TF2 Question

Discussion for Team Fortress 2
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
13 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

Hey so I haven't been on SoC in...well probably a couple years...I used to play Halo a lot but don't even remember most the people I used to know in SoC but what I wanted to ask was is there a decent community of SoC that play TF2? Thinking I might want to try to atleast get linked back into the SoC community but I play mostly TF2 right now (and eventually Guild Wars 2 when that comes out...eventually).

Thanks!
(Sorry if I didn't follow some sort of protocol or rules by posting this, like I said, I have been away from SoC for a long while so only remember a few things...like...maybe I think I remember someone named Zulu or something...haha)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member

Hey! Welcome back.

At least at the moment, the branch is pretty dead.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

Thanks!

Wow that's a shame. It's an enjoyable game. Really the only game I'll keep going back to...over and over again far too many hours haha...Any hopes of the branch revitalizing? I'd love to see SoC in TF2 :| It's the only game I consistently will play and once I put Halo PC down, I slowly dropped connection with SoC until I stumbled upon one of the TF2 threads on this forum on Google haha There's so many players in TF2 too! Today alone 64,720 was the peak of player count at one time, the current being 49,041, it's a really lively again in terms of players playing!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

I vote we fix the TF2 Branch!!! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tech
Guardian Elder

We do still have a server!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

Yeah! I saw! We should have a server time sometime to try and get people to play in it and have fun as SoC?

Is there any reason the server is set to No Crits and Fixed Spread (i think?)?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kyle
Teamspeak Admin

We don't have random critical hits because; well I'm not sure why but it is kind of lame to die to someone do to complete random chance instead of skill. I believe the fixed spread thing fixes the spread of rounds that come out of the scout's pistol I think? It's like sorta broken by default or something like not. I'm not sure.

Um, we have TF2 nights on Friday nights but I forget sometimes when I'm all caught up with internet spaceships. :| It also seems that a lot of times Valve sends out TF2 updates on Fridays meaning our server isn't up to date in time but I guess that's not really an excuse. Tech does a decent job keeping it updated. :)
Though we really should start playing more than 1 night a week. Someone should start kicking me off of EVE to play more TF2.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

Yeah okay I thought fixed spread was something like that.

I love random crits! Not to say anything about my skill level but it mixes things up. A random crit can clear a room or mix up the tide of war completely! Its kind of a shame you don't have crits on =/ It's not a dealbreaker but seeing a random crit is just part of the game (atleast for me). I just wonder if for instance you get people into the server, if having no random crits could deter others from joining the server.

How many people do you think play? Like, I play with a group and the server is empty probably 95% of the time, but then someone will just make an event saying Let's Play!!! and just inviting everyone possible from the group to the match and it fills up. And sometimes just doing fun events instead! Like one event being 1 vs All with the 1 person having only crits and 20k hp, person who gets the final blow gets to be the 1 person in the next round.

You get off Eve and play TF2!!!! I play a good bit of TF2, a good often haha

I mean the biggest way we typically get people to play, is by inviting to game via steam, almost always someone goes "Hey Alkron, join up?" or something like that and I'll be there in a moments notice, but by inviting people to the game via chat gets people going a lot more often then just an announcement. I'll have to swing by Friday nights though then!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zulu2
Guardian

Hey theta. Its been a while. I play from time to time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

Hey Zulu2!! It has been a while! I'll have to catch you around sometime then!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Goldfish-Boy
Guardian

Welcome back!!! :D :D :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Theta
Clan Member

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Jarred
Guardian Elder

If you enjoy TF2 and have some experience, you should play some 6v6. It's way more enjoyable than pubbing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
13 posts Page 1 of 1