*IMPORTANT, READ* BRANCH ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Discussion for Team Fortress 2
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member

Greetings, SoC TF2 players, I would like to let you know the battlesquad and PUG for TF2 will no longer be happening, at least for now.

This is because our branch is dying. Don't deny it. It's not any specific person's fault, but it's our problem altogether. This branch is supposed to be a ministry, an opportunity to outreach and tell others of Christ. When our public server is empty all the time, we are failing hard at this. I've been not working at this as hard as I should have, and I intend on changing this. But we need a large, active community for this. I can't do it alone, so we must all work together to have a TF2 branch.

This help this I intend on having TF2 server nights every night, starting around 6:00 or 8:00 P.M. EST. Once a week isn't enough to do this. And we don't need a branch leader to pop an announcement to get our server going. Intend on playing TF2? Maybe grab some buddies, ask others to join in, and hop on the server. If our server has people constantly playing, that's all the more reason for other players to join our server.

I understand some of you may be upset by my decision to halt the squad and PUG for now, I feel it's in the best interest of the branch. If and when we have a active branch, it might be time for those smaller, SoC only activities to return. But until then, we MUST focus on playing together on our public server and giving people reasons to see what SoC is.

Thanks, and post any questions here (especially if I failed at making this post make sense, tell me :P).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kyle
Teamspeak Admin

Although the battlesquad would have been fun, I have to agree with your decision. I myself had gotten too hyped up about competitive TF2 that I had forgotten the reason this branch is here in the first place, to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

}SoC{Kyle wrote:
Although the battlesquad would have been fun, I have to agree with your decision. I myself had gotten too hyped up about competitive TF2 that I had forgotten the reason this branch is here in the first place, to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I think that a lot of people got hyped up about competitive. I think that this might be one of the turn-offs for our clan members to play in the server, because we see a lot of our clan members playing in a different server.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sumguy
Guardian

Good thinking Kaz. Though I am saddened the loss of battle-squad as well, it is indeed necessary to first have an active and healthy branch, and such should therefore be our first priority.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member

no more PUGS? :( though now that you mention it this branch is pretty inactive at times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
5 posts Page 1 of 1