MOW?

Discussion for Team Fortress 2
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Laddy
Reserve Council

on Teamfortress Two? I think that would be a fun idea to have a members only weekend.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Jarred
Guardian Elder

i could be wrong but i dont think there are that many that play very much so it would make a locked server rather lonely. i would suggest supporting the friday night pugs if your interested in members only stuff.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member

A MOW would be interesting, but I'm not sure that we have enough players to fill a locked server. 24 people is quite a lot, since we don't have that many actively playing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member

would be interesting but can't even get 12 players to log on for pug :/
Last edited by }SoC{mtl171 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kyle
Teamspeak Admin

^ PUG, not PUB. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

I don't know, except for certain times, I think he nailed it :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member

}SoC{Kyle wrote:
^ PUG, not PUB. :)
changed xD
}SoC{Lazer wrote:
I don't know, except for certain times, I think he nailed it :P

a couple times. but most of the times its just people running across the map and killing each other. maybe we could do with less people.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WiFiDi
Old Applicant

not being a member and all, i still think it wouldn't be a bad idea. however this is the problem i foresee. it doesn't do anything to promote your server the last time i saw your server with more than 2 people on it was a very very long time ago. now sure i suppose it'd be fun for all you members but after the weekend your server would be empty. (this is both a blessing and a curse) (correct me if im wrong but from what i gather your server is never even close to full.) what maps do you play because if you play turbine or 2fort it tends to turn into deathmatch.

a better idea. pick an approximate time for everyone to be on once a week that way your server will be full some of the time, allowing it to maybe just maybe gain some popularity.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member

WiFiDi wrote:
a better idea. pick an approximate time for everyone to be on once a week that way your server will be full some of the time, allowing it to maybe just maybe gain some popularity.
We've been trying that off and on, and it occasionally works. Though I'd love if it got full more often.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member

WiFiDi wrote:
the last time i saw your server with more than 2 people on it was a very very long time ago. now sure i suppose it'd be fun for all you members but after the weekend your server would be empty. (this is both a blessing and a curse) (correct me if im wrong but from what i gather your server is never even close to full.) what maps do you play because if you play turbine or 2fort it tends to turn into deathmatch.

most of the time its empty though on friday(pug night) get around 5 people. once we had 14 but that was a while ago. as for maps we normally play on bad lands, granary or gravelpit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member

WiFiDi wrote:
the last time i saw your server with more than 2 people on it was a very very long time ago. now sure i suppose it'd be fun for all you members but after the weekend your server would be empty. (this is both a blessing and a curse) (correct me if im wrong but from what i gather your server is never even close to full.) what maps do you play because if you play turbine or 2fort it tends to turn into deathmatch.

most of the time its empty though on friday(pug night) get around 5 people. once we had 14 but that was a while ago. as for maps we normally play on bad lands, granary or gravelpit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
11 posts Page 1 of 1