Halo Server Rotation

The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
27 posts Page 1 of 1

Topic author
}SoC{Jarred
Guardian Elder

MAMA_OZ and I have been working on the Halo server rotation. Instead of sending us pms, you can now make suggestions in this thread. When making requests, please remember that though a certain game type or vehicle might be fun for a while, it doesn't mean that it would be good for the rotation. We try to avoid game types that drag out for a long time and tend to clear the servers. Also, let us know if there is a game type that seems to be taking too long or that is clearing the server so that we can be aware of that.

We will make note of your suggestion/request and then delete your post in order to keep the thread clean. ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

I have finished the new map cycle for server A & B but I am unsure when it will be up and running. Please don't post unless it is a suggestion becouse as you can see I have cleared the thread for future suggestions. :P Anyway I hope you will like it. :)

}SoC{Unity8

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Dddrgn
Clan Member

I think that some of the maps on the rotation should be changed. I think you should put some juggernaut gametype's in, or oddball. And, I think the map ice fields should be put in, its like my favorite map, but not in the server rotation.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

}SoC{Dddrgn wrote:
I think that some of the maps on the rotation should be changed. I think you should put some juggernaut gametype's in, or oddball. And, I think the map ice fields should be put in, its like my favorite map, but not in the server rotation.
Jester and I are currently working on some new mapcycles. They're coming sometime soon. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

All I'm going to say is: Do NOT put any banshees in ANY of the maps. It is amazing and INFURIATING how much some of those random people try to annoy you by flyin' around the whole game not doing anything productive besides running over people and shooting them with the lazers! :-x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{FLUX
Clan Member

yea i agree nos banshes but it would be cool if we could mabey get a zombie server or something

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

What do you mean? We're }SoC{. We just play regular, NONhack, fair Halo. There are plenty of other zombie servers though. ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{FLUX
Clan Member

how is zobiez a hack jw

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Zombies is actually a mod. I've been creating a custom zombie version since nobody ever modifies the default, and I don't really like it. However, I've taken a break from coding it, but it is something we're looking into. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{FLUX
Clan Member

ok sounds good

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

NOO!! NO MORE MODS!! You can find mods on pretty much any OTHER servers in Halo! Leave }SoC{ servers A and B aloooone!! Leave it regular, please! NOO MODS! Make your OWN }SoC{ mods server if you want!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{FLUX
Clan Member

i have no idea how to make a server

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Pretty much what I think the idea is is have one of the servers run a classic gametype mode. Slayer, CTF, and the default game modes. Have another server that will run things like zombies, hog wars, and stuff like that.

I still need to work that out with Jester.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Unity8
Clan Member

^ Um.... Jester is no longer a branch leader......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

Lazer, that sounds great!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{FLUX
Clan Member

yea i agree with lazer souns like a good idea but if you do zombiez no tanks of ghosts and banses and limit heavies so not so many ppl noobing on zombiez lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

Hm... If we're talking mods here, maybe you COULD put in ghosts and banshees but you could have a noobicator that tells you if the person is getting in his/her ghost too much and running people over and same thing for shees, you can disable the vehicle for them! Like, kinda when you try to get in a car with and enemy in the driver's seat. You're pressing the button you use to get in vehicles, but nothing happens! Then that would lower the annoymous level of noobs :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

}SoC{C~lizzle wrote:
Hm... If we're talking mods here, maybe you COULD put in ghosts and banshees but you could have a noobicator that tells you if the person is getting in his/her ghost too much and running people over and same thing for shees, you can disable the vehicle for them! Like, kinda when you try to get in a car with and enemy in the driver's seat. You're pressing the button you use to get in vehicles, but nothing happens! Then that would lower the annoymous level of noobs :P
The way I have it set up so far, is that zombies can use vehicles for transportation only. All vehicle damage is disabled. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

Not even the turret or built in rocket launcher or lazers or built in fuel rod? ONLY zombies can use vehicles? If only zombies can use vehicles... *SMACKS* Man, that ain't right!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

If only Zombies can use vehicles.. I might reinstall Halo to totally abuse it >.>

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{FLUX
Clan Member

well if both could use veichles it be cool

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

}SoC{FLUX wrote:
well if both could use veichles it be cool
The way I learned to play zombies (and in my opinion, the funnest way) is where zombies can only melee. Zombies becomes too easy for the zombies, and it takes away the horror of realizing that one snuck up right behind you. It also requires teamwork on the zombies part, which is why it isn't ridiculously annoying. :P
}SoC{C~lizzle wrote:
Not even the turret or built in rocket launcher or lazers or built in fuel rod? ONLY zombies can use vehicles? If only zombies can use vehicles... *SMACKS* Man, that ain't right!
You got that right! You can't run people over with any vehicle, rocket hogs, regular hogs, ghosts, tanks, banshees, and shades all do 0 damage. You can still push people around, but that's about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

I know. But can the HUMANS use the vehicles or meele?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

Lazer will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to say no to vehicles and yes to melee. No to vehicles because then the Zombie couldn't kill the human given that the zombie can only melee; it would be all to easy to sit in a vehicle and have Zombie roadkill. Yes to melee as there really isn't a reason as to why not.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

Actually, you can only push people around with vehicles. But you make a good point :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

}SoC{C~lizzle wrote:
Actually, you can only push people around with vehicles. But you make a good point :P
Yup. If zombies can only melee, and humans can camp in vehicles, they could never be killed because there would be no way to hit them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{C~lizzle
Clan Member

Right! Especially since if the zombies get close to your ghost/ tank/ hog you could just accelerate out of sight. And the zombie (s) wouldn't even have a chance to TRY to melee you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
27 posts Page 1 of 1