New Years Eve Race to 1,000 Kills

The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
32 posts Page 1 of 1

Which map?

Poll ended at 7 years ago

No votes
Chillout
No votes
Wizard
38%
Chiron TL34
50%
Battle Creek
13%
Damnation
No votes
Rat Race
No votes
Prisoner
No votes
Longest

Total votes: 8

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Okay guys, here's all the info I have so far.

The event is a competition to see who can get 1,000 kills first. More information below:

Time: 9:00 PM EST - Password will be released one hour before then so you can warm up. The map will be restarted when it is time to start.
Server: It will be hosted on Server A. The IP can be found in Members Only. If you wish to join us and you are not a Clan Member, you can find our server in the server list towards the end beginning with "}SoC{ Christian Server"
Password: event
Map: Battle Creek
Method of killing: Shotguns and grenades

Please remember while playing that all of our rules apply to this event.

The map has been modified so that the Oddball in impossible to reach. There will not be an end to the game until somebody reaches 1,000 kills.

Feel free to hop into the Halo channel on Teamspeak!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

Um.... Christmas Eve...... Do you mean new years eve? o.0

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Jaeger
Clan Member

Maybe he means Orthodox Christmas -- much of the Eastern church never updated to the Gregorian calendar and so they end up celebrating Christmas on January 7 because the Julian calendar is 13 days behind (and counting).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Lol, it's been a long crazy week. Fix'd!

Also, you guys haven't voted yet. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

I could of have pushed some buttons to fix it but I thought I would let you have all of the fun fixing it your self. :)

Anyhow I have yet to vote becouse I am not sure if I will be making it or not.... I will let the people who will be making it vote first. :P

I do hope to make it though. Is there a set time for this to happen?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

I am thinking about 9:00 PM EST so that it can hopefully be over by midnight.

And since only two people have voted, you're more than welcome to cast your vote. I've decided to edit the map to make it easier to prevent people from accidentally getting the Oddball, so everybody vote so that I know which map to edit!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

I should be able to make it! :D My new laptop can actually play games nicely and I should be somewhere with decent Internet so I shouldn't lag, either ^.^
My vote should count infinite times...

And yes. That means I finally get to play with more than 10-30 random fps and 100-300 random ping.. first time.. ever :O

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

I'm running the poll for one more hour. After that, I'm going to modify the map so that we don't have to worry about something getting in the way.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

If we do Chiron I will rage so hard -.-

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Poll is now closed for voting.

The event is open to any and all players that wish to join. The password will be posted one hour before the event. You are welcome to join the server and start warming up. When the event starts, the map will be reloaded upon which the race has begun!

Good luck to everybody involved! I will post results in a new topic once it's concluded! :)

P.S.
If people could take screenshots it will help since I don't know if I'll have to drop out mid-way through it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

I love whoever switched their vote from Chiron to Battle Creek. Seriously. You don't even know O.o

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

I changed my vote. I voted for Chiron because it had more votes at the time, but I like both maps equally.

Map: Battle Creek
Gamemode: Race to 1,000 Kills
Weapons: Shotguns and grenades

Password will be posted in 1 hour for you guys to start warming up. Get your gameface on! :tounge:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

RawR. First time I've played in foreveer. I just need to find a board or something to put on my lap to put my computer on. All the tables got taken over :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Original post updated with most recent information

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Password has been posted! Get in there and start practicing and getting the rust off!

I'll reset the map in 1 hour, and once it's reset, it's go time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Event is starting now! Don't be late, we won't wait!

Hehe, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

After 1 hour and 15 minutes of utter chaos and several people having to leave, we decided to call it quits once Tali hit 300 kills. Since I was out of the game at that point, Tali took the most epic screenshot ever, but alas, Halo being Halo took a picture of a black screen so we have no final screenshot.

I took some a little before halfway into the slaughter, so I will post them when I can!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

It was a pretty epic screenshot too. I was in the middle of a melee with a grenade in my face while holding f1 to have the score screen up and pushing print screen. Most epic moment of the whole game, for sure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

B-Rye

as much as I hate to admit it (because halo is so ancient) this does sound like alot of fun :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{MadCat
Clan Member

I left after I reached 100 deaths. Sneaky killed me the 100th time. I had over 50 kills so I was happy XD.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

I forgot all about this.... :0

How many peeps showed up?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

I think at one point we had 8+ people on the server. Since somebody requested it last minute there wasn't much advance notice. However, I'm thinking about doing another event soon... >:)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

We should do another one some time. I am getting back into halo and have no lag playing in 800X600. :) Head strong to take you on. :o

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{1-Bar
Guardian Elder

Plan well ahead this time and have plenty of advertisement. Spontaneous games are fun but tend to leave people out. We need a full-on clan halo event this next time. Just wish the server or game could support more than 16…

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

That means if, as I heard before, we wish to have another event at the beginning of next month, it should start getting some advertisement as to what it will be (or voting / brainstorming).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

^ Yep so here is what will be going down.... Map, not yet know. Teams, everyone vs you. :P

Anyway... I am not sure just how many people still play halo but even if we have only 5 people I am sure we will still have a blast. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

^ In that case, it has to be done on midnight, Saturday (I have no lag). BG, pistols/snipers, no grenades / vehicles ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{1-Bar
Guardian Elder

Midnight is baaaaaaaad. Course any time Saturday is bad if I wish to talk to you guys (unless it was my cable all this time, which has been replace, we'll see). BG (fine), pistols/snipes (eh....ok), (yes) grenades (have to be able to kill the Mikes somehow....), (no) vehicles. RvB or Slayer is fine. And just for the sake of throwing everyone off, active camo? I miss servers that did that....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

It would never be midnight (it might last to midnight, if people are still on and feel like playing). Maps would probably be voted on, a pistols/snipers match probably wouldn't happen, since the events aren't usually just normal games, grenades are probably going to be there, vehicles may be there depending on the event, game type may be a normal one or have to be fiddled with to get it to what we need (like making the oddball spawn off the map and setting an infinite time for the race to 1000 kills). Active camo is more frustrating to most people after the first few minutes than anything.

I was making my response to Mike (Unity) saying all vs. me :P I thought I heard Mike (Lazer) say something about zombies if he could figure out the coding, but I'm not sure on that :O

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{MadCat
Clan Member

I'm fine with just about anything because I am bad at everything. If I know about an event and its possible, I will definitely go!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

I miss the good old days with all of the old school halo players. :( But I would love to see what the new school has to offer.

I

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{1-Bar
Guardian Elder

}SoC{Tali wrote:
blah blah blah....

IMPORTANT STUFFS: I thought I heard Mike (Lazer) say something about zombies if he could figure out the coding, but I'm not sure on that :O
:O I'll be prayin for ya LazerMike XD I haven't played zombies in a while because all the good servers have been taken over by people who can't follow established rules.

UnityMike, I'm not old school enough for ya? :P I've been playing Halo since it came out AND I'm still horrible XD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
32 posts Page 1 of 1