got a few Qs

Discussion of all things related to the Starcraft game series. Battlenet Forum Thread

Moderators: }SoC{KIdD, }SoC{GLO

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{slayer
Clan Member

i just recently started starcraft again after watching some youtubes videos. i tried it before but after coming from much more high graphic and intense games to somthing like starcraft i kinda laughed at it and didnt give it a chance. but im actually finding out it is a pretty fun game, and from what ive watched on youtube mutliplayer is awesome. but i want to find out if its worth investing money into, to play it online. its a old game and i dont want to end up buying and finding out than the online community is a bunch of immature little kids or it doesnt even exists.

i also know that starcraft2 is coming out and i have seen the beta version for it and it looks pretty awesome. im thinking if my computer can handle it i might get it. if anybody knows what the specs for starcraft2 is?

on a side note. whats your fav faction
mine is terran because i got a nice variety of every type of unit. i can play protoss pretty well but im not nuts about them. and the zerg are just to confusing to figure out

it seems that in the late game protoss are immensely over powered.

whats the best air vechicle for the terran besides the battle crusiser.

are nukes worth using?

whats the ideal amount of probes svc and whatever the zerg things are called to have. i normally stop around 25

is there a way to make it so in single player i can have a AI ally vs AIs.

whats better a few Goliath or alot of marines. i normally go for the marines so i can use the vespene for my tanks.

how do you use ghosts. i have no idea how to use them lol.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

Protoss is my best and Favorite.
}SoC{slayer wrote:
it seems that in the late game protoss are immensely over powered.
Protoss is a late game super power, they start out a bit slow but become nearly invincible. In other words, take them out as fast as possible.
}SoC{slayer wrote:
whats the ideal amount of probes svc and whatever the zerg things are called to have. i normally stop around 25
I usually have about 30 probes/scv's/drones grabbing mins and 6 grabbing gas. But for advancing on another base control I add another 3 to each gas geyser and another 5-10 for minerals.
}SoC{slayer wrote:
whats the best air vechicle for the terran besides the battle crusiser.
Mass Valks. cloaking capability is a win. Nothing it more depressing than a massive invisible force taking out your workers.
}SoC{slayer wrote:
are nukes worth using?
Only if you go strait for it from the first minute. Though using one or two against human payers can cripple morale. Plus you need an epic deffense to ast the whole game. Ghosts are used to launch your nukes. Recomended that you use groups of 2 and you'll need more than 4 nuke silos. I recomend about 8+ nuclear silos. You shoud also upgrade them at the science facility they can cloak, shoot farther, more energy for cloaking.

As for everything else, everyone has there own strategies and not that many play the same.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{slayer
Clan Member

i like the shields protoss gets.

any hints or tips for a noob

whats the strategy you use with protoss. the biggest problem i have with them is getting a big enough army early on. and i never use the templars.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

First always buid probes. ALWAYS, unitl I hit my limit of 30-40 probes. Buid a pylon then build a forge. Bunker in go strait air, and rock the carriers and scouts, or go ground and rock the mass zealots and dark templars.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{slayer
Clan Member

is it worth investing in starcraft or should i wait for 2 to come out

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

The battle chest for StarCraft is only $20. It has Starcraft and Starcraft Broodwars (The expantion) For $20 it's worth it. Right now SC2 is still on the beta testing until it is basically released later in the year. Though I would actually recomend getting it if you are interested in SC2 that way you'll at least know the basic gameplay of Starcraft.

But that is my own opinion. If you want a second opinion I would try to catch someone else.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{slayer
Clan Member

i have starcraft 1 and broodwars... but cant play online. i was just wondreing if the mutiplayer for starcraft1 is still alive. because that would be the whole reason of buying it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

Yes, the multiplayers is still VERY MUCH alive and well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{slayer
Clan Member

awesome i might consider buying it. basically what i need is a valid cd key. could i buy it off the internet or somthing, would it be cheaper?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

You can look around Amazon has used at $13 something but remember you also have to add in the shipping wich sometimes it's not really worth it when you can just go to the local Walmart or computer store.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{slayer
Clan Member

yeah but are there places that just sell the cd key. i dont need the game just the cd key.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
11 posts Page 1 of 1