The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
266 posts Page 3 of 6

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Never, ever, hang around in the middle of Chiron for too long. There are too many directions to be attacked from, plus nades are very hard to get away from, what with the walls and other players all over the place. Stick to nading the enemy base, retreating round the corner, and then popping your head out again to burst off 3 or 4 shots. And repeat until you die.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

wat is that supposed to mean stryx ?? :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

Lol sheep, sorry to tell you, but you is a slayer man. So if your not playing slayer... Hope i'm there for KOTH or CTF :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

what!!!
ima team player!!!!!!!.......right???
ask any1 i played wit ...and they'll tell u :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

Didn't say your not, but you are best at slayer (team or no). At least from what I've seen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Instant kill: Full charged plasma pistol shot and a melee in the head.

Never stop moving back n' forth.

Learn how to use your terrain to your advantage, duck behind a hill when you reload, or climb over rocks and walls to get to places other people can't get to.

Be ready. Don't let the enemy surprise you.

Watch the nades, every nade is dodgeable if you see it when they throw it.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

not jarred's nades....ther like invisible

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

Ooh, back to tactics... Keep the Heavys from SetApt... Played Sidewinder in server 1 earlier today with him... got pwned and saw my body fly from ballistic missiles at close range and alien energy flingers.
And generally just get the fuel rod/rocket launcher to any good '#3vy n33b' on your team.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

sigh...let me make this clear. any1 who holds a heavy, is not a noob!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

If I were called a 'heavy noob' or 'shee noob' or 'sniper noob', 'tank noob' etc, I take it as a compliment. It means they are getting mad at being killed so often that they get mad, and the only thing they kind yell at you about is the weapons you're using.

I didn't mean it as an insult.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

i really have no tactic when i play...it just cums to me :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

yea... I have 'tactic' which basicly is what I do... scenarios have answers, and I give those answers.

nice sig

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

well said rukh
thank you :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

out of ammo=RUN!!!
holding flag=RUN!!!
being shot at by snipe=RUN!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

In hog without gunner=dead. By me.

Especially if you're on my team. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

I've made it in and out of enemy base without a gunner... especially in Danger Canyon
I don't see whats so 'dead' about it...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

The fact that you have no defense? A single ghost can take you out. Easy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

(for the record, it drives me absolutely nuts when you've got an 8 vs 8, and somehow ALL THE WARTHOGS leave without gunners!!)

I've said it before: If you're going solo, TAKE A GHOST!

There are other players who are more than willing to take advantage of the multiple positions on a warthog, and use it the way it's meant to be. If you take it away on a solo run, they can't do that. That leaves 1 moving warthog to get shot at, and 2 people needlessly on foot.

If we play nice and share, then the solo guy can fight back with his ghost cannons, and the other two guys can charge in with a barrage of deadly lead poisoning. Both of these are super helpful in getting the flag back safely.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

The reason I go solo with a Hog is for two reasons 1.) Everyone else at base is AFK and/or no Ghosts at base 2.) I drive Hogs better, and prefer to use them over Ghosts because its harder for snipers to get me (somewhat), and I run into less stuff/flip/rollover/etc.

If people are spawned at base, I give them 5seconds to get in. If they don't I drive.
Race I give 'em 2 seconds to start heading me way with no other team near. If other team is near I just drive.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

Oh, I do it all the time in race. Mostly because everybody else is racing, and I'm stuck with nobody to get in. I just figure I'd do the team better good if I just try racing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Good tactic for race: have one ghost in front of a hog with driver/gunner. The ghost takes out and slows down enemy vehicles, whilst the hog (chaingun) mows down the infantry. And both can run people over too. Also, on timberland, when you get to a checkpoint by a base, dont go straight on. Turn left 90 degrees and jump off the cliff, spinning if you need to to stay balanced. Much quicker than going round.

Edit: New tactic I found out. It's probably not new to other people but here goes anyway: When on Boarding Action, try and grab the snipe and stay where it spawns so you can keep loading up on ammo. When you see enemy players going up ladders, put your crosshair over the opening on the level above them. When you see their torso disappear into the floor section, pull the trigger and you should get a headshot. Can depend on your ping/their ping though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Rukh
Clan Member

Yea, the Timberland race I'll only go on if there's to many guys there trying to nade me to risk turning, or something like that (maybe I'm not doing well that day, whatever)
Doing really good spins is hard, but its worth the practice. I was getting driven by a guy today, and he spun like crazy around, but never flipped, and could land and almost immedialtly go driving to the next check point.

Another thing for races, (especially Icefields) if a hog has spawned/game started and the other team is gonna get to the hogs first, throw nades and try and flip them, it will slow them down and a few seconds lost me a game once( timberland)... ended 10-9 and we needed like 1 more checkpoint for a guy to finish the lap...

Also watch out for campers, keep a lookout on your radar (if there) and know once hit you're probally dead, but just keep driving. Ping is your friend at that point.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

When a ghost is coming at you crouch, and stay in the middle of it.

It works 1/2 the time.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Lol, it either works or makes you feel dumb.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Brian1.8
Guardian

JUST SEND EVERYONE OUT WILLY NILLY!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

^and a guy camping your own flag with a fuel rod. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Camping is a always a good tactic. Try camping in a place where your opponent won't look directly at you, like behind a rock so you can hit them when they go past unknowingly.

Its a legitimate strategy!!!!

xD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

}SoC{MåTôR wrote:
Camping is a always a good tactic. Try camping in a place where your opponent won't look directly at you, like behind a rock so you can hit them when they go past unknowingly.

Its a legitimate strategy!!!!

xD
RvB! Love that episode... it pretty much presents exactly what online gaming is like. Especially when you have voice chat. I love the mute function on Xbox Live =)

Not exactly a tactic, but just as common courtesy, when you come across a player that is clearly AFK, don't kill them. Sure, it adds to your kills, helps you/your team win, and nobody will know if you do it or not, but it's just a matter of good sportsmanship. Besides, it kind of eliminates your bragging rights at the end of the game when you go "woot! most kills!"

We're a Christian clan, let's play fair ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Yeah, but it's so hard to resist sticking someone on the head when they're AFK...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Well... I think its their fault they went AFK in a killing game. They should be expecting to be killed.

Its not that bad to kill someone whos afk >.<

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

It's not the eighth deadly sin, but really, we've all been there. You're playing Halo, you really have to pee, and you don't want to quit and re-join the server. It's just a hassle. Especially when you run the risk of it being full.

So you bolt to the bathroom, do your business as quickly as you can, and in that time, you got killed five or six times. It's not their fault they had to pee! I say we stick up for those in urinary need! Down with afk killings! *starts a pep rally or something :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

*Raises sniper rifle at the small group of afk across the map*... but yeah, I can see your point. No one likes to run the risk of the server being full when you get back.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{YOYO
Clan Member

My ping is usually so different than other peoples that I can never snipe any1 in timberland. In BloodGulch I snipe like crazy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Yeah, it's easier to snipe on BG than in Timberland, where there's huge elevation differences, and plenty of cover