There's an update comin!

Discussion for Team Fortress 2
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
22 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Goldfish-Boy
Guardian
Posts: 1315
Joined: 10 years ago



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: 10 years ago


wat

So, the owners of RED and BLU are over one-hundred years old due to a life-extension machine built by the engineer's grandfather, and Saxton Hale inherited Mann Co. from his grandfather who inherited it from his boss who died and gave land to his sons, the owners of RED and BLU?

lol

wat

Please, Valve, don't try and add story to TF2.

Ever.

D:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Pieman
Clan Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 8 years ago


The first unlock has been revealed, along with info on how to get a golden wrench. http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4026&p=1 I quite like the new shotgun, it seems like it'll be really useful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Crumpt
Clan Member
Posts: 2713
Joined: 13 years ago


crit all day, sounds balanced to me

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: 10 years ago


"Does not get random crits."

I thought we learned how great of a balencer this is (remember the Blutsauger or however you spell it?) Lack of crits does NOT make it on par with the regular shotgun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


well officially its coming out on thursday but valve has already posted some info.
http://www.tf2.com/post.php?id=4026&p=1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


oh wow. valve actually released something close to my digiwrench idea. The Wrangler: engie can take control and aim sentry, can also create shield asorbing 66% damage AND double firing rate and slight faster missile launch. but no more auto targeting and deactive for 3 seconds after switching away from the wrangler.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: 10 years ago


It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{General-Gouda
Guardian Elder
Posts: 1521
Joined: 10 years ago


}SoC{Kaz wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
Indeed.

This forum thread seems to show how powerful this weapon could be.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... 248&page=2

What wasn't explained with the Wrangler is WHERE the engineer needs to be when he using this gun. Is this something that needs to be used within line of sight or can it be used around corners/through walls?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


well i guess it'll make it harder to get rid of sappers and repair your sentry. very vulnerable. though on the bright side it makes the new shotgun useless. can use all those manual kill crits. personally i feel it would be more fair if the engie had a device which lets him tag targets. beware of the engie sniper! epic spy checking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: 10 years ago


}SoC{mtl171 wrote:
well i guess it'll make it harder to get rid of sappers and repair your sentry. very vulnerable. though on the bright side it makes the new shotgun useless. can use all those manual kill crits. personally i feel it would be more fair if the engie had a device which lets him tag targets. beware of the engie sniper! epic spy checking.
What would tagging targets do? It also hasn't said for the shotgun whether or not the crits are used up in a certain amount of time, or you have them until you shoot. So this could very well allow you to farm up some crits. Plus, a buddy engineer can still take care of sappers and the odd spy that gets through (which is difficult because a fairly competent team can spot spies easily.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


}SoC{Kaz wrote:
}SoC{mtl171 wrote:
well i guess it'll make it harder to get rid of sappers and repair your sentry. very vulnerable. though on the bright side it makes the new shotgun useless. can use all those manual kill crits. personally i feel it would be more fair if the engie had a device which lets him tag targets. beware of the engie sniper! epic spy checking.
What would tagging targets do? It also hasn't said for the shotgun whether or not the crits are used up in a certain amount of time, or you have them until you shoot. So this could very well allow you to farm up some crits. Plus, a buddy engineer can still take care of sappers and the odd spy that gets through (which is difficult because a fairly competent team can spot spies easily.)
tagging targets as in after you marked someone with your shotgun, your sentry will continue to fire at them until they're dead or out of range. a lethal mix would definitely be 2 engies one with the frontier justice and the other with the wrangler

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Pieman
Clan Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 8 years ago


I'm curious as to how close you need to be in order to use the Wrangler.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blind1
Guardian Elder
Posts: 780
Joined: 12 years ago


Valve: We play test daily; we just didn't think to play test THAT.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council
Posts: 2342
Joined: 11 years ago


Which one are you referring to Robert? :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Goldfish-Boy
Guardian
Posts: 1315
Joined: 10 years ago


I love the Wrangler!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


}SoC{GoldFish-Boy wrote:
I love the Wrangler!
eh. if you know how to use it effectively(not spam). was playing on server the other day filled with newb engies. 3 wrangler engies with level 3 sentries couldn't hit a burning spy six times in a row. oh and they decided not to make dispensers so they couldn't fix their sentries. also accused me of stealing metal even though i spent a whole lot of time helping them spy check and killing all the spys for them. in some cases its just better to the game do the aiming for you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Goldfish-Boy
Guardian
Posts: 1315
Joined: 10 years ago


Wrangler + Mini Sentry = Epic win.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


}SoC{GoldFish-Boy wrote:
Wrangler + Mini Sentry = Epic win.
mini sentry rapid fire + demo/soldier resistant = rofl

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kaz
Clan Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: 10 years ago


I personally find the Wrangled level 3 sentries INSANE. It takes 8 rockets or 7 stickies to take one down, so unless you can kill the engie or you team up with several people, it's not going down. I'd like to get the unlocks eventually and see how they turn out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{mtl171
Clan Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 9 years ago


}SoC{Kaz wrote:
I personally find the Wrangled level 3 sentries INSANE. It takes 8 rockets or 7 stickies to take one down, so unless you can kill the engie or you team up with several people, it's not going down. I'd like to get the unlocks eventually and see how they turn out.
true. though most engies have a hard time aiming. you burn through ammo really quickly and rockets are hard to aim. basically the only way to tell that your hitting hem is if you enabled the damage counter. though remember when the engie is wrangling they don't spycheck ;) as for taking out the engie just go sniper or scout.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{General-Gouda
Guardian Elder
Posts: 1521
Joined: 10 years ago


The Scottish Resistance got a bit of a buff. You can now see its stickies outline through walls similar to how the payload bomb cart is outlined. I'm happy about that!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
22 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests