The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
266 posts Page 6 of 6

}SoC{Ryu
Clan Member

Yay for last words buddy. Could you both just cut it out.

Magnatrix, as a mod what I consider spam is two things. Off topic posts, like flaming. Repetitive posts, where the same post is posted more than once in the same topic by the same person. Also, you seem to think that adding an exclamation point to a word makes it OK to use, your wrong. Try to not be so rude ;)

Discussion END. Back to tactics.

@Mator's camping ledge. It is pretty good for one or two kills, past that you become a target. If the enemy team just starts lobbing plasma and frags into the tunnel, you will die. I've only found that ledge helpful for waiting for the flag carrier on an assault match.

For Shees and Ghosts.
I'm sure most of you have some experience with being pasted to the underside of these vehicles, however they are pretty easy to dodge. For a ghost, if you are on a downward incline, or the ghost is on uneven terrain, just crouch towards one of the 'wings' of the ghost to have it pass over you. Crouching under the center will commonly get you hit by a small protuberance on the back of the ghost. For the banshee, you can jump over the wings. Simple jump sideways and crouch while in the air. This should tuck your legs over the wing; if you have a shotgun, this is also a perfect angle for a kill poo on the pilot.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

}SoC{Ryu wrote:
@Mator's camping ledge. It is pretty good for one or two kills, past that you become a target. If the enemy team just starts lobbing plasma and frags into the tunnel, you will die. I've only found that ledge helpful for waiting for the flag carrier on an assault match.

For Shees and Ghosts.
I'm sure most of you have some experience with being pasted to the underside of these vehicles, however they are pretty easy to dodge. For a ghost, if you are on a downward incline, or the ghost is on uneven terrain, just crouch towards one of the 'wings' of the ghost to have it pass over you. Crouching under the center will commonly get you hit by a small protuberance on the back of the ghost. For the banshee, you can jump over the wings. Simple jump sideways and crouch while in the air. This should tuck your legs over the wing; if you have a shotgun, this is also a perfect angle for a kill poo on the pilot.
True, but most players don't figure out your up there untill you have gotten many kills. I can join SoC servers and get 20 kills just from that ledge. Also, jumping when they nade helps, and if they really are nade spamming, an occasional fuel rod behind their nades can launch their nades 'right back at em' :D

Thats a good tactic Ryu, and it'd be perfect for sticking the vehicle :mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Scout

o.o flamewar.

Anyway, on the subject of tactics...

When you drive a warthog at one guy, he's likely to dodge if you try to ram him straight. Aim a little to his right, then spin the warthog so that the entire side of the hog comes flying at him. This will mess up your driving if you're trying to get from point A to point B, and isn't that great in congested areas, but it's a lot more reliable for picking off a lone guy. (edit) Just slam your mouse to the right or left. The warthog's tail will fly around. (tail?) It may be a good idea to practice this in SP, and check out when it's a good idea to use it.

Your gunner will scream at you if you're in a rocket hog.

Also, you can crouch-jump over a Banshee's wing if it's thrashing around on the ground trying to hit you.

Lastly, and most importantly, if your ping is over 300, ragequit and do us all a favour. (:P)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Scout wrote:
o.o flamewar.
Not anymoar.

@ Scout: I always swerve into enemy players ^_^

There is in fact a way to dodge a swerving vehicle, but it takes a bit of luck, and a lot of skill...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{J23
Clan Member

My trick helps on ctf on battle creek. You have to be on blue. So u g=come out of the blue base and go to ur left to the ladder. Then u climb it then go to by the arch or bridge or watever u want to call it. Then u jump on the bridge crouch and walk up the side u jumped on tothe once on the top there is a small ledge on the rock wall on the left side of the red base. Then u jump on it. Then u face the red base. Then u jump towards the base and right before u land u crouch. Now u can jump through the hole on the red base and get the flag. This is probably the safest way to get on the red base.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

Four videos I find useful.

Halo Tips and Tricks (in the Members Only section of the forums, link doesn't work, then right click save as)
- Too lazy to link >.<
- Thank you Jarred / Siege / rest of the b-squad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jBU7s5Si94
A video made by Nexy showing a large amount of nade points that one can use in pubs or scrims. It covers mostly small maps, such as Beavercreak, Chill Out, Hang em’ High, and Damnation for power weapons (rocket / sniper) and items (overshield / active camo) Nexy uses the Xbox in this video, not the PC, so the reticule is slightly off. Use points of references to find out where to place it or experiment. If you happen to try some of these, don’t get frustrated. It takes time to learn.
Has music, mute it if you don’t like it =)
- Thank you Nexy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9z2rCD ... re=related
An old video that was NOT made by RP despite the name of the youtube user who posted it. It shows the basic essentials, as described by them. This includes three typical types of strafes, the long strafe, the short strafe, and a combination of the two. It also shows a tip to avoid being spawnkilled with a sniper headshot, and a very helpful reload technique. Watch the video, its very helpful for basic essentials that aren’t always the most known tips ;)
- Thank you whoever.. m2k I believe? O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYIEXkK- ... re=related
Follow up of the second link. “Advanced essentials”
- Thank you whoever again =P

