The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
266 posts Page 2 of 6

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

Mator's counter-argument is correct, but only assuming you are playing on a large map. Now put yourself in a 16 player game on Battle Creek and the needler is the next best thing since sliced bread. (or the shotgun and rocket launcher ^^;)

And the assault rifle isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. As long as you don't suck at aiming, you can do some decent damage on somebody (aim for the neck, Chief's fat body is right below to absorb bullets, and his head is right above for that bit of extra hurt). Granted, a pistol will own an assault rifle if you get all headshots, but the fact is, not everybody' is that accurate.

Shotgun for close range flag-carrier killage (DEFENDING IS NOT CAMPING! >.<), pistol to pick him off if he gets too far.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yeh... But I find being on small maps with needlers is not very common, and when it is, by all means take er away.

But if your on Beaver Creek and I have a pistol... I will go to the top of the buildings and start headshotting.

Yes no one is that good, but It still take me under 6 shoots to kill a guy with a pistol (every time).

The AR can be effective, but the pistol is MORE effective. I can kill a guy with a pistol easily even if he is within 5 feet of me with a his AR. Its not very hard. You see aiming for the neck is not easy to do, and if you just were using a pistol and you aimed there you will kill the person alot faster.

-Mator

Edit: Wait... why did this post twice!!?!!? :( I am sorry moderators.
Last edited by }SoC{Mator on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yeh... But I find being on small maps with needlers is not very common, and when it is, by all means take er away.

But if your on Beaver Creek and I have a pistol... I will go to the top of the buildings and start headshotting.

Yes no one is that good, but It still take me under 6 shoots to kill a guy with a pistol (every time).

The AR can be effective, but the pistol is MORE effective. I can kill a guy with a pistol easily even if he is within 5 feet of me with a his AR. Its not very hard. You see aiming for the neck is not easy to do, and if you just were using a pistol and you aimed there you will kill the person alot faster.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Just to add, the needler isn't that useful even in close quarters combat, as the melee is unbelievably slow, and whilst you're reloading, the guy with the pistol is probably already drilling hole after hole through your head. Unless you are high up at a good vantage point, I'd normally avoid the needler.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

OK, I decided to try clicking the mouse every time to fire the pistol instead of holding it down... and let me tell you... it works a WHOLE lot better! Their shields went down a lot faster, and I got a few hogs out of the way using that. I think I'll use the pistol more often now...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yay soccer took the advice!

>.> I better whatch out...

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

*refuses to watch out, out of sheer stubbornness...

*...will probably pay for that mistake

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

Haha. Doubt it... I'm still kinda newbish when it comes to Halo. I'm getting better though! Promise! :mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

You were really good last night soccer, I should teach you some more stuff...

But seriously, it was challenging to get you a few times last game.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Anno 'Rhculee

I got a killing spree with a Needler and a Shotgun. It was fun. So, those are some of my reccomended weps of the week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

Needler? Really?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Anno 'Rhculee

Yep. Loaded a guy with Needles and he exploded, killing two other people.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Have to say, recently I've found running around with a charged plasma pistol and a shotgun/AR at the ready can result in some surprisingly speedy kills. Nice little tactic, gets boring after having to run around with a big glowing light in front of you, illuminating your position to the enemy sniper sitting half a kilometre away...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yeah, thats been a tactic for a long time, it also works really well with frags, full charge plasma pistol blast + frag = ownt.

:)

And jsut because you got 1 killtacular from a needler doesn't mean that much.

Try fighting me with a needler, and see what happens.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

In a tiny loaded map (16 players) the needler will get you many kills. The chaos is too much to avoid much of anything in that circumstance.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tech
Guardian Elder

It's simple, own everyone.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Lol tech.

-Another thing about the needler-- It reloads slow --

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

When you're in the middle of a gunfight, everything reloads slow... at least slow enough to get you killed.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Incorrect blue.

Rule 1:

Once you are out of a fight, instantly reload, if you are in a fight and run out of ammo, switch weapons or dodge behind something when you need to reload. Also, melee when MC puts the ammo into the gun, it lets you reload a little faster.

Rule 2:

Never start fighting without ammo in one of your weapons.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Preferably, before going into a firefight, reload both weapons, gather as much ammo as you can whilst wasting as little time possible, and top up on frag grenades especially. Good for softening up the shields, especially on Chiron.

