Halo Tips and Tricks (by the Halo Battle Squad)

The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
83 posts Page 1 of 2

Topic author
}SoC{Jarred
Guardian Elder

A while back I thought it would be cool to make a halo video for the clan. This video would show useful tricks that I had learned from the Battle Squad. I talked to Matt (HisJoy), the leader of the Battle Squad, about my idea and he gave me the go ahead to make it. When I started working on it, siege offered to edit it for me. Being that I had never edited a video before, I took him up on it. I am very glad that he offered because this video probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for him helping me. He did an awesome job!

I would like to thank the Battle Squad for the content of this video.

Download Halo Tips and Tricks (71 MB)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{AMT
Clan Member

Yay! That was a pretty awesome video. Great job siege!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Scotki
Clan Member

Great job guys. Hehehe i even got my name in it. By mistake of course...... Right around 6:24. Hehehehe. :/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Hammy
Clan Member

Awesome video guys. It's nice to know where u are when we can't find u with the flag. :frusty: But I must say that the blooper short at the end was fantatstic. I can relate to the ghost tryin to get on top of the base on blood gulch. :mrgreen: I definitely hope to see more videos if y'all have the time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{wam
Clan Member

Awesome video! Nice job Jarred and Siege.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

It was u guyz the whole time..in the end :P
nice video

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{4Him
Clan Member

can't look at it tonite, but i'm sure it's awesome

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

How do you survive the super long falls?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{4Him
Clan Member

i learned to do that, its pretty cool

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Costco
Clan Member

Good job guys!! :rockon:

I'm in it!!! =D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Awesome job guys, great vid!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Taker
Clan Member

really awsome! I love stunts that really help you in game. Great job guys, this could really help me out. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Jwin
Clan Member

Wow some of those I didn't even know about...and that's saying something! Great job guys. You should make a playbook for the Battle Squad.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Swarm
Guardian Elder

GREAT JOB GUYS, THAT WAS REALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

SILLY GEEZERS.........LOL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ryu
Clan Member

}SoC{Jwin wrote:
Wow some of those I didn't even know about...and that's saying something! Great job guys. You should make a playbook for the Battle Squad.
We actually kinda have one, we just don't write that stuff down. Yes Jwin, we are paranoid.

As for surviving a super long fall. Think of the legs of the master chief as a pair of springs. When you crouch while jumping, they retract to the body and the torso does not go downwards, the legs come upwards. Now think of falling from a great height, your best bet is to land on the 'springs' when they are retracting to absorb the shock. Thats step one. Step two is to know where you will land, you want to hit an incline, this lessens or negates all damage from the fall. I've been able to jump off of the bridges in infinity and not lose any shields or health by doing this.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{SBLeader
Clan Council

Rofl, I loved the geezer vids!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Crumpt
Clan Member

LOL_ENDING!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Taker
Clan Member

my favorite part was at the end with the geezers. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Harley
Guardian Elder

ROTFL :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: *breathes* :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: Was that *MY* lame self trying to get the ghost on top of the base? If not, it has happened. I have simply got to start using some of my old Marathon skills for luge, torpedo jumping. It was necessary to finish the Marathon series. Great video guys, kudos to all! :notworthy:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Beulah

The geezer shorts made me LOL

excellent work!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Uhhhhh...

Why wasn't I anywhere in the credits?

I mean, seriously siege, I taught you almost all the stunts you know... :/

But those are just a few tricks in halo, I know loads more haha. (Ingame ones)

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

BTW loved the geezer part,

Keep up the good work...

And as far as any of those go... I can teach any of them, and more if anyones interested.

Falling: As Ryu said, when your falling, try to hit an incline, a ramp thats 45 degrees or more vertical. And, crouch right when you land. This can also be used in campaign, if you watch some of ms. mans old videos, he jumped off the bridge on the map "Assault on the Control Room" When you see the pelican going down to drop marines off. He jumps off, uses many ramps and such, and then lives.

:D

Ghost on the Base: When getting the ghost ontop of the base, start holding space when you begin going up the base of the hill (the one behind blue base, and the one in front of red base) then just drive straight up. You can also go up the base by driving straight through the ramp walkway on the right side of the red base and blue base. (when facing the base).