Weapons
Don’t be afraid to use any weapon in the game. Rockets and fuel rods are in no way a “nubbish” weapon. If you’re out of ammo with one, never neglect to grab a different weapon, even if it’s a needler.
Also, if you’re going to attack an enemy base and you have a sniper or heavies, drain them. Otherwise you let them get the weapon and use it.

Pistol – Probably the most essential weapon in Halo, but also one of the hardest to use well. It can have an absolutely terrible spread the faster you shoot, so never hold down your fire button. The slower you fire the more accurate it is, and if your opponent happens to be firing faster, you can shoot them as they reload (most people end up losing their strafe when they reload, so it becomes a very large advantage).
With the pistol, you don’t have to aim at the head all the time to pull out one of those 3sk’s (three shot kills). You can go body-body-head if it tends to be easier. The second video should help describe how to aim against certain strafes.

Sniper – Among the top players probably the favorite weapon because of its ability to kill in so few shots and the distance it can be used from. A problem a lot of people have while using the sniper is having too high of sensitivity, and so when they try to aim with their mouse they move their aim off too much and miss. You can either aim only with your strafe, or you can lower your sensitivity a little. Sometimes you can mess with your sensitivity on your mouse and you won’t notice it being any slower on Halo, but it will be smoother.
Also, if you’re having troubles hitting someone, don’t waste the ammo. Wait for them to walk in a straight line or for them to walk into your shot instead. You have limited ammo with the sniper, don’t waste it.

Rocket Launcher – Pick it up >.< Don’t waste the shots, if you can’t hit, don’t shoot. Its not terribly difficult to use until you get a further distance away from the enemy, or you’re on a lower altitude. Very effective for vehicles of course ;)
Aim at the feet with it, don’t try and get a headshot with a rocket launcher O.O Unless you REALLY want to embarrass someone that much >.>

Fuel Rod – Debatably better than the rocket, only for the fact it has more shots and can be shot faster. Learn how it ends up spreading when you start firing faster, otherwise you’ll miss.
Don’t spam it, you’ll end up overheating and getting killed. Take your time and shoot at a slower pace and make sure you hit as much as you can.

Needler – Ninja weapon, don’t try to use it as a main weapon or against a pistol or something, you’re likely to lose =P However, say you’re in active camo and sneaking up on someone, a very amusing way to kill someone ^.^ Don’t miss, you fail at becoming a ninja if you do.

Plasma Pistol – Shoot slow! It has less spread than the pistol. Actually if I remember right it should have just about no spread >.> It’s great for using in combo with the shotgun for defense, especially on bloodgulch. Take out the shields with the plasma pistol, use the shotgun to finish them off.
Its also a good weapon to use to slow down the flag carrier if you’re right behind him.

Plasma Rifle – AR + PR can be a good combo, not used very often. Plasma rifle is usually used to slow down the flag carrier so you can melee him in the back or to make him stay in the range of a grenade.

Assault Rifle – AR > Shottie. Sorry Shotgun fans =P Unless you one shot kill with the shotgun, the Assault rifle will normally kill faster, IF you use it right. Don’t spray randomly. Actually aim and then use bursts of fire instead. More accurate = more shots hit = faster kill.

Shotgun – For defense people, if you don’t have heavies, you should have a shotgun. You should probably have a shotgun anyway o.O Has the possibility of one shot kill regardless of shields, and is good for helping out take flag carriers. Learn to hit with it, it has a nasty spread, don’t try to shoot from 30 meters away.

Fragmentation Grenade – Don’t spam these. You can kill faster with the pistol or something. Use them wisely. When you throw them, make sure you throw them where you know they will hit an enemy. One frag + one headshot with a pistol = dead. Or a shottie, an AR works very well too.
Frags can be bounced off walls at unique angles, learn to do this so that you may hit an enemy even though you can’t see him. It can be very useful to finish them off or to make them run away. They can also be ‘curved’ around a wall. Not the easiest thing to do always, but you can throw it around a wall without the enemy seeing you (note, you’re not bouncing it off a wall or anything)

Plasma Grenade - <3 Stickies. Learn to use theeem! Please o.o These are very, very useful to use on hogs, ghosts, shees, people, afks, typers, ragers, haters, anything o.O And no, there isn’t anything to say about them, except, you can sticky launch.
Throw a sticky on the ground, then right before it explodes, throw another to launch it. You can launch it at all sorts of angles, and at a large distances. Very unlikely to do anything though =P But hey.. never hurts to try?

