The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
266 posts Page 4 of 6

}SoC{Chump
Clan Member

Does anyone have any tips to use on people that snipe?
I always have trouble with snipers.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

Take cover?

LOL I'm curious as well. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

Counter-snipe. After they kill you once, you know their position, but they don't know yours. Take advantage of that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yeah... but another thing. LEAD.

You gotta know where your target is going. Think before they do. For example, you see someone spawn at red base, instantly you should begin to calculate your position so you can get into a place so you can have visibility to the portal so when they go through, BOOM HEADSHOT.

And you always have to shoot ahead of where they are going.

:mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ZEDD
Clan Member

Rattail1492 wrote:
Halo rule number 1: NEVER, EVER, EVER TAKE THE HOG OUT BY YOURSELF. EVER. I personally believe that doing so justifies a rocket to the face, and if it weren't so difficult/wasteful to do so, I'd hold up to that... But seriously, take a ghost or something.
If your gunner gets killed in a firefight and your being chased by a ghost..

YOU CANNOT OUT RUN THEM> get off use the hog as cover and try to nade the ghost.
if you have a rocket hog use it. but you can still get off.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Lets put it this way...

Ghost > Hog

The ghost is far more mobile and can fire shots that slow the player. A good ghost player will kill you the second you get in the hog, and even if its a rocket hog you get ownt.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

I was going for ways to dodge a sniper... are there any hints?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Dodging a sniper... lots of people strafe only side to side, as in pressing A and D alternately. Whilst this makes you harder to hit from the front, anyone you haven't seen to your side is lining up a headshot on you right now...

Try and move in figures of eight, so do a full rotation of the WASD, and then backwards again. I don't know the exact keys, but if you move in two dimensions on the ground, you're a harder target for more than one enemy. Also vary the position of your figures of eight. Move to the left one time, then maybe go forward and to the right slightly, etc.

If you're on a long, exposed platform with enemy rounds incoming, and nowhere to hide (example. the cliffs on gephyrobia), then move backwards and forwards, but more forwards than backwards so that you can get to the portal, and then duck occasionally, throwing off any headshots coming your way. Remember to do this facing the enemy portal, so you don't get an unexpected fuel rod to the back or anything. Oh, and don't jump, and shooting before your enemy always helps :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I'm a pro at dodging, but I can't shoot when I do my uber dodging technique xD

First off, move left right and forward, crouch and then go backwards, left, up, back, right, right, left, back, left, right. Something like that works really well. Never jumping is good too. Never walk in one direction continuosly, and don't repeat a pattern (aka left, right, left, right).

You have to mix it up. Right left, Right... Right... Left Right, left... right... left right left.

And you don't have to look at them the whole time, :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Chump
Clan Member

I mostly move left to right, but sooner or later the sniper got smart.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Exactly!!! Thats why you nered to do more diverse movement strategies then that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

A good sniper will kill you before you know they're sniping you though. So spazmodic changes in direction won't be useful unless they aren't very good in the first place. Unless you're constantly spazzing. But then you don't get anywhere in a hurry.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Chump
Clan Member

Well, what I'm trying to get at is how can I dodge a sniper when I'm out in the open?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Pretty much what's just been gone over, moving in as many directions as possible. Stressing the point that you should never jump, a good sniper will work out where your head is going to be when you land, place his crosshair over it and fire. If you are counter-sniping, do most of the aiming with the WASD keys, and this should help you dodge at the same time as getting a few shots at your opponent.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Good point leady.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

[HOA]Ajax

}SoC{MåTôR wrote:
I'm a pro at dodging, but I can't shoot when I do my uber dodging technique xD

First off, move left right and forward, crouch and then go backwards, left, up, back, right, right, left, back, left, right. Something like that works really well. Never jumping is good too. Never walk in one direction continuosly, and don't repeat a pattern (aka left, right, left, right).

You have to mix it up. Right left, Right... Right... Left Right, left... right... left right left.

And you don't have to look at them the whole time, :)

Ducking works wonders as well. Mix it in with your movement and keep pressing the "crouch" key. I do a Break dance impression every time someone shoots at me. :P

Oh and I don't know if this have been covered yet (11 pages is a lot to read through lol) But A good Lone wolf player can easily win the game for his team. If you solo it in CTF, don't even think about taking a vehicle. It lights you up like a Christmas tree. Just go on foot, try not to shoot things unless they've spotted you, stick to the shadows and move up on their base. Wait for a lull in the battle and sneak inside, before you grab the flag, make sure you've got a vehicle to scram in. I've been stuck a couple of times when I didn't check beforehand and there weren't any vehicles to drive away in. Sometimes a Sneaky Lone wolf can get through a defense that a fully loaded hog backed by a tank couldn't hope to scratch. Lone wolf doesn't mean teamplayer, it is just a different type of teamwork. Just my 2 cents.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Packer
Clan Member

double melee owns to do it press melee (f) grenade (right click) melee (f) makes ur enemy have 1 bar of health on a normal shield game :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I said double melee like 10 times already :evil:

:laughhard:

And that lone wolf thing really does work wonders. Buts its even better if you have a teammate come and pick you up when you run outa the base.

What I mean is, you grab flag, walk out back door, and while your walking out, your teammate is driving by in a warthog at full speed, and you press e and get into the side seat while he is still moving, and you rush straight back home. (specifically BG but works other places too!)

You can also do a lone wolf thing with a vehicle, I prefer ghost, simply sneak up on the base, drop the ghost off at the back, rush in, grab flag, get into ghost, and run.

You can also do a quick grab. In this strategy you use a vehicle, drive into a base (like death island) hop out of the moving ghost while you move by the flag, and hop in while the ghost is still moving. This looks like a ghost just driving straight thru the base full speed grabbing the flag. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

enix
Old Applicant

Sidewinder coming from red base take a vehicle up the at the opposite end of map near teleporter to upstairs blue, run grab flag teleport out, grab vehicle drive like crazy. Maybe using a difference entrance or waiting a while in case blue sees you, can enter from downstairs exit from upstairs.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{JINXX
Clan Member

chhh, wow, do a sorta lika h2 tactic, the noob shot, full charge ur plasma pistol, shoot to get their shiel off, and then shoot them with ur shotgun, because thats the most like the BR in halo 2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

iCEtIM
Old Applicant

}SoC{A'den wrote:
If you have any special tricks, strategies or tactics to use in Multiplayer, post 'em! Any weapon, any map, anything!

For instance, a good tactic with the assault rifle is to throw a frag at someone and spray em with full auto before the grenade detonates: the loss of shielding doesn't have to be much in order to allow the grenade to take the person out.

Island Of Death

Use the trees near the bases -
Drop onto them from the clif above with sniper guns or rocket launchers and crouch. Its very difficult to be seen by the others untill you start fireing so wait for the right moment! The trees are to the left of the base as you come out and on the right below the gun turrets.

Hover Over tele ports with Banche or Ghost (Better with ghost)

Use a ghost to hover over the oponants tele pad as they exit on top of the island. Its good to have someone with you whos a good shot with a sniper to cover the other exit near the gun turrets. Do this with three (third to cover walking up from the middle) and you control the top of the island. GOOD LUCK!!

Note: Be carefull be hover in the center as people with tanks can get far enough out to shoot you other wise!

Use the cloke to sneak into reds base.

If you leave the base and run round the corner on the right through the arch, on the right is a rock with a rocket launcher. Collect. After that on your right again is another large tunnel. half way along as you go up is are two rocks on the left. There you will find a cloke. Collect, turn around and run back out the way you came but go right towards the enemy base. Keeping as close to the wall as ossible you can get right into the base and steal the flag.

Note: To escape. If your friends are doing the tacktic above then you can run through there tele pad on the RIGHT as your running into the base and get onto the top. There should be a spare ghost to fly down. Or a sacrifice by droping off by your base and passing the flag on can win a game.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Those stategies are ok, but pretty basic!

And work on your spellignng? :P

Its spelled Cloak and most people call it camoflauge.

It spelled Banshee and most people call it just shee.

Cliff*

Portals*

Opponents*

Red's

Possible*

Tactic*

:)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{deyth
Clan Member

the best tactic i think is shoot them in the head b4 u get shot and hope that someone else isnt shooting at u

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Lol thats common sense not tactics.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Chump
Clan Member

Has anyone ever tried camping? :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Camping r fun.

Campign = good :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

when in a really close range fire fight equip a pistol ,duck aim at the dude,s head(this is for accuracy and the enemy will think u are a n00b and do not what to do and just stand not moving there firing at u) and autofire the first 2 shots will deplete his shields :shock: and his health will b gone in one headshot[flash=][/flash].hope this hlps any n006s out there :D (see u all online my halo name is spartan 117(no spacing and no capital))

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

use fuel rod jumping to reach places u normally cant........danger canyon wall hack to teleport to other side by using wall ram glitch to get flag instantly

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

Which is NOT allowed in our servers. ^ ( The wall hack)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Please do not post glitches and / or ledges on this thread.

Not only are they not tricks, they are not allowed in the servers and shouldn't be told to people.

Thankyou.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Scorch
Old Applicant

jerrold...read the rules

FRG jumps will kill noobs
waste ammo
attract attention. And if u r in a close range pistol fight, nades work a lot better. double melee with stickies. Half the time when someone ducks, I do a melee jump or a stick. Crouching makes u dam slow, and if the guy jumps, your aim goes off really fast.

At close range, I prefer AR to shotgun, you can just retreat out of shottie's effective range and burst-fire or nade

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Crumpt
Clan Member

Scorch, please watch your language.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Scorch
Old Applicant

OK, sorry about that. Will try to control myself from now on.

BTW, anyone know how to reach the bottom of Gephyrophobia?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

kwang ik its some thing called MODS not that uve heard of such a thing since u cant shoot for nuts or play for nuts or do anythin on halo for nuts . no one frag jumps any more we fuel rod jumpn less damage that way.now for some TIPS:mainly camping at porters, throwing nades at entrances or exits when an enemy comes (refer to motion tracker) dont move so he wont know ur there then fire him downwhen u got the flag on gulch dont use the front entrance at yer base cos a rocket hog might fire at you .u die . they take the flag away

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Scorch
Old Applicant

huh, I can shoot and I can mod. Just never heard of a mod specially for rod jumping.
Is going on top of battle creek, timberland sidewinder etc considered glitching?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

scorch sry bout the 'cant do any thing for nuts' thing cos it was just a joke cos u r as good as me................dont get kena offended

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

If you guys don't have tricks to offer don't post here.

Going ontop of maps where you are going through or bypassing an invisible barrier is considered glitching.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Jon
Clan Member

here is one if you are in a mele fight :lightsaber: :lightsaber: :lightsaber: :lightsaber: :lightsaber: press f then throw a frag right after that then press f imidently it lets you hit 2 timmes in the time it takes to hit 1 time

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Its called double melee.

You melee then melee and nade at the same time. I prefer using plasma nades because you can get sticks sometimes. :mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Scorch
Old Applicant

Pointblank sticking is a pretty good way to get kills. Just make sure they don't charge you like an Elite.

Double melee is also a good way to throw nades faster (especially on an inf nades server)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

ive never tried that before. of u got the flag in enemy gulch base jump to any enemies so they cant grenade you and whack couple times as the flag is faster /more powerful than normal melees them trust me this really works i got a thriple kill with the flag in enemy base :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Scorch
Old Applicant

Go through portal, take a half step back and melee empty air. In about five seconds, you'll get a kill.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Wah scorch?

Thats only with uber lag.

