Wow, long time eh?

The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
Wannabestig
Old Applicant

This is Steven, formerly )SoC(Grunty or some such stuff that I have forgotten. I was browsing through my wayy old computer and found this was my homepage so I thought I'd drop by and see you all. My current gaming computer has crashed so I'm using my dads, though it's pretty much limited to CS 1.6. Still saving up for a new computer.

Just curious, can my dad's computer run Halo PC, I've the thought it's too bogged down by all the anti-spyware stuff he has.

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2799 Mhz
2 logical processors
1 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Unsupported
SSE42: Unsupported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Windows XP (32 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512

DirectX Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.11.9562
DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.11.9562
Driver Date: 21 Nov 2009
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x625
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Desktop Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Primary Display Size: 14.25" x 11.42" (18.23" diag)
36.2cm x 29.0cm (46.3cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM: 512 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Plantronics Headset

Memory:
RAM: 2047 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Microphone: Not set
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 1621554 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 606821 Mb
Steam Hard Disk Usage: 1602 Mb
OS Install Date: Nov 27 2006
Game Controller: None detected

Oh, also for a new gaming computer, what should I be shooting for? More RAM obviously...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Grunty! I remember seeing you around before!

However, I don't think we ever really talked. I don't know much about whether you could run it or not, but it's good to see you!

Talk to a GE to get your old account back, then hop on TS and join us! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Halo won't have any problems running on that setup.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{MsPngn
Clan Member

I remember you.
But the question is, do you remember me?
I'm pretty sure I didn't have my tags back when I remember you on here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

Welcome back Grunty!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Wannabestig
Old Applicant

I vaguely recall some of you, and some things I'd rather not remember. (Like swearing and cursing a lot of you, ect...) But time has passed, and there's not but a thing I can do about it.

The dirt has really hit the revolving metal blades over the past couple of weeks... I got rear-ended and my car is trashed. Still drive-able, but with a bent frame, and is utterly worthless. I hate dealing with the insurance companies. They're only going to give me about 50% of what I still owe on the car too, which is lame. My parents said I could file a personal injury claim and just maybe break even or come out a little bit on top. I'd feel like a jerk, but after multiple visits to the chiro my head and neck still hurt. That also contributed to what happened about a week later.

I got let go from my job. My ill mood and performance as a result of the crash (when you've got a massive headache and can barely hold your head up because your neck hurts you tend not to be very happy about pushing carts) cost me my job. They said they'd give me a good reference for the year or so I was a good employee, but I was still peeved. Even though it's just Walmart

(Will put up pictures of the car accident later)

In an upside turn of events I have an interview with a gas station just 5 minutes from my house (Walmart was a 30 minute drive, when traveling at speed). I'd much prefer working at a small gas station in a sleepy town rather than Walmart in the middle of a City. Hope everything goes well!! So I can go back to school while biding my time to re-up for the Army

The car I bought for 5 grand. A 2000 Saab 9-3 with only 75k miles on the clock, 5 speed tranny, and a sweet 4 pot turbocharged engine good for 185 bhp

Rear Ended at approximately 30 miles per hour (no joke, their airbags deployed and I did the maths) by a Chevy Cavalier driven my a young lady from Chicago. My month and car ruined by a chance incident with a car 150 miles from its home.

The Cavalier was utterly ruined, and unbeknown to me at the time, so was my car.

Directly after "The Incident" (as I have titled the collection of files in my drawer) 10 points if you get the Porcupine Tree reference

So it is trashed, sort of. The insurance company will write it off, making the car utterly worthless. But I have a plan for it... Keep my car, and shell whatever the insurance company gives me (still in the middle of this whole process), drive the car to its grave, then strip everything I want from it, and get a new one. A 1999-2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen, like the car you see in the pictures, but lower down and more powerful! And I have to say that driving away from the scene that day was the best "HA HA!!!" I've done all my life.

A big downside was I'll have to take off from racing this year... My cousin who's good with photoshop even made me a banner to go on the side of my car.. (full scale its 12 by 20 inches

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Laddy
Reserve Council

Grunty! I remember you, glad to see you're OK.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
7 posts Page 1 of 1