Hey Everyone, I know this is a lot to read, but check it out.
I just wanted to remind us why SoC is here. We are called to do two things; love God, and fish for men.
[bible=Matthew 28:19-20]19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,[a] baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.â€[/bible]
We need to step it up in our out reach, we need to start challenging people on XBL. It is easy for us to just get on and play together, but we are here for a reason; and God has provided us with a medium of which to share the Gospel. So, what are some ways we can do this?
Check out these topics, there is good information there.
Your Testimony - In discussing faith, be personal about it. Show interest, show compassion and humor. And share about what Jesus has done, or is doing in YOUR life. Don't just talk about apologetic points of theology. The Gospel is not mere ideology. It is a relationship. If you relate to the Gospel in a personal way, it will be easier to avoid the barriers of judgment.
Dos and Don'ts - Just some useful information.
1. First off, be different. We are striving to be Christian, or Christ-like, so be patient, be kind, and show grace.
2. Commonly, when we ask teammates or opponents to stop cursing, they act in two ways: They apologize and stop, or they rebuke and continue. Those are two opportunities to share your faith. If that person stops, that is an opportunity to say thanks and say WHY we don't curse. If the person continues, that is an opportunity to show patience and grace.
3. Normally, we play with at least one other SoC or friend. Encourage each other to share and use teamwork to accomplish such goals. We can use the tactics used in the past on Halo PC servers, such as have an SoC without tags in his or her GT (we have a few) simply ask what SoC stands for or ask if anyone believes in God. That swings the door wide open for us to share our faith. We can pretend that our friend doesn't know this (even if he or she is in the same party, which is evident with the last Halo 3 Update).
4. When you enter a game by yourself, remember that the Holy Spirit can speak through you, so even if you don't know what you say, God does. And that takes some pressure off in spreading the Word.
5. If by God's grace, you do lead someone to Christ, bring them here and then we will automatically start training them to spread the Word so that he or she might be a fisher of men.
6. Also, don't think that you have to lead someone to Christ in one sitting. That it is a "deal or no deal" situation. You don't have to dismantle everything they believe in as if this is your only opportunity. We are just planting seeds. Try to get a sense of what they believe in, and it will help if you identify key parts of the Gospel that maybe you can get them thinking about. And, of course, the Holy Spirit will speak through you to his or her heart, and you will say exactly what he or she needs to hear.
Remember, we are all TRAINERS. Love God, and fish for men. If someone doesn't know God, share the Gospel with them, then, train them to share the Gospel. This is how we can increase our body 100, or 60, and 30 fold!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest