BE AWARE

Official SoC Branch for Runescape. Jagex forum thread
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

Currently from what I have been hearing and seeing a few glitches have come up since the return of free trade and the wilderness. I will be posting here about any I find/hear about so that others can be aware of them. This thread will not tell how to do glitches, not that I really know how to do any anyways.

~~UPDATES~~
Added a scams section

Current scams:

-Dice game/flower game - essentially gambling, the person says that if you bet amount x the will give you either a set amount higher than what you bet or a certain multiplier of that amount. You essentially have to guess either the color of the flowers or number on the dice (sometimes it's just the certain range on the dice [example: 1-10]) and if you are correct they will pay you. YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE MONEY FIRST and if you win they just loggout.

-Wilderness PK vid scam - ask you to go into the wilderness with 3 items so they can film a "good start" to their PK vid. They want to kill you while you are not skulled (so in theory you don't lose anything). Somehow you end up losing your stuff. I am not sure how but you do. As a rule of thumb: IF SOMEONE TRIES TO GET YOU INTO THE WILDERNESS FOR ANY REASON, DO NOT GO WITH THEM!

-Item borrowing scam - ask to borrow an item. As you to go to wilderness with them and then they almost kill you for a "video". then ask you to attack their friend. You get skulled, they return your item by using it on you, they kill you, you lose your item.

-The moderator scam - person will send you a private message saying that they have noticed you are very mature and that they would like to make you a player moderator. (they may claim they are on a "staff world" which won't be listed on the worlds list but these are just German worlds. STAFF WORLDS DO NOT EXIST). They will ask you to go to an external website and fill out a form. this form will still your info and they will take your account. DON'T go to the website. Report the player and go to This Thread and post the URL they give you for the website.

Current Glitches:

-Staking in the duel arena - lots of scams going on from this, people able to use as much special attack as they want and heal as much as they want, even if these things are turned off.AVOID THE DUEL ARENA FOR NOW. ~~May have been fixed~~

~~~~New glitches go here~~~

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll keep my eyes open.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

Yes, thanks, I don't usually go to the duel arena, so I didn't know about any glitches. I'll avoid it for a while.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

NEW E-MAIL BASED SCAM

Today I recieved an e-mail from noreply@jagex.com.

It claimed that the address associated with my account had been changed (IE someone changed my email).

It then gives you two options. One if a link to confirm you did this and one is a link to say you didn't want it changed.

Both link you to a fake log-in page. The links they send you use HTML to label the link as going to secure.runescape.com.

It actually links to secure.runescape.com.cm.

There are 3 ways you can tell the website is fake:

1. Look at the URL bar and check to see that the green Jagex Limited (GB) is on it : Image

2. Check to see if the website uses https (the fake one it linked me too was only using http, or not secure).

3. Enter fake information into the login boxes and see if it works. If it is trying to steal your password it will generally go through.

Please note: secure.runescape.com.cm is not an actual webpage and most browsers SHOULD redirect you to the actual runescape.com website if you type it in.
You can only find a page on that domain if you get an e-mail link with a code tacked onto the end (in other words you can't get here unless they try to scam you. I wouldn't try to go to the website anyways).

Things that tipped me off to it being a scam:

1. The email was sent to an e-mail address that is not related to my runescape account.

2. There was no "secure bar" in the URL bar.

3. Upon viewing the e-mail on my PC the WOT addon for firefox labled it as an unsafe website. (I original viewed the email on my phone).

4. The normal e-mails I receive from Jagex come from @email.runescape.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Djp49
Branch Leader

I will keep an eye out for it, Arrow. Thanks! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Canine
Clan Member

According to this thread, the dice game is now disabled.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/f ... 7,63375704

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{Canine wrote:
According to this thread, the dice game is now disabled.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/f ... 7,63375704
I knew jagex would do the right thing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Osons
Clan Member

awww man! Just when I was starting to get good at it too!

kidding

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Canine
Clan Member

I think some of these are pretty straightforward and common sense... but here is a link to Mod Poppy's list of scams:
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/f ... 7,62283353

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
9 posts Page 1 of 1