New to Starcraft

Discussion of all things related to the Starcraft game series. Battlenet Forum Thread

Moderators: }SoC{KIdD, }SoC{GLO

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{OCULA
Clan Member

I picked up the Starcraft battle chest. I have never played an RTS before I'm used to FPS, And 3rd Person games. I can't say I'm into it yet. I'm not sure whats is about with starcraft. Maybe cause I'm just new to it I don't know. What's your views on Starcraft?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Slagathor
Clan Member

Starcraft,1 and 2, is probably one of the best RTS games ever. It may not be the best one to get into the RTS genre with, because it more complicated than others. Most RTS game everyone has the same units, same buildings, same tech, etc. I.E. Age of Empires. Starcraft has 3 races to choose and those 3 races have different buildings, units, and tech, so your strategy has to take in account who you are facing and what are they building and how to you counter that and push into there base at the same time. Where as in Age of Empires or Red Alert or C&C, you and your opponent has the same stuff so its more about having more units than your opponent and just attacking at certain times.

That's my take on it. Obviously there is way more to it, but I think that is one of the key things that make Starcraft great.

I would recommend playing another RTS to better compare Starcraft too.

If your new to RTS I would say play some of the classics:

Warcraft 2
Age of Empires 1
Red Alert 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{GLO
Branch Leader

okay its a bit harder then the other RTS but it hase a realy nice singeplayer and some great custom maps to

srry that i din't respond faster i read the topic but forgot to replay ^^

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{OCULA
Clan Member

I actually have the C&C collection set. But I don't know whic hone to start out with there are so many choices and I have the 3rd one too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Slagathor
Clan Member

Does your C&C have red alert? Thats a good one to start or maybe Tiberian Sun...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{OCULA
Clan Member

I think so. But I would like to understand the C&C story too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
6 posts Page 1 of 1