SC2 branch dead? I say no!

Discussion of all things related to the Starcraft game series. Battlenet Forum Thread

Moderators: }SoC{KIdD, }SoC{GLO

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{monkeymedic
Clan Member

Hi, monkeymedic here, Im a gold lvl starcraft going into masters, who is on sc2 ALOT. I love sc2 and am tired of coming to our forums section and seeing it dead. SC2 has the most potential for events, multi-member play togethers, but we just need people. I've heard that we cant have a clan on SC2, but i want confirmation through a link, and will continue to research it. We could do arcade games, 2v2's, in clan tourneys. So i will work on that and hope to get attention and help push it along. Btw Protoss is the best races. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{monkeymedic
Clan Member

By saying, going into masters, i mean its my goal to become masters. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ortick
Guardian

I say this ALOT but another clan V. clan thing would be cool. Also I agree with you I wish the sc2 forums were more active but idk really how to achieve that.
Edit : this was really not constructive my main goal of this was re-iterating another clan V. clan event would be awesome :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{MadCat
Clan Member

I've heard from people that Blizzard does not allow religious reference but I too have never seen the actual thing posted anywhere...however after a bit of research I think that specific words were banned so they can't even be inputted.....
So basically if we did make a clan it would have to be by a different name and could not have any words relating to Christianity.

I have some friends IRL who made a clan that I'm in just because we don't have one so I've been inviting people from here to it also.

I also support clan wars :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

}SoC{MadCat wrote:
I've heard from people that Blizzard does not allow religious reference but I too have never seen the actual thing posted anywhere...however after a bit of research I think that specific words were banned so they can't even be inputted...
I know that in the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (TOU) and naming policy they do not allow any name - character, clan, etc - to be after a religious figure or deity. I'm going to assume this pertains to all Blizzard games even though their legal documentation from the other games, SC2 included, doesn't seem to address it.
Inappropriate
This category includes both clear and masked names which:

Are mildly inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions
Are references to illegal drugs or activities
Have racial/ethnic/national connotations
Have any connotations of major religions or religious figures (e.g. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha)
Include names of World of Warcraft realms, zones, or names of major characters from Warcraft lore
Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/naming-policy
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

That said, if it's an issue and you all want to get the clan active would it possibly be productive (to at least see) to contact Blizzard via customer service or another avenue?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Trinityxs

This is the information that is appropriate to publish the full details.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

THIS IS TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED
ABORT, RETRY?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: