The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
266 posts Page 5 of 6

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

}SoC{Mator wrote:
A cool occasion was once on Boarding Action CTF, I was on the Flag level. I was looking down on the CAMO side. I had seen a red dot on my radar. So I jumped down, turned arround, and meleed. I instant killed a guy going up the ladder. It was epic. :mrgreen:
BOOYAH! ;)

-Durgh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Lol.

It was awesome.

Also, if your missing your shots (pistol or sniper) increase your lead.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

This is a good topic, let's keep the ball rolling!

I'll come back soon with another common sense observation for Durgh's Next Tactics Course!!!
-Durgh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

Durgh's Newbie Initiation Speech

This is actually a copy & paste of a reply I sent to one Newbie looking for beginner's advice:

The best advice I can give is: Play Allot.

The goal of playing allot is for a few purposes: 1.) Become very acquainted with your controls and the game's physics. 2.) To get to know the players, and learn how they act and react. 3.) Combine the two previous purposes to achieve the ability to play smarter <--- This is the goal. What I mean by playing smarter is "thinking ahead," foreseeing how your moves will play out. The ability to think ahead will help you determine the best action to inflict the most damage while conserving ammo and protecting your own health. This is the opposite of simply shooting anything that moves, and it comes with experience.

You will have mostly average days, and some bad days, and some really freaking amazing days. Those really freaking amazing days usually occur when you're hit with a stroke of genius that enables you to play smarter. And after such a great day, you usually don't forget those tactics that worked well, and they'll repeat and multiply with experience until you become a master of the game.

Good luck, practice often, and welcome to Halo!
-Durgh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sushi
Clan Member

Sushi's Guide to Pistol PWNAGE

I know a lot of tips have been said... i.e. Aim for the head (DUH!). A lot of these tips are easy to say, but how hard is it to actually carry out? want some practical tips that are easy to pick up and use? Keep Reading...

Step 1: Set your sensitivity to 4 (vertical) and 3 (horizontal). Its better to have a quicker mouse but keeping 3 for horizontal allows you to aim side to side smoothly for those "head shots".

Step 2: Aim side to side. What does that mean? Chances are your opponent WILL NOT be running in a single direction when you're in an isolated firefight in a game. Your opponent will strafe side to side...so what do you do? move your mouse left and right slightly while shooting (and strafing of course) and try to keep the crosshair at about chest level (good place to aim...will explain later). While they're strafing, it can be difficult to predict their movement, while keeping in mind where the lead should be. To compensate for this, you should aim the crosshair side to side so and the lead will take care of the rest (trust me, go try it and see what i mean).
You should aim for the chest and not the head because the lead can change in a game and the head is a VERY SMALL target and chances are most of your shots are going to miss or go over their head (its hard to keep the mouse steady and the crosshair will likely tend to inch above the head). By aiming for the chest, you are getting solid body shots (which works very effectively...should be able to kill them in less than 1 clip depending on your technique).

Step 3. Get a good STRAFE!!!! Dont move side to side...have some randomness, but make sure that the movements are big! if you make small side to side movements the technique in Step 2 will kill you almost instantly because the lag in the game compensates for your opponents "missed" shots. its best to have a general direction of movement i.e. to the right) with a couple stutter steps to throw off their lead.

With these tips in mind, you should find that you have become a more efficient killing machine. Before you question or argue any of the above tips, try them out for yourself prove them to yourself. It you believe my tips are still bogus and have a more effective method, please let me know.

Thank you.
Last edited by }SoC{Sushi on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Sushi wrote:
You should aim for the chest and not the head because the lead can change in a game and the head is a VERY SMALL target and chances are most of your shots are going to miss or go over their head (its hard to keep the mouse steady and the crosshair will likely tend to inch above the head). By aiming for the chest, you are getting solid body shots (which works very effectively...should be able to kill them in less than 1 clip depending on your technique).
Magazine <_<
Sushi wrote:
If you just plain think I dont know what I'm talking about and I'm some noob who thinks they know how to play halo, message me and I'll 1v1 you to show you I know my stuff.

Thank you.
I'll be glad to 1v1 you, I'll learn stuff, and you probably will too! =D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

VERY good tutorial, Sushi! :praise:

And you can go ahead and remove the "If you just plain think I dont know what I'm talking about and I'm some noob who thinks they know how to play halo..." because you gave enough great advice to be respected by your readers.

If a guy named Durgh can post two un-criticized articles, anybody can!
-Durgh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SGT BLOOPER

a few tricks I've learned-

When you are falling a good distance and might end up losing shields (and there's no sloped ledge to catch your fall), timing a crouch just right before impact will result in the loss of no shields at all. Also, the impact is negated. That is, you won't have that "stuck" period you get whenever you take a big fall. This can be done in multiplayer AND campaign.

Rack up assists and help your team! On derelict (or any small map), I usually just go around with the plasma pistol charge-shotting every enemy I see. That makes it easy for my teammates to take em out. VERY useful for covering the flag bearer with. This works REALLY well when you have 2 or 3 guys next to you unloading w/ pistols.

Remember, a team that uses even just a little team work/coordination will easily defeat a team that is composed of players working separately. Always think: "what would benefit my team? and not just me?" After all, it's better to get a zillion kills and win than get a gajillion kills and lose.

If you come up on someone with a fuel rod or rocket, get in CLOSE and start bashing. Not only do they risk blowing themselves up if they shoot you, but rockets and fuel rods have a slow melee attack. Keep in mind, when YOU have the rocket/fuel rod, DONT let them get close to you. A heavy weapon has great offense, but NO defense. (this doesn't work so well with flame throwers. however as a last resort, you can run into the guy and try to catch him on fire if you are on fire).

Another nasty little tactic (albeit this doesn't happen often) is when a player manages to stick you. In that case, CHASE THEM!! Run into em and blow em up with their own plasma nade. VERY humiliating. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

^You know what's even worse? Throwing a sticky at a badguy, having it bounce off his gun, and back onto you T_T

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

sry i havent been online for a long time cos of my com spoilt but i will start being active and posting multiplsyer tips again

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{elessr
Clan Member

well i would tell you my tactics but i have to play with a constant lag but when im not lagging (once every 4oo years) i tend to be sneaky unless i am looking fo revenge with a rocket then im not to sneaky lol

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

whats your ping?? im in singaore and ping is usally about 290-370

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

opiatum

Like alot of servers, yours tends to be the lower pingers doing well (kills wise). I frapsed a round on derelict where i got some good kills (and some ropey ones too :p) and thought id share before deleting the raw fiels.

Also, im just buzzing off youtube hd video where you can actually tell whats goin on :)

(Click this link then click 'watch in HD')

High ping is tricky but you do get some funny kills from it like the first one on thumper, a hs and i didnt even know he was there :p

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{elessr
Clan Member

i dont know what my ping is i just know its high before i had norton on this computer i had no lag at all but oh well

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

There are some limitations to pings in excess of 167, for example when your opponent is making small strafes from cover into the open and back again, you cannot physically lead far ahead enough of them to put a round into them before they disappear again. This is particularly visible with pistols, sniping with a high ping I find somewhat easier.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

}SoC{Lazer wrote:
^You know what's even worse? Throwing a sticky at a badguy, having it bounce off his gun, and back onto you T_T
Lol I couldn't tell you how many times that's happened to me, lol. And the other thing is when you get them and they start charging after you, lol.

By the way, sorry I've been so quiet for the past week. I've been out of town... I'll try to get on Halo tonight. Happy New Year!
-Durgh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Plasma rifle tips/hints

-They slow down the enemies walking speed in multiplayer if u shoot them

-While they cool down you can melee with them and it wont affect the cool down time

-Best uesd as a near range weapon to deplete shields when it over heats use assaultrifle/shotgun to kill the guy in a few shots as his shields will be gone

-Autofire reduces accuracy so to improve acc fire in bursts like assault rife

-Bright plasma is usefull for distracting banshees flying the air(do this so to lead it away from the guy with enemies flag)
Last edited by magnatrix on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sushi
Clan Member

Good tips

but I would just never use any plasma weapon, they're just ineffective compared to spartan weapons.

bascially, pistol and AR is a pretty good combo if u cant find any other weapons such as a sniper. I would never use a plasma pistol/rifle, needler

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

Well, something I HAVE noticed about the plasma weapons, if you aren't a good player, or you are but you've got 1 bar. The PR is the BEST weapon your team can give you, it distracts EVERYBODY, trust me. Also, if the person does hit, they slow down the enemy team which is better for you. However if all of you are good players / have full health, not that great of a choice.

I might write up a weapon/vehicle/control-point/object tutorial :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Plasma rifle tips/hints

-While they cool down you can melee with them and it wont affect the cool down time

-Best uesd as a near range weapon to deplete shields when it over heats use assaultrifle/shotgun to kill the guy in a few shots as his shields will be gone

-Bright plasma is usefull for distracting banshees flying the air(do this so to lead it away from the guy with enemies

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

I wrote it to promote plasma rifles. pls copy and paste the message above many times so others will see it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

Plasma rifles are nothing against an octopus.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

^True

But the moose pwns all.

Pwnt

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{strife
Clan Member

i have alot of tricks but ima keep them to myself :p no need for k~9, tali and everyone else to use em and kill me badly...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Chzburger
Clan Member

I was always wondering, does crouching when you hit the ground after a big fall really help you not take as much damage? I do it, but I don't know if it is just a mental thing or if it actually works.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Lazer
Clan Council

It does actually work, but since you're viewing from MC's helmet and not from ground level, you have to crouch about 5 to 10' off the ground, otherwise you've already impacted :P It takes some practice but REALLY helps.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

magnatrix wrote:
I wrote it to promote plasma rifles. pls copy and paste the message above many times so others will see it.

That's called spam.

Its all you do. And most people won't start using plasma rifles just because you try to fill their minds with hogwash about how "good" they are. They are the 2nd worst weapons in the game mind you... after needlers. So 1: stop spamming and 2: stop being so childish...

Thankyou.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{strife
Clan Member

well i dont find the plasma rifles to be that bad. I kinda like it since its an ok weapon in my book. And i was kidding about earlier so here are my tips.

Invincible Overshield

The invincible overshield, or the no-damage overshield, whichever one you want to call it, consists of precise timing that can save your life. Rocket launches, billions of frag and plasma grenades, sniper shots, anything of this sort cannot hurt you in this state. Basically, the state that i'm referring to is the recharging state. What you want to be aware of is your shield, as it can make this recharging state last longer than normal. Keyword. Recharging. That is the ONLY time that you're invincible, and that will be your key to success. Precise timing is of the essence, so be quick to grab the OS.

Crouch Landing

The crouch landing can help you land on the ground from a high altitude from little to no damage. However, there is a certain height that can be reached before you die. For example, you can't do this trick on Danger Canyon off a cliff, or on Death Island, because then you'll die. Consider the cat walk on Hang em' High, which is the top pathway in the middle of the map. You can jump down without losing your shields or health and recieve little to no damage. It's quite helpful at times.

Backpack Reload

Backpack reload is one of the many glitches used in Halo PC multiplayer today. This trick is not too difficult, and is useful against tight battles where you need to take our your secondary weapon while reloading your first one on your back. Simply press your reload button twice (Default key: R), and switch weapons. At this point, you should hear your previous weapon reloading all by itself while your secondary weapon is out. Let the gun finish reloading and bring it back out.

Double Melee

This trick can be used with any weapon, and is fairly simple as well. Press your melee button, throw a grenade, and quickly press the melee button again. The result should be visually obvious as to why this term is coined so.

Nade Accuracy

The nade accuracy trick is a rather interesting one. The ability to throw a grenade of any kind faster and accurately can give you the upper hand in matches. Basically, the user uses both the melee button to gauge where they want to throw the grenade and the grenade button to launch it. If I'm correct, this effect makes a lower arc projectile than the regular throwing, which makes it more effective to use. Using a video will describe this technique better.

Double Powerup

The double powerup is another glitch that is not common, but is really useful. Two guys can use one powerup, by standing or crouching next to a powerup that has not spawned yet. At the moment when it spawns, both will yield the power of that particular powerup.

Quick Invisibility

Using a non-scoped weapon, such as an assault rifle or plasma rifle, you can make yourself invisible in half the time when you grab the invis powerup. Just shoot your weapon, and you will see the invis take effect. This trick helps when you need to disappear fast and get out of there.

im not sure if any of you already know this but im posting it here. Try out the backpack one it comes in handy but i barely use it since i always forget. after im die i normally go "aww man shoulda used the backpack". well have fun trying these.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Noronic
Old Applicant

I can't dodge,I'm bad at moving back and forth left and right.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ryu
Clan Member

}SoC{Mator wrote:
magnatrix wrote:
That's called spam.
Its all you do. And most people won't start using plasma rifles just because you try to fill their minds with hogwash about how "good" they are. They are the 2nd worst weapons in the game mind you... after needlers. So 1: stop spamming and 2: stop being so childish...
Thankyou.
In support of plasma, needles are some of the best close range anti-personal weapons in the game. Especially good for taking down snipers. And the plasma rifle is good for taking down vehicles. It will slow them down, impedes turning for ghosts and turrets, and it will destroy shields faster than any non heavy in the game. (more accurate than plaspistol too) I will agree that double posting of something is called spam.

Also, calm down Mator (hilarious coming form me eh?) :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ph3t
Clan Member

}SoC{Ryu wrote:
}SoC{Mator wrote:
magnatrix wrote:
That's called spam.
Thankyou.
In support of plasma, needles are some of the best close range anti-personal weapons in the game. Especially good for taking down snipers. And the plasma rifle is good for taking down vehicles. It will slow them down, impedes turning for ghosts and turrets, and it will destroy shields faster than any non heavy in the game. (more accurate than plaspistol too) I will agree that double posting of something is called spam.

Also, calm down Mator (hilarious coming form me eh?) :P
plasma riffles are very useful in 1vs1s, because it slows down the enemy's movement and it takes off their shields quickly.

and here's a tip: if you're not so good at aiming, try moving in the same direction as your opponent is; its easier. this is called strafe shooting :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Shiiben
Teamspeak Admin

Invincible Overshield

The invincible overshield, or the no-damage overshield, whichever one you want to call it, consists of precise timing that can save your life. Rocket launches, billions of frag and plasma grenades, sniper shots, anything of this sort cannot hurt you in this state. Basically, the state that i'm referring to is the recharging state. What you want to be aware of is your shield, as it can make this recharging state last longer than normal. Keyword. Recharging. That is the ONLY time that you're invincible, and that will be your key to success. Precise timing is of the essence, so be quick to grab the OS.
Be warned, a melee that would kill you in one hit will still kill you. The reason I don't say strictly to the back because there are a couple points in the front of the character model that kill instantly.
plasma riffles are very useful in 1vs1s, because it slows down the enemy's movement and it takes off their shields quickly.
I'm with the bird here. While Plasma Rifles may not seem effective in a large battle, on an individual scale they are much more efficient. Would I run into a group of five people with just it? Nope. Would I with a pistol? No.
Crouch Landing

The crouch landing can help you land on the ground from a high altitude from little to no damage. However, there is a certain height that can be reached before you die. For example, you can't do this trick on Danger Canyon off a cliff, or on Death Island, because then you'll die. Consider the cat walk on Hang em' High, which is the top pathway in the middle of the map. You can jump down without losing your shields or health and recieve little to no damage. It's quite helpful at times.
Well. Just to clarify, you CAN jump off the cliffs in Death Island or Danger Canyon, but it won't be a straight jump. You'll want to slide down the wall. Thinking about it, I think you can get down from the top of Death Island within a few seconds from any spot, but I can't say for sure. Danger Canyon for sure though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I will admit that all weapons have their place in halo, as well as their pros and cons. However, alot of the pro's that magantatrix said either don't apply or were just invented on the spot.

Players shouldn't need plasma rifles to kill other players, and it really shouldn't be used in most circumstances. It has major spread and is horrible in comparison with a pistol.

Sure you CAN use it in certain circumstances, but on almost every occassion its either not nescessary or will get you killed or isn't as useful as certain other weapons.

You don't need skill to use a plasma rifle or a needler, but you do need skill to use a pistol. Thus, players should work on their skill with the pistol.

Also, I am very sure that you would be unable to lead your shots with a plasma rifle to do any harm to a vehicle at all. And in most cases, you can just use a grenade to kill the vehicle, or a heavy.

Overall, Assault Rifles, Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, and Needlers do not compare to other weapons in the game.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{BDragn
Clan Member

well put mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Ryu
Clan Member

-Bright plasma is usefull for distracting banshees flying the air(do this so to lead it away from the guy with enemies flag)
Which ones are made up? They slow enemies, you can melee while you 'reload' (can't with a pistol), better for shield dmg and gives fast death with a shotty, using bursts is always better, shots that 'trail', like sniper and plasma are useful for attracting vehicles, especially if you want them to not notice the guy with the flag.

If you play bloodgulch, the plasma rifle and shotgun combo are good for taking down hogs. Hit the hog or ghost with the plasma, which disregards most of the armor from the vehicle, and then shotgun the drivers to kill. Granted a heavy will get it done better.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ph3t
Clan Member

You don't need skill to use a plasma rifle or a needler, but you do need skill to use a pistol. Thus, players should work on their skill with the pistol.
Sorry but i'd have to disagree, Mator xD
Strategy > Skill

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Well im back i havent posted for a long time.First of all i am sorry for causing alot of misunderstanding by posting about the plasma rifles,Mator(u cant even spell my name correctly) as i said it was only to promote the use of plasma rifles and u think that those were made up on the spot tatics,many say that they were useful
proph3t wrote:
Strategy > Skill
Mator i just dont understand why u are always critising my posts when they are obviously are of some use as u said i am childish look at your self always you dont really post much useful stuff on this topic yet u still say what i post is useless made or up on the spot matthew7:1,3,5 (do not judge or you too will be judged)/(why do you look at the speck of sawdustin your blother'seye and pay no attentionto the plank in your own eye)/(you hypocrite,first take the plank out of your own eye ,and then you will seee clearly to remove the speck fr your brothers eye).i would be the best for this part of the forum if u contributed to posting useful tips not judging my tips most of the time.

!f u want pistol tips here:

1.If ping is laggy and you are engaged in a pistol fight fire where u think the enemy will be at by the time the pistol shot signal reaches the server perhaps throw a frag in his path.

2.Never engage distant enemies using auto-fire use semi automatic fire instead.Auto fire it reduces accuracy alot and u waste time reloading aft firing shots that dont hit u may die in the process and waste ammo.

3.if enemy gets near to you never melee him even if pistol clip is empty from firing at him switch to other wpn and firs the pistol shots should weaken/diminish shields an other wpn should kill him.

4.SPAM MESSAGE!!!-continue to post the plasma rifle tips i posted THIS IS TO HELP PROMOTE THE USE OF PLASMA RIFLE OR ELSE WE SHOULD JUST USE PISTOLS AND HEAVIES to play halo :D :D :D

Stay active on the }SoC{ servers :Dits hard to find people playing there :D
- LinkinPark rules-

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Plasma rifle tips/hints

-Bright plasma is usefull for distracting banshees flying the air(do this so to lead it away from the guy with enemies :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tali
Teamspeak Admin

Learn to use the assault rifle >.> I know people who can roll most other people with an assault rifle while the others use a shotgun (And those people with the shotgun don't just fail =\). I know most prefer the shotgun, but you don't always have it, and you don't normally spawn with it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Shiiben
Teamspeak Admin

I will admit that all weapons have their place in halo, as well as their pros and cons. However, alot of the pro's that magantatrix said either don't apply or were just invented on the spot.
I'm with Ryu. Which were invented on the spot or don't apply? Elaborate please.
Players shouldn't need plasma rifles to kill other players, and it really shouldn't be used in most circumstances. It has major spread and is horrible in comparison with a pistol.
The pistol is really the only weapon that can be used in all situations. Every weapon has its place.
Uh. Dude. The pistol has horrible spread too when you shoot it full auto.If you actually click like you do to get good accuracy with a pistol, the plasma rifle has just as amazing accuracy. Try it sometime.
Sure you CAN use it in certain circumstances, but on almost every occassion its either not nescessary or will get you killed or isn't as useful as certain other weapons.
Again, you just have to use it right. If you try to use a pistol versus a sniper and super long range distance. You're going to die.
Uh. What? Needlers take skill. Or atleast knowledge of when to use them. If you try to use them in the wide open, you will die.
How does the plasma rifle not take skill? You've got to aim, just like you do the pistol. It just takes MORE accuracy because you have to hit more.
Also, I am very sure that you would be unable to lead your shots with a plasma rifle to do any harm to a vehicle at all. And in most cases, you can just use a grenade to kill the vehicle, or a heavy.
Unless your team mates have the heavies, and you don't have any grenades. o.O Just saying. It has its use.
Overall, Assault Rifles, Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, and Needlers do not compare to other weapons in the game.
Uh. Assault Rifle > Shotgun. Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol are support weapons. They have their use, you just shouldn't base your entire game strategy on them.
And the needler...well...I'm not a fan, but again, it has its moments.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

}SoC{BDragn wrote:
well put mator
Thank you B.
}SoC{Ryu wrote:
Which ones are made up? They slow enemies, you can melee while you 'reload' (can't with a pistol), better for shield dmg and gives fast death with a shotty, using bursts is always better, shots that 'trail', like sniper and plasma are useful for attracting vehicles, especially if you want them to not notice the guy with the flag.

If you play bloodgulch, the plasma rifle and shotgun combo are good for taking down hogs. Hit the hog or ghost with the plasma, which disregards most of the armor from the vehicle, and then shotgun the drivers to kill. Granted a heavy will get it done better.
Distracting vehicles, whats the point of it? With a pistol you lose maybe 1 second in reloading before you can melee (and you can just switch weapons to melee if need be). I can understand this post if it is just telling people HOW to use plasma rifles, but not if it trying to convince them to use plasma rifles ALL THE TIME. (which is what it sounded like at the time).

A plasma rifle and shotgun combo good for taking down hogs eh? Well as soon as someone with a pistol sees you your a sitting duck. A moving target. In other words, your dead. And which is better at short range might I ask? Shotgun. You always need or should keep a pistol, it is the best weapon in the game. That means you have one slot to fill with a short range weapon or another long range.
proph3t wrote:
Strategy > Skill
I disagree, when I 1v1ed you I had strategy, sure, you were unable to find me plenty of times due to my "strategy" however, when it came down to who killed who, your "skill" always triumphed over my "strategy."
magnatrix wrote:
Well im back i havent posted for a long time.First of all i am sorry for causing alot of misunderstanding by posting about the plasma rifles,Mator(u cant even spell my name correctly) as i said it was only to promote the use of plasma rifles and u think that those were made up on the spot tatics,many say that they were useful
proph3t wrote:
Strategy > Skill
Mator i just dont understand why u are always critising my posts when they are obviously are of some use as u said i am childish look at your self always you dont really post much useful stuff on this topic yet u still say what i post is useless made or up on the spot matthew7:1,3,5 (do not judge or you too will be judged)/(why do you look at the speck of sawdustin your blother'seye and pay no attentionto the plank in your own eye)/(you hypocrite,first take the plank out of your own eye ,and then you will seee clearly to remove the speck fr your brothers eye).i would be the best for this part of the forum if u contributed to posting useful tips not judging my tips most of the time.

!f u want pistol tips here:

1.If ping is laggy and you are engaged in a pistol fight fire where u think the enemy will be at by the time the pistol shot signal reaches the server perhaps throw a frag in his path.

2.Never engage distant enemies using auto-fire use semi automatic fire instead.Auto fire it reduces accuracy alot and u waste time reloading aft firing shots that dont hit u may die in the process and waste ammo.

3.if enemy gets near to you never melee him even if pistol clip is empty from firing at him switch to other wpn and firs the pistol shots should weaken/diminish shields an other wpn should kill him.

4.SPAM MESSAGE!!!-continue to post the plasma rifle tips i posted THIS IS TO HELP PROMOTE THE USE OF PLASMA RIFLE OR ELSE WE SHOULD JUST USE PISTOLS AND HEAVIES to play halo :D :D :D

