opinions?

Discussion of all things related to the Starcraft game series. Battlenet Forum Thread

Moderators: }SoC{KIdD, }SoC{GLO

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Soroy
Guardian

I'm thinking about posting a list of all the zerg strategies I can think of, then later doing some terran and protoss. How many people would like me to? Also if so, should I do terran strats then protoss or protoss then terran?
Hopefully these would help both people who are good, average, and people who are just starting, the good people in SoC are usually eager to learn more strategies or find a strategy that would own everything, as well as know most if not all the abbreviations. :P The just starting people could also learn some strategies, although with some of the abbreviations I might add a key at the bottom (I'm used to the SC abbreviations by now, but I'm not sure everyone in SoC is). The average people would also probably benefit from some more strategies, and would probably know most of the abbreviations.

NOTE: these will be on non-money maps (bgh IS considered a money map in my opinion), but on iCCup maps (international cyber cup) which is what the Korean pros play on :P (who, I have to admit, are nerds at SC :P , and I'm not meaning to be racist or anything, the Koreans are just good...)
The reason I'm not doing them on money maps or bgh is because there are so many strategies I have seen on those that it would take forever to type up :shock: and people can always make new ones that work :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{KIdD
Branch Leader

That sounds like a good idea. People that play starcraft play at night so people that just bought the game might have trouble learning the moves or just grasping some of the concepts of the game. And obviously people that play a lot would be willing to take a few tips here and there in order for them to dominate. ;)

So my opinion is go for it and see how it turns out then you can see if people are wanting to know tips of protoss and terran.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Swarm
Guardian Elder

I say go for it too!

But, I ofcourse would like to see strategies for the money maps because that seems to be used the most in pvp matches (BGH and Fastest mostly).

Swarm

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Soroy
Guardian

I could type up some fastest and bgh strats too, but theres so many that work... and most of the time testing these I'm just playing against comps :P so its not really too good of a test... Alot of the time people somehow wall in at their bridge, with command centers or nexuses (nexi?) and then get some range thing behind that. Zerg can get lurkers by the time or the toss/terran rush at the start, which is what I try to do. Terran can go mass gols, toss can go mass carriers, scouts, reavers, zealots and good, etc... those are just some of the strats that come to mind right now.
I don't hate fastest or bgh strats, its just the amount of them that I can't say alot of em... but I will be happy to go over some on an actual game if anyone wants me to :D

I will be working on typing up the zerg strats...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Soroy
Guardian

also, should I just post the strats I have so far and just edit it or wait till I have all the ones I can think of? :shock:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tri
Clan Member

i say if luke wants to give out all his strategies he uses... fine by me lol
and itl be good to learn from one of the best/fastest ive played with (not saying hes better than me.... well ok... <.< )

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Soroy
Guardian

At the Korean pro level (again, not meaning to be racist) they have a lot of build orders, and yes some new ones come out every now and then, but most of them are already created. By then its just trying to pull off build orders, and of course then scouting becomes everything. They don't make up new strategies on the spot, they make them up very rarely and then practice and see what counters them, and if it is a good strategy then they use it. So telling everyone what strategies I use doesn't really do too much, its just if they know how to counter and if they scout the strategy.

Also, thats the thing about fastest, people can make all these crazy strategies and then its what counters those units and just use those...

And thanks for the compliment, Tri :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Swarm
Guardian Elder

Well, how is the list coming?

And, I want to play with you more so I can see more of the mad skilz.

Are you better than your brother?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Soroy
Guardian

idk... last time I played Craig was pretty long ago, and I lost... considering he doesn't play anymore though, I think I might be better :P

I'm still working on typing up all the strats I can think of (I also need to find out timings of things, like what drone you send out for the hatchery, when you scout, what one makes a den... etc)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
9 posts Page 1 of 1