Then, when you need to reload/need more ammo, withdraw from the battle, stock up again, and go back in. Old tactic, but useful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Thats what I said :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{LPuV262
Clan Member

the best way to win oddball mathes for me is if there is a teleporter go through it and stand right before someone comes at you go back through and find i close corner to hide in till they go through and get out of your site then go back through and repeat ive won many oddball matches this way

a way that i win in king of the hill is staying in hidden corners within the hill boundry and throw granades like cray lol

so basically stay hidden/sneaky is the way i play

oh and i also played through infinity on the 2nd server and we had 4 banshees gaurding the middle and if anyone came through we all ambushed them we destroyed the other team...then on ice fields we had all the tanks two on the bridge and two under and all the rocket hogs place at the base one on each side and two people with rockets and fuel rods we comepletely annialated them lol

so 2nd basically youv GOT to have a good defense to have a good offense if u get what im saying

hope that helps lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{LPuV262
Clan Member

oh i thought of another while i was playing a while agoe (sry if we're not aloud to double post)

whenever your in a hog and you see a tank/person with a rocket launcher DO NOT STOP!!! like 5 people did that while i was playing today and it made me so mad. Because when you stop your an easier target should do some fancy turning/jumping manover instead and get under the tank at full speed but make sure you turn to one side after your under it so it will flip i use this trick alot its very helpful and when u see a guy with a rocket launcher dodge it by turning and then charge after he shoots it again because he'll have to reload this also helps alot

the tank one is kinda hard and takes some getting use to but once you do it cause become helpful in many many games

once again sorry if we werent supposed to double post but it seemed important lol i didnt wanna forget it

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Brian1.8
Guardian

And always, always make sure you have one or two guys on defense. If everyone bolts out of the base to get the enemy's flag, it just leaves yours for the taking.
I beg to differ.

I'm all of my Halo experience, I've seen this happen before. Here's what I mean.

Usually, when everyone dart out from their base and attack the enemy, they keep it under pressure. I've seen it happen, even when the enemy base being hammered has no AFK.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

Unless while you were all charging up the middle, someone simply walked around you and picked up your unattended flag. This is why I said only one or two, not half the team. If you have eight people, seven of them should always keep the pressure on, with one waiting by the flag with a shotgun :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

}SoC{Friik wrote:
And always, always make sure you have one or two guys on defense. If everyone bolts out of the base to get the enemy's flag, it just leaves yours for the taking.
I beg to differ.

I'm all of my Halo experience, I've seen this happen before. Here's what I mean.

Usually, when everyone dart out from their base and attack the enemy, they keep it under pressure. I've seen it happen, even when the enemy base being hammered has no AFK.
I too have seen this happen. This was a LONG time ago but I remember, all tanks circled enemy base and pounded them relentlessly.

Map: Blood Gulch
The plan: Everyone hopped onto our 3 tanks charged, eliminated enemy tanks, passengers took control of said tanks, 2 men left out of tanks drive hog runs and score until game is over.

Game was over in about 10-15 minutes. No AFKs what-so-ever. The game took so long because the enemy, when they got a chance, hid in their base. Probably the best chance they had. Their entire team was on DEFFENSE and they lost. So it doesn't matter how many men you have as deffenders you need to include the skill of the players as well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Yep, I gotta agree with what Blue said about defence. It does not take half a team to defend. One man armed with a fuel rod or rocket launcher can easily take the job of three players with ARs and pistols.

This tactic is especially useful in danger canyon. A single man on defence fuel rod-jumps up onto the ledge above the door to the tunnel, and he can take care of both incoming vehicles and tunnel infantry. Be sure to fire behind enemies coming out of the tunnel, so that the fuel rod pushes them towards the flag, where you can bombard them again or headshot them. Don't shoot the rod infront of them, or they will be thrown back into the tunnel, and when they next come out they will be prepared.

Hope this helped. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yep.