Stay active on the }SoC{ servers :Dits hard to find people playing there :D
- LinkinPark rules-
I'm sorry I mispelled your name magnatrix**, but I bet if you attempted to say my name you'd mispronounce it. So were even.
I don't think you really should be 'selling' weapons to people in a tactics/tips thread. I know it doesn't apply to me EXCEPT in 1v1's, and you didn't mention that so much as once.
Not only that, you haven't proved yourself as a respectable and good source so you can't really be making or giving such 'advice' that completely changes people's gameplay. I know for one thing that your posts aren't going to make me change how I'm playing. I'm sure that they won't change how proph3t or tech or zulu play either. Or anyone on the battle squad for that matter. The only people who are likely to change their style of play are those who aren't extremely skilled at halo. And by changing their style of play you are only CONFUSING them and making them WORSE at halo. The plasma rifle is only good in select circumstances, but your posts can be interpretted as if you were saying you should use them ALL THE TIME. You aren't being clear and aren't thinking these posts out. You are hurting players gameplay more then you are helping it.
You contradict yourself about being childish at the end of your post, #4. However, I shouldn't be directing insults, that doesn't solve problems.
If you were to go back a few pages you would find my gigantic list of tips. Which is far more helpful and relevant and real in halo then any and all of your tips. Not only that, even though I believe and know that my tips/tricks/strategies/tactics are more helpful, I haven't relentlessly spammed my tips just because I want people to read them.
Your tips are also quite biased towards your opinion that people should use pistols and heavies less often, which allows me to discredit them.
And you lack ALOT of important tips and provie alot of unimportant or irrelevant ones.
Your #4 is quite ridiculous, not only are you BREAKING forum rules, but you are being hopelessly immature and rude by spamming and encouraging spamming.

Good Day,
Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Guys, please, cool it down. This doesn't need to become an argument. If it needs to be discussed further, PM function is over there >

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Okay. Sorry -.-

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Just wanna say mator u are right no pros would not believe this plasma rifle thing but i wanted those n00bs to try plasma rifles and give them an idea of the plasma rifles in multiplayer. You are righ about the pistol part personally i only use pistols, those secrets i want to keep to myself which is why others that read my posts think i dont know how to use them like you. You shoulld reconsider what you post such as u dont even post any tips at all u still dont and just waste space on this forum u should stop being...............and start to contribute to this part of the forum like me. I forgot to say though the part for distracting vechiles is to draw banshees away from the guy holding the flag while they search 4 him and common sense should tell you that PP are useless against vechiles but that combo is good for enclosed spaces.And if u want to talk about skills i would like to see it on on of the soc servers if u got much ,maybe u are just talking since u just found out that the pistol is the best weapon on halo.

Finally,start comtributing to this forum instead of taking up space with next-to useless posts.Thank you its the best for this clan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Shiiben
Teamspeak Admin

A.) That was rude. o.O

B.) The plasma pistol can take out the shields of all the people in a hog, in one shot. Great for a follow up by a shotgun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Musket you should see how rude hes been to me in the last few pages, and the plasma pistol thing is right but mator dosent believe it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

magnatrix wrote:
Finally,start comtributing to this forum instead of taking up space with next-to useless posts.Thank you its the best for this clan.
Magnatrix, I have made more contributions to this forum then you can even dream of making, so watch it.
magnatrix wrote:
Just wanna say mator u are right no pros would not believe this plasma rifle thing but i wanted those n00bs to try plasma rifles and give them an idea of the plasma rifles in multiplayer. ... those secrets i want to keep to myself which is why others that read my posts think i dont know how to use them like you.
And you shouldn't be trying to trick those who know less then you. Thats a sin, and its wrong.

@ Musket: We were talking about plasma rifle I thought...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Shiiben
Teamspeak Admin

I will participate in minor quarrels over gameplay issues for quite a while, but this has gone too far. There have been, and are again more personal attacks. For the ones previously I kept quiet and let a Guardian take care of it, but I'm speaking now.

I don't know if you ignored previous warning or whatever, and it really isn't any of my concern. What matters here is that this thread has turned into an area for personal attacks, rather than an area to discuss Halo Tactics. You both have belittled the other enough, and it should end here. Does a post saying 'Your post has no point' even really have point of its own?

I'm going to leave you with two things.

The first is a personal request: Stop the personal attacks on each other, and stick to discussing the points at hand. I realize some would tell you to just go to private messages, but then the arguments will continue, but just will be private, so the bad 'vibe' will still be there.

The second is to just read through some of these verses.

[bible="Titus 3: 1-2"]1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good,
2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.[/bible]

[bible="Matthew 7: 3-5]3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.[/bible]

[bible="Ephesians 4:29"]29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.[/bible]
The Proud Tongue wrote:

The Bible also speaks of the proud tongue. Psalm 12:3-4 says, "The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?" The most annoying Christians in the world are those with proud tongues because a proud tongue usually comes with two closed ears! Proud- tongued Christians are generally so full of themselves that they learn very little from anyone else. A proud-tongued Christian will talk much of his knowledge and service, but very little about the Lord.

