A Video

The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFuQSe3_b4

Hello everyone.

I just released a Halo Stunting video recently. Check it out. And if you have any question about the mechanics or anything else ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Description:
This video shows how to make a specific type of Hog Warp Machine on Ice Fields, and then utilize it. That is, you force a Hog inside of the base wall so that the back portion is sticking out of the base, causing it to de-render and become semi-solid. You then run or jump into it, which leads to the game warping you out of it and in any number of directions and ways, allowing you to get inside of just about everything around it. The video includes step-by-step instructions for creating and using the warp machine.

Enjoy.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{1-Bar
Guardian Elder

nomnomnomnomnom

Loved it!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

This can be done with out a mod? cause your health makes it seem that way. Maybe I will give it a shot one day. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zeke
Clan Member

Very nice. I've noticed some weird collision (or rather, lack thereof) stuff in the midsection of warthogs before, but it never occurred to me that it could be used like this.
}SoC{Unity8 wrote:
This can be done with out a mod? cause your health makes it seem that way. Maybe I will give it a shot one day. :P
I think you can set the health to be really high when you're making a gametype or something...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{1-Bar
Guardian Elder

Yeah shields and health adjusted to fullest settings. Take a rocket full on in the face and barely twitch. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

}SoC{1-Bar wrote:
nomnomnomnomnom

Loved it!
Glad to hear it 1-Bar.
}SoC{Unity8 wrote:
That is correct.

It's a custom gametype, which you can create Via Multiplayer > Edit Gametypes > Create New.

The settings for high health are as follows:
Game Settings > Oddball > Trait Without Ball: Damage Resistant
Player Settings > Health: 400%

These two settings combine to give you 800% health.
}SoC{Zeke wrote:
Very nice. I've noticed some weird collision (or rather, lack thereof) stuff in the midsection of warthogs before, but it never occurred to me that it could be used like this.
}SoC{Unity8 wrote:
I think you can set the health to be really high when you're making a gametype or something...
All of halo has collision fails. You can force any vehicle into just about any object in a grand number of ways. These ways are usually referred to as "Break Points". The Ghost, for example, has three major break points: the seat, the wing(s), and the middle. It should be noted, however, that these break points can be combined in any number of ways. Here are a few screenshots which show the endless possibilities of break points with a Ghost:

A Ghost Shroom on Ice Fields. (Utilizes the Middle break point of the Ghost)

A Ghost Wing Shark in the Lower Bridge on Infinity. (Utilizes the Wing break point of the Ghost)

A Ghost inside of the bridge on Gephyrophobia by a combination of the Wing and Middle break points. (This combination of break points is usually called the Guns Break Point.)

A Ghost on Gephyrophobia inside of the bridge by its Seat Break Point and the rail by its Middle Break Point. (Called a Rail Ghost. There isn't a name for this combination of break points.)

Two Ghost Half-Shrooms inside of the Red Base Portal on Blood Gulch by their wing Break Points. (Combination of the Middle, Wing, and Seat break points. There isn't a name for this combination of break points.)

[Click on any of the above images to be redirected to their file page, from there you can view them at their full resolution.]

You can use break points like this just by ramming or driving things into areas that aren't very thick/wide. Like the Rail on Gephyrophobia, or the side of the portal on Blood Gulch Base, or the rail of the bridge on Ice Fields, or the edge of the hole on the Ice Fields Base.

I'd love to talk more about this stuff, if anyone is interested.

-Mator

EDIT:
}SoC{1-Bar wrote:
Yeah shields and health adjusted to fullest settings. Take a rocket full on in the face and barely twitch. :)
Almost, health is at 400% and damage resistance; technically there is no "shields" parameter in custom gametypes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
6 posts Page 1 of 1