1 Player with a heavy weapon on the ledge at danger canyon can easily take out 10 players without running out of ammunition or dieing. That is why heavy weapons truelly own. Also... If that player grabs a rocket launcher or a flamethrower as well... he can, when he runs out of ammunition... run to the middle and get a new rod. Then the cycle continues :D

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

I find when people start pulling out pistols and going for head shots an occaisnal random melee and crouching will throw the aim for a bit, not SUPER effective, but half the time i'm dead anyway at that point.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

One point to make here, when you're in long-range firefights, avoid crouching unless there is some sort of barrier infront of you (hopefully not your teamate)that will stop your opponent's shots from hitting you. Crouching slows down your movement, and you want to keep moving as fast as you can at all times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

Oh, yea, sorta forgot that... I don't use the crouch part much. I sorta end up hitting random buttons...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

It depends on your key layout. I use Home, Del, End, and Pg Dn for movement (in place of WASD), and that gives me 0 and Enter for nice, large, hittable keys for things like jump and crouch. I have 5 extra buttons on my mouse, so they cover the rest. Try experimenting with different key layouts, some work better for some people than they do for others.

By the way, my key layout WILL result in twitchy fingers, but it tends to go after a while... ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

I use the standard key layout, basic keyboard... and space is always a nice jump button. (only one hand needs to really move to type as well)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

It's also useful to have switch weapons assigned to the scroll wheel, makes for some fast switching.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

I tried that once, but I found it way too easy to accidently switch to my shotgun while trying to snipe across the map :P

I like Q. Or whatever it is. I haven't played Halo PC for months. (Woot for my 360!)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

Its tab, Q is da flashlight...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

I changed my keyboard layout to match Halo 2 Vista... it makes it easier to play both games.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

I'm back to using WASD again, my new keyboard is curved and it really doesn't work for my old layout. Time to adjust again...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

In other words, I should challenge you now, while you're still getting used to it. xD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Uh.... In a manner of speaking soccer, yes. Hehe. Time to go practice then...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sgt_Gundy
Old Applicant

Use a nade of some kind then spray the enemy with assault rounds.
Power a plasma pistol to full charge then release to bring down a enemy's shields then switch to ur secondary wep. (should be a pistol) and finish 'em off.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{K~9
Clan Member

This is from your friend }A{K~9

One thing for people who are quick a sneaky is when You are invisible try attacking without gun so you dont loose your invisibility

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{kupo
Clan Member

ya im like soccer i had to change it to the vista layout b/c it got to confusing after a while, and vista wont let you change the key layout.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Whilst we're on about layouts, I recommend moving your WASD to somwhere you aren't likely to hit the windows key, its been happening more and more to me lately. That and the fact I have my scores button assigned to Caps Lock. So if I scream at you accidentally, I'm not really. In fact I'm going to change it now... :frusty:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

use ur sheep instincts BEST TACTIC!!!! u kno wat i mean leady :)
here is 1 4 real

when jarred is camping in danger canyon(LOL) the best thing to do is to throw a nade on the ceiling....kinda weird BUT KEEP READIN. he will look at the naded whereever it goes for just a few seconds and theres ur chance to jump out and pistol him(or double team him)...( if he reads this ...then dont use it :) )

its worked 4 me eveeerry time

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{siege
Teamspeak Admin

Jarred ur weakness has been exposed!!!!!!!! work on it :P,lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Sheep_607 wrote:
use ur sheep instincts BEST TACTIC!!!! u kno wat i mean leady :)
here is 1 4 real

when jarred is camping in danger canyon(LOL) the best thing to do is to throw a nade on the ceiling....kinda weird BUT KEEP READIN. he will look at the naded whereever it goes for just a few seconds and theres ur chance to jump out and pistol him(or double team him)...( if he reads this ...then dont use it :) )

its worked 4 me eveeerry time
If you can stay alive in the tunnel long enough to do that, then go for it!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Stryx
Clan Member

The best battle tactic ever:
Make sure your bullets hit, and theirs miss.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

anotha tactic is 2 sumtimes make them believe that ur good :P
that always makes me nervous and mess up.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Stryx
Clan Member

Haha the only way to make somebody think you are good is if you ARE good.

A tactic that I use on that Chiron level (the one with all the teleporters) is if a guy is chasing you to go through a teleporter and throw a nade at that teleporter. By the time he goes through that nade will go off, then you just pump a couple of rounds into him and hes done for.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
266 posts Page 2 of 6