General Information

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

ImageImage Image

Welcome to the new general information thread!

What is Runescape?

Runescape is a widely-played, expansive MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game). It is composed of 25 skills, tons of quests, 37 single and multiplayer activities (minigames), a large map area to explore, a task system, and much more.

General SoC Runescape branch chat information:

Friend chat: SoC_Chat
Clan chat: Soldiers of Christ

Links:

Branch news

SoC Runescape branch clan page

Members List & Sign Up/Update thread

Runescape Forum Thread

Currently Active Members List

Your Skills and Goals

Index:
- New to the branch? Start here
- Event Schedule
- Fellow Christian clans
- TeamSpeak Server information
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New to the branch? Start here

We invite you to join as in our quest to bring light to the darkened world that is Runescape.

If you would like to sign up for the branch you can do as on the Members List & Sign Up/Update thread.

If you have never played Runescape before and wish to try it you can Create an account

If you would like to see a little more about what Runescape you can Watch this short video.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event schedule

Our monthly event plans are regularly posted, usually under the title of something like "event planning - [name of month and year]"

GWORS/SoC events:

Free-to-Play events:
-1st non-Members event: The first Thursday of every month, after the GWORS Bible studies, starting around 5:30 P.M. Eastern time.
-2nd non-Members event: The second Friday of every month, starting at 9:00 PM Eastern time.

Pay-to-Play events:
-Members event: The third Thursday of every month, after the GWORS Bible studies, starting around 5:30 P.M. Eastern time.

Dungeoneering:
-Members/non-members - depends on who attends.

Fellow Christian Clans

GWORS ~

The GWORS (God's Word On Runescape)group (}SoC{Fair leads the group) is doing Bible studies and monthly events (events found here).

GWORS website

Currently, Fair is leading session 1, on Thursdays.

The session/s currently being done are:

- Session 1 on Thursday by Fair at 4:00 P.M. Eastern time (1:00 P.M. Pacific time and 9:00 P.M. GMT).

The topic/s currently being studied in the session/s are:

- During Session 1 we are currently studying "The Cry of My Heart - how to be a genuine disciple," by Tim Hawkins.

(Original fellow Christian clans thread)

TeamSpeak Server information

TeamSpeak (as many of you know) is a voice-over-internet program, which SoC uses for it's Bible-studies and assorted games. I have downloaded it myself and I rather like it. SB Leader does a really good job with the studies. If you don't have a headset and want to download TeamSpeak, I would advise that you get one, you can probably get a fairly high-quality headset for $20 - $40. Headsets aren't required, if your computer has a mic on it, you'll be fine, but a headset would be the easier option as far as conversations go. You can also use the chat box instead of talking. ;)

TeamSpeak website

How to set TeamSpeak up

Additional SoC server information

SoC Bible Study information

You will need to put in the password "mustang" to access the server.

The TeamSpeak Bible studies are at 8 PM EST on Monday and Thursday nights, currently we are studying 1 Corinthians in the Thursday night study, and The Gospel of John on Monday nights.

We can't have an "official" Runescape channel (at least not yet), but I talked with some folks and we have gotten permission to take over Gameroom 3 to use as a Runescape channel instead.

Original TeamSpeak server information thread

More graphics will be added later.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Looks great! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ell

This is very cool!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

Very nice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

I agree, very nicely done.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

A slight change to the event schedule: All non-members events from now on will be after the GWORS Bible Study instead of one during the usual times, and one after (our 1st and 2nd non-members events, respectively). To summarize: our non-members events now will both start be right around 5:30 PM, U.S. Eastern time. I shall change the Event schedule accordingly. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
6 posts Page 1 of 1