Vehicles

Hogs – Most common vehicle, I guess? Try not to use it without having a gunner with you. And when you have a gunner with you, try not to drive to wild so that they can’t hit a thing. They’re there for a reason, let them do their job.
Passenger seat? Use it for transportation. For example, let him jump in and then when you get near a heavy, jump out and grab it, and control that area or walk to an area nearby to gain map control.
Not terribly hard to dodge. Predict where they go, go opposite, sometimes jump away. If you’re higher than them, you can actually jump over them by crouch jumping. Doesn’t always work, the turret may tap your foot and you all of a sudden die because of it =P

Ghosts – Fun… I actually hate ghosts, but they’re useful. Don’t crash >.< I fail at driving ghosts, I can’t give tips for them really, but don’t crash ^^ Try not to let a sniper catch you with your body towards him, easy kill. Don’t believe he still can’t kill you when you’re facing him, he can if he’s good.
The shot slows the enemy down, can cause him to have the same effect as bump lag. It also forces them to stutter a little, so that when crouching they aren’t as low as they can go and you can still hit them. Crouchers aren’t entirely immune to ghosts.
To dodge a ghost try to get on a hill, use a grenade. Crouch on the incline as it jumps at you nade where its going to land.

Banshees – Don’t dive at enemies o.o Use the primary and secondary weapons, they’re put there so you don’t have to dive, get a grenade in your face, a stickie on your wing, or shottie and AR spammed.
If you have the flag, its great for retreating, but its also a big target. Try not to fly in a straight line all the time.
If you’re facing a banshee you can jump over its wing should it dive at you and stickie it, or throw a frag it when you know it will dive at you.

Scorpions – Vulnerable vehicles that are so easy to take out its no fun o.o I compare them to AFKs ^.^ Make sure you don’t drive recklessly into an enemy base or occupied area. You die, you lose it, they have it, they win. =P If you do go on offense with it, use it to spawn kill AFTER your team has map control. Otherwise turn it around, facing away from your enemies, and use it for long range explosive sniping and defense in a hidden location. Just watch out for rockets and ninjas.
Uhh, to kill it? Rocket. Ninja. Sniper. 3sk it. Get up close and spam it, double nade it, stickie it. Its slow, it isn’t too hard =P

Note

This is by no means everything. It is also not all fact, some of it is opinion, please respect that. Experiment, find out some of the secrets ^.^ If you watch the videos it should help you figure some basics out so that you can look at a map and find out some other things you can do, jumps and such that can be useful.
Also, not everything will be perfect. Some of it is more scrimmage based than public server based. There is also a luck factor, ping, etc. It takes time to learn.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

omgom good post tali ^_^

o.o

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kyle
Teamspeak Admin

when in close combat shotgun will always come in handy

never get rid of ur pistal except for heavy or shoty

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Christ is Love
Old Applicant

lol yeah i have tried all of these they work AWSOME!!! i got 1 aswell maybe more later on ^_^

ok so when i Tank is coming for u ot TRYING to run u over just keep walking away from it ^_^ and use a plasma nade and a few shot from a pistol or shot gun doess the trick real quick to get the kill instead of being killed.

so in other words have a shotgun or pistol handy when fighting on a normal shield and health server with doing this stick a plsama nade on the tank as close to the driver as possible and shoot them with one of the two (2) wep's you got and its a easy kill. ^_^

p.s i am a new APPLICANT i hope to get to know all soon. ^_^

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Dddrgn
Clan Member

Well, i'm a decent player and I have a few tips for playing against 2 to 4 other players my way. (note this is only the way I play, and it works for me, might not be the best for you though, depending on your playing style)

1. USE VEHICLES AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. Only use vehicles if you need too. If you in a vehicle, you a bigger and easier target to hit, that simple. Someone will probably nade you or rocket you. Use for transportation more than for fighting, tank as only exception. Vehicles can be good, but if your a vehicle noob, youll just get more deaths.

2. TRY TO LAY LOW! Try as much as possible to stay out of sight and stay quiet. Don't randomly fire, kill people on your team, etc. I suggest using quiet quick accurate guns like pistol and sniper rifle, those are my favorite. This way, you can find the enemy, but their typing "WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU??!!!". I do this whenever i play on bloodgulch against a few other people.

