on every single page and scrolls with you.
3. For the GWORS tab, a calendar would be helpful I think. I'll leave the details to Fair though lol.
I can add whatever she wants to that page.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Ah, all right. Cool beans.

Yeah, it does look better on the bottom, now that I've seen the LOTR:O one.

Sounds good.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

Looks awesome!

(Need to photoshop in some crazy hair for Dj.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{R3NNiS wrote:
Looks awesome!

Wouldn't be too hard.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

}SoC{R3NNiS wrote:
Looks awesome!

:laughhard: I don't know how my head on the Runescape forums got like that, but it's so funny that I've never bothered to change it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Moman
Clan Member

Me like! Nice! Quick link for planned events? :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Moman wrote:
Me like! Nice! Quick link for planned events? :)

That is the idea. Once I get all of the blog stuff setup.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Updated. See new poll.

Just need to work on getting some info for a few people and help with java stuff and website should be up and running. Hopefully I can finish this up over Christmas Break.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

The page is now mostly done. Just have to figure out what info to put on the GWORS page and then get a few java script things sorted.

Here is a preview of the "homepage" with the new updated background.

May do a few changes as far as linking things goes after everything else is sorted out.
Once I have it up on the test page I'll get a little bit of feedback to make sure everything is good and then have it put up officially.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Cool beans, Arrow! Looks nice! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links