In a church, a proud-tongued Christian will make all sorts of suggestions about how the church should function, yet his suggestions, if received, will place burdens on everyone but himself. A proud- tongued Christian is hard to teach or reason with because he thinks he knows everything.

Friend, God hates a proud tongue. Allow the Holy Spirit to use your tongue in the way of humility and kindness because pride will only quench God's Spirit and damage your testimony.

Source

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

}SoC{Mator wrote:
Ok, I will teach you guys a few tricks you may not know too...

Jumping/landing:
Always crouch when you land, also you can jump from high places if you land on a ramp at least 50°...

Shooting: Always shoot in front of a person, shoot where they will be. With pistols a little bit in front, snipers alot...

Nades... nade where you think someone will go, not where they are.

When sniping, press crouch when you aim and shoot, not only will this make some enemies headshots miss, it moves the crosshairs in such a way so that the shot affects a wider area (tested and proved).

Melee... Use melee whenever you can, if you are behind someone then just chase them then melee thier back (instant kill). Melee takes 3 body hits to kill a person who has 100% shields. A hit to the back is instant kill... Therby hitting someones back is very good... Try to spin arround someone while meleeing, or jump to the side of them and melee. When meleeing, move forward with you melee, then back .20 of a second before you hit... Melee has range, use it! If someone is in the air, spin behind them and melee... Intant kill... If you melee the back of the head, thats an instant kill too! 2 shots to the body and one shot to the head is an instant kill with 100% shields.

With hogs, try spinning when you hit people, this helps with lag!

Chuck a frag nade 2 seconds before a hog is about to be over it to kill the person in the hog...

Jump and move arround vehicles to avoid contact...

Crouch to avoid being run over by ghosts...

Snipe people when their in a tank, aim for the seat they are at, its an instant kill!

Stand on portals to portal camp, mvoe back when your screen turns white so much as a tiny bit, melee at the same time, Instant kill!

Put vehicles over portals to block the portals.

Reload after every shot unless you are in combat.

If you melee right as masterchief puts the ammo into the gun, you will have a reloaded gun 0.5 seconds early, this counts!

Nade + melee is a good combination for sticking and for fun kills... (you press melee and nade at same time)

Melee + Nade + Melee, a double melee that also chucks a grenade, a deadly yet hard combination...

Interpret your enemies next move, so you can be ready! Get to places where the enemy will have a hard time finding you, this helps! (such as above the door on dangercanyon...)

To get above the door on danger canyon: Get a fuel rod, and right before you exit tunnels to go to enemies base, look at the ledge above the door... Run + Jump + shoot down with rod to get up here...

You can also use a frag grenade to get you up...

If the enemy comes in, let them move a ways first then shoot, if they see you fire at will... and changing positions is good after they see you... Nades won't affect you unless put right underneath you, in that case jump up so the explosion doesn't affect you.

Erm....

Yeah thats probably all I can explain for now... so cheers!
Thats a single post by me of my contributions to this thread. And I will stop be-littleing you magnatrix if you do not belittle me and you do not spam.

Thanks,
Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

Good i can finally login,hi everyone i will now post the last message regarding mators postsand stop taking up space we will
To musket:ok i will stop argueing cos of those verses u showed us even if mator provokes me any more i will try to stop

To mator:first of all i want to say ever since i joined this clan u have been p!ssing me off by critising comments, what do u define as spam??posting the same msg 2/3 times with a period of 1 month, now i will stop belittleing u mator if you stop commenting on every post i make and if u want to know u belittled me first. Now if u continue belittleing me i may msg one of the clan heads and request for them 2 do something abt u if u keep pestering me. so hopefully this post will calm you down and let me join this clan because of the reason i wanted :to have fun. and if u must know i nvr wanted to belittle in the first place but since u started i had 2 continue.hopefully we can have peace and forget about it.

OK if u wan to know abt that last tip u posted in last msg abt camping on that ledge the weakness are let me put in a story format:mator fuel rod jumps on that ledge if i go there he will kill me,i crouch and then walk to under him without appearing on radar,i use pistol aim at his foot and fire 3 shots.I have tested this out and the person on the ledge cannot see you underneath he will kill you only if he ju mps away and fuel rods you

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
266 posts Page 5 of 6