Chaos Launcher

Discussion of all things related to the Starcraft game series. Battlenet Forum Thread

Moderators: }SoC{KIdD, }SoC{GLO

2 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Soroy
Guardian

Chaos launcher is basically a Starcraft add-on. It has many features, such as a clock for how long the game has been going on, a clock for what time it is (you can set it to the timezone you're in) and an APM tracker (actions per minute). It also has a latency changer, which is useless unless everyone you are playing with has chaos launcher. It also has Starcraft window mode, and a little more. To download it, go here and click on the "current Chaoslauncher" under the downloads. Then open up the Chaos launcher, turn on what you want for it (probably "APMalert(1.16.1)" and "RepFix") then press start and it will load Starcraft with the checked off things turned on. The APM alert will have an APM tracker appear at the top left by default (you can change its position) and tell you your current actions per minute, a game clock which tells you how long the game that you are currently in has been going (located at the top center), and a clock for what time it is where you are (bottom left, above mini-map). To change the positions of the APM tracker, game clock, or clock, go to the Chaoslauncher and select APMalert(1.16.1), click on config (middle near bottom) and go to live APM for the APM trackers postion, game clock for the game clock's postion, and local clock for the clock's position. The coordinates work like a graph, x being the horizontal value from the left and y being the vertical value from the top. Also in the config screen, you can check on and off the boxes to turn off any of the three add-ons (APM tracker, game clock, clock).

If you run Starcraft by the shortcut you have instead of pressing "start" on the Chaoslauncher window, nothing will be changed and Starcraft will just run as it does normally. You MUST press "start" on Chaoslauncher to have the extra things turned on.

Another feature of the APMalert is that when you have 1 or less buildings and units combined, it will show your APM as well as everyone else's.

**IMPORTANT** The latency changer should be ignored and unchecked for now, as should the grey-colored options with the red shields next to them.

**NOTE** at the bottom of Chaoslauncher, there is an option "update", use this option every time that Starcraft has a new patch and you need to download something from Starcraft.

**NOTE #2** If you cannot get Chaoslauncher running with Starcraft, just use normal Starcraft until someone can help and get it running.

Sometimes when running Chaoslauncher and going to battlenet, it will tell you that it cannot read your key or something or that there is a virus on your computer. This does NOT mean Chaoslauncher is a virus, it just means that you turn on some thing in Chaoslauncher that is incompatible, and should be un-checked before starting Starcraft again. If you only check off APM alert and RepFIx for now, that should never happen, and keep LatencyChanger off for now.

Most of the newer Starcraft players will not find Chaos launcher very important, and so will some of the other Starcraft players. If this is the case, you don't have to download Chaoslauncher, even though I recommend it so eventually we all can use the latency changer and GET RID OF LAG :D (if you put #LL at the end of a game name, it enables the latency changer - so soc//soc wouldn't work, you'd have to use soc#LL//soc for the latency changer to work) . To some other players (like me :P ) it is nice to see your APM or be able to see a clock while you play (so you don't go overtime) and to see how long the game has been going (to time out rushes and be prepared for some other rushes).

If you have any questions, Xfire me (yorosmai is my xfire) or talk to me on Starcraft or in Teamspeak.
Last edited by }SoC{Soroy on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{MadCat
Clan Member

Thanks Soroy, this will be helpful for me!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
2 posts Page 1 of 1