3. WHEN SNIPING, KEEP MOVING! If you don't move when sniping, people will follow the trail that the sniper rifle leaves and will snipe you before you can say "crap!". Keep on the move so they never know where you are. Fire, move, fire, move, fire, move etc.

4. DON'T USE VEHICLES TO GET TO ENEMY BASE IN CTF! If you do, they will see you and will know you are coming. People playing as scouts at the time, or sniping will use team private chat to alert their team and you'll be blown to bits by heavy weapons. Take side paths and get there on foot. It's slower, but well worth the time, since you give the enemy a good surprise. I suggest having 1 other person with you when you do this for backup. Or take a vehicle half of the way and walk the rest. Just don't let the enemy see you. Once you have the flag, USE THE VEHICLES TO GET BACK TO YOUR BASE! When you have the flag, everyone knows it, so get out of there as fast as possible! Being sneaky will not help you much here, since there is the flag marker over you, etc. Grab a hog or shee, or whatever vehicle is around and get the heck out of there.

5. FIND THE ENEMY, DON'T LET THEM FIND YOU! If you find the enemy first, your more likely to get a kill than they are, as long as you surprise them. Make sure that you get to a point where they cant see you, but you can hit them, then attack. If you keep doing that, they will usually die first.

A lot of this is my opinion on how to play, so if you like using just rockets and fuel rods, fine, if you love running everyone over with hogs, good 4 u, but this is just my way.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ReconNinjaK
Old Applicant

Plasma pistol: When in close quarters, use an overcharge immediately followed up by a melee. Oh, how we love the noob combo.
Plasma rifle: Be careful with this one. The natural tendency is to fire full auto until you score the kill or overheat it. Beyond 15 feet or so, don't. It can be quite accurate at medium range, but you have to fire it in bursts or semi auto. Just remember to lead the target according to the range and server lag.
Needler: Don't use it if there are better options. If you're being attacked by someone using one, move perpendicularly to where the shots are coming from. Most will miss, especially if you're in that golden range where you're too close for the needles to track well, but not close enough where subtle aiming change isn't needed.
Fuel rod gun: Try to limit your enemy's mobility. Jumping can greatly reduce the damage, but your opponent can't jump high enough in a hall with a low ceiling. Also, don't use on banshees without a lot of practice, as the arc and slow projectile speed make it hard to hit. However, the arc can be used to hit targets on the other side of walls, like a grenade.
Pistol: Use it. Against anyone, in any vehicle, except maybe a scorpion. Random movement is best to evade one. However, firing slower than the maximum will assure accuracy at longer ranges. Actually, the pistol is completely unable to hit anything farther than 122.7 meters away. http://www.halopedian.com/M6D_HE_Pistol#Disadvantages
Rockets: We know how to use these. Point in general direction, shoot, laugh like a maniac (in that order). Try to catch banshees when they're near the ground or advancing on you, minimizing aiming error.
Assault rifle: As with all automatic weapons, but more so with this one, fire in bursts at targets beyond 15 or 20 feet. Even though you're putting out fewer rounds per second, more rounds per second are hitting, something many players overlook. Don't make the mistake most do.
Sniper rifle: The bullet does not have infinite speed, requiring you to lead the target slightly at long range, more so if lag is present. Also, the vapor trail gives you away, so try to make sure that you'll hit before firing.
Shotgun: Use in close quarters only. Because of the spray, this weapon can actually hit multiple people at one time (but because you have to be pretty far away to do this, you will only be able to kill them both if they are already injured, or if you're playing a game without shields). I got a double kill with one shot this way. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

You revived two dead threads, fascinating.

New something which I just recently learned:

The amount you lead your shots on a player is not just based on lag/ping, as many may contend. You should also adjust your lead based on the strafing pattern of the player. Obviously if the player is moving in only one direction and you know they aren't going to change direction you will lead exactly as much as your ping suggests. However, when they are using certain strafing patterns it can be very effective to decrease your lead. For instance, if a player is using a very small strafe you will find that fully leading in either direction will almost never hit. When player's are strafing small it is good to aim straight for their head, ie: to not lead at all. This works because the player will return to that exact spot you are aiming by the time the server registers your shot because they are strafing small. Furthermore, it can be effective to stop maintaining your lead when you think a player is about to change directions in their strafe. IE: stop changing your aim relative to the player, just aim at one spot. This is effective because when the player changes direction they will have a point where they stop moving for an instant. If you shoot this spot you will hit them. Or, if you even shoot a little to the right of the spot (when the player is moving left) or to the left of it (if the player is moving right) the player will still return to where you are shooting and you will still get a hit. In a sense "running" into your shots. Thus, whenever you are shooting someone who is changing the direction of their strafe actively try mixing up the lead, or, if you can manage it, try to shoot where they will change direction while strafing or a little inside of that point.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Militia
Clan Member

Wow now I have read all 18 pages here are some tips and tricks. I did not see on here.

