Crits Crits Crits!

Discussion for Team Fortress 2
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Disable Crits?

55%
Yes
45%
No

Total votes: 11

Topic author
}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member

What are your guy's views on crits? Do you hate them as much as I do? Do you think disabling them is a good idea, or would you hunt me to the ends of the earth if I did that? Go ahead and vote! :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

What are crits?

I have been playing a lot of TF2 in the last week or two but I have no idea what crits is. :/ Been playing by my self 30 min. to a hour a day but no one plays in the server I just run around like a fool. :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Arrow
Clan Council

}SoC{Unity8 wrote:
What are crits?

I have been playing a lot of TF2 in the last week or two but I have no idea what crits is. :/ Been playing by my self 30 min. to a hour a day but no one plays in the server I just run around like a fool. :(
Crits are Critical hits, basically your will sometimes do extra damage and when you do you shots will glow either red or blue depending on what team you are on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member

Nothing better than having your entire team get ambushed by a Kritzed pyro. though i have to admit killing someone with a reflected crit rocket can be very satisfying :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

I'm pretty sure this is only about the random crits. Currently TF2 does not have a cvar to disable ALL crits without a plugin. This would only disable those pesky random ones that always get you right before you're about to kill that Heavy...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Shiiben
Teamspeak Admin

Random critical hits are great for casual pubs. They let players whose skill level isn't as high have a chance to effect the flow of the game. If you want to have the server service players a bit higher skill level, removing random critical hits is an option. The good side of removing them is how often will you notice someone whining about the server having random crits off? Earned crits/mini-crits obviously shouldn't be disabled. If a medic spends the half a minute charging Kritzkreig, he deserves to give out that few seconds of guaranteed crits.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Goldfish-Boy
Guardian

I wuv crits. :lovecc:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links