You can also get a hog up, tanks, well, they take too much effort to do in a real game. As far as the chiron spot goes, you can just use a frag and a rocket to get up (if you grab overshiled too), but then again, theres no rocket launches on normal chiron games. :(

-Mator

P.S. WOOPS sorry for double post.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

}SoC{MåTôR wrote:
Why wasn't I anywhere in the credits?
Because... it's... of the battle squad?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yes but... I taught siege a large portion of he did in the video. If it weren't for me he would still be jumping off of death island bases with hogs. :P

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

But... you weren't even in the movie...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Its a point of respect Soccer. The fact that I showed him the ropes, or the basics, of how to stunt, make me want to feel some sort of "Thanks" about what I showed him.

Its sort of like you taking an hour out of your day each week for 4 months to teach me how to snipe really well, then I go off and make a video without even mentioning you. It makes you feel worthless and disrespected.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{siege
Teamspeak Admin

it was Jarred's video to make from the battle squad to the clan, i just edited it and added a few things :shucks:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

O...

Didn't know that.

hehe.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

See, that'd be true... if they were stunting.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

If siege was stunting moreever.

But wait... did you show them the things in the video siege?

I could swear I saw you typing at one point.

Were they all Jarred's stunts or yours???

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ryu
Clan Member

It doesn't matter. I've seen most of those in videos on the SoC forums about 2 years before you joined the clan. Jarred has been doing a lot of those for years now too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Corban
Clan Member

Now I could sit and watch vids like that all day. Super job on the video( I liked the music too)! I even made the "Geezer" squad :laughhard: I learned a few things too! Keep them coming!
Don

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I'll make one here soon myself. I'm just going to choose a few maps and show every single one I know on them.
Thats alot.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Scotki
Clan Member

Cool id like too see them all lol. Keep the vid under two hours.... :laughhard:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Aden
Clan Member

WOW!

That was seriously awesome.

Could I have the music?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Meh. I'm gonna stop whining, but ask me if I taught you any of the things next time before you put them in the video ^^

Just in case... >.>

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Jarred
Guardian Elder

}SoC{A'den wrote:
WOW!

That was seriously awesome.

Could I have the music?
Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blind1
Guardian Elder

Mator,
It really doesn't matter how the Battle Squad learned the "stunts" in the video, in the end they are just useful tactics to use in halo. And actually learning how the battle squad learned would a complete waste of time leading everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Example: I made it out of the top of Blood Gulch in the demo, but never in the full game that I remember, so if somebody retaught me did they teach me? No because I had merely forgotten but yes because I had forgotten. In the end, it is just a game. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I dropped the subject even though I could argue further.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Dakota
Clan Member

Nice job guys! Lots of cool stuff :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Jimmy
Guardian Elder

Wow! That was really great, nice work. The Geezer "Back in the Day" tribute is soooo funny! I remember back when the only weapons we had were rocks and sticks and I had to pull Mamaoz around in a wagon on BloodGulch....and we were thankful :)
Jimmy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

ROFLMBOSHMGAFO JIMMY!

(rolling on floor laughing my but off so hard my guts are falling out)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

I need to try some of dem tricks out.... :P

Geezer one was awesome, resinging of Johnny Cash's song that all of a sudden I can't remember the name of... 'one cowpoke when out riding on a dark and windy day...'

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{light9
Clan Member

:D ok ok i finally got my tickets and seen this video.. great job guys it was awsome and i really reallly :laughhard: liked the former battle squad skit . :mrgreen: I came directly back to post about it and im still laughing....thanks for makeing it and makeing it accessable.. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{MAMA_OZ
Clan Council

HE HAD TO PULL ME UP THE HILL BOTH WAYS .. IN A SNOW STORM.. SNIFF WITH NO SHOES ON .... BUT WE WERE BOTH THANKFUL !!! ROTFL :laughhard:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Brian1.8
Guardian

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Lol I wonder how many smilie faces that is.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tech
Guardian Elder

14x14 so there's 196 smilies there :P.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links