1. Rat Race. Here if you shoot the invisibility or the over shield that float in the air they will fall were you can easily pick them up. Instead of you having to go all the way around to grab them.

2. FRG (Fuel Rod Gun) Jumps.

Keep in mind the FRG is considered a noob tool by most gamers even though many pros use them.
The most used FRG jump is in the middle of the tunnel at Danger Canyon. For this one you need to crouch jump on one of the boxes that are at each teams opening into the middle of the tunnel. Once you are up shoot the FRG at ether the box or the floor to get up to the opposing teams side. Its harder to get up with the floor but you still have shield afterword and you don't just die in one hit from a pistol. 8-)
It has already been said that you can use the FRG to get on the doorframe on opposing team’s side of the tunnel. If someone does this to you, try throwing a grenade in one of the corners on the outside of the door and it will hit through the doorframe knocking him off where you can easily kill him.
Some FRG jumps are for getting an over shield and returning to where you were you can do this on Damnation and Boarding Action.
On Damnation, you use the FRG to get back to the rocket platform after getting the over shield vs. you going all the way around. That way you are not as vulnerable trying to get back.
Here is the last FRG jump I can think of right know it can be a big help if you snipe.
On Boarding Action the over shield is right below the sniper ammo. You can grab the over shield and get back up to the sniper platform so you can have more heart. In order to do this you need to shoot the FRG on one of the sides surrounding the over shield to get back up so when you get back up you can snipe and not die as fast.
3. Since were on Boarding Action. Here is a hard technique that can help a ton.
The goal of this trick is to fling the opposing team’s flag across the gap to your side it is easier said than done.
In order to do this you throw a sticky grenade on the edge of the cliff in front of the flag stand then kill yourself with the grenade and the flag should fly to the other side you need to not have all your shield or you cannot kill yourself. It will take some time to get it to work when you need it to.
4. Sniper rifles are extremely deadly in tight spaces especially in close quarters if you get a body shot and melee to get an immediate kill it works on maps like Battle Creek at the team’s bases plus you can hit ranged vs. a shotgun or flamethrower. I am not going to do much on guns because it has been covered already.

This is it for all the stuff I did not see on here that I can think of right now. 8-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

Neeecrrooooo :P Oh well.

A note, you can use grenades where you don't have a fuel rod. Most commonly in Damnation and Boarding action (I always use the os/grenade jump in boarding action to get the sniper and fuel rod before anyone else is on the top level unless they did the same). You can use the grenade jump in place of the fuel rod in Danger Canyon, but it's harder and used more when you don't have the fuel rod and intercepting a flag carrier.

A note on the os/camo. I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but you can also grenade os/camo over to you on Sidewinder or grab one or the other on Longest and grenade the other down (there is a grenade point I'm too lazy to find a video for). Basically, there are loads of grenade point and not just for os/camo. You can get weapons (rockets/snipers) faster using your grenades well, too.

A fun note. Sticky grenades. You can, if you wish, throw them across Blood Gulch (base to base, essentially). It's more amusing on infinite grenade servers, but if you throw one in front of you (normally on a hill higher than you, but it doesn't matter too much) and then throw a second one just before first goes off, the second will be propelled. Yes, it takes a certain amount of timing. No, it has no real purpose. Yes, it is very amusing when you somehow manage to stick someone this way.

Random note. If you're really good at jumping / crouch jumping, you can travel Boarding Action like a pro :P It is totally possible to get from top to bottom in one series of jumps (or.. falls), without losing more than one or two bars of health, if any. Find out yourself >.> It helps for flag intercepting or returning if you ran out of ammo or are playing one of those weird close range only gametypes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Militia
Clan Member

Yea I agree grenades can be a huge help for getting items the two I use the most is getting the sniper on the other teams platform in the tunnel on Danger Canyon and the O.S. on Hang 'Em High
Yea I forgot to say that you can use grenades or rockets on Danger Canyon and Damnation. But I never knew you could do it on Boarding Action and i play a lot. Awesome tip ill defiantly to use it down the road it will be a big help. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

You don't have to use a grenade to get the opposite sniper on Danger Canyon. You can jump up against the platform from underneath and grab it, instead.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
266 posts Page 6 of 6