:|

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

that might work scorch though the guy might have ran forward to find you.its possible to get the hog up on gulch base without uising ammo/nades/mods/glitches/cheats PM me i tell you how,too long to type here.stand on an over turned scorpion ,flip it u will fly up for a whilethrow nades in enemy/vechile path not their current positoin,try jumping in all sorts of funny plasces to camp eg:danger canyon in the tunnels when u immediately enter the tunnels look up there should be a ledge then get a hog uo the area sliding upwards jump on turret jumo on ledge, do this in enemy bases :D :D :D :D :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Magnetatrix, you put to much stuff in this thread :| Make a video text doesn't suffice.

And if you do make a video, use good grammar.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

magnatrix
Old Applicant

!)$%*#&%$^*$@*%$*$*(not allowed to curse) with my grammar man i get good english results

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I do apologise, I didn't really phrase what I said well...

I think that it'd be nicer if you didn't post so many different posts with all the tactics that you can think of. And also, make your posts clearer. I personally have trouble understanding all the tactics you post. Also, don't repeat tactics. Finally, try not to make so many posts, and try to put all of your tactics into 1 big post.

This is for your good as well as everyone elses.

Thanks...

Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

Durgh's Radar Appreciation Course

One thing I can't stress enough is that players should learn how to rely on their radars. A good number of my kills come from using my radar to predict when to fire and throw a nade. Here are just a couple scenarios I encounter all the time (the major points are underlined):

1.) In Blood Gulch I can stay alive for a while by hanging out in the back door of the base with a shot gun. And I don't step back behind the wall, waiting for the enemy to come in; I stand right in the doorway, watching the enemy vehicle circle around my base on my radar. I rely on my radar to know when to fire at the passing or stopping vehicle. And I've discovered that the shotgun is just as effective on moving vehicles as it is on players who are standing still -- just be sure you're aiming at the player (the side of the vehicle), not the vehicle itself.

2.) In Sidewinder, when you're upstairs and excpecting enemies to come through the teleporter with heavy weapons, you can go out to the edge and go left or right (respective to which base you're at) to hide behind the wall. Keep an eye on your radar, and when you see the red dots, don't run out and attack. Instead, let them think they're alone. And when they let their guard down, throw a nade behind them to knock out their shields, then make your attack.

3.) When you're playing free-for-all Slayer in Chiron(can't-remember-the-number), don't run around aimlessly, feeling like you can never find anybody: Stop, take a look at your radar, and go through the teleporter that's in the general direction of the red dots on the radar. You may find your targets on the other side, but beware of armed grenades!

4.) In Boarding Action, keeping tabs on all the red dots in your vicinity can help you out allot: If you know where the enemy is in your base, you can take the teleporter to the other side, and (using your upper-hand kowledge) you'll know exactly where to snipe. Knowing where the red dots in your base are can also make you more alert of snipers aiming at you.

5.) I've been saved many times by my radar, telling me an enemy vehicle is coming up behind me. It lets me know whether I have any hope to evade, or if I should just drop a nade at my feet and take the Hog with me :D

General points about using your radar for the offense:
1.) When I'm sniping I keep an eye on my radar to make sure nobody is sneaking up behind me.
2.) The element of surprise is especially useful in Halo, because the enemy is too busy to notice that you're lying in wait, like a ninja with 8 grenades, a pistol, and a rocket launcher. :saycheese:
3.) If you want to be like a ninja: don't move, don't alert yourself to the enemy, let them fall into your trap.

Be like a ninja. Train well.
-Durgh
Last edited by }SoC{Durgh on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Durgh
Clan Member

Scorch wrote:
Go through portal, take a half step back and melee empty air. In about five seconds, you'll get a kill.
Stay there long enough, you'll see a beautiful white light. :mrgreen:

R.I.P., :angle:
-Durgh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

You can't stress that enough, Radar is the key to many victories.

Radar helps ninja tactics... alot.

A cool occasion was once on Boarding Action CTF, I was on the Flag level. I was looking down on the CAMO side. I had seen a red dot on my radar. So I jumped down, turned arround, and meleed. I instant killed a guy going up the ladder. It was epic. :mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
266 posts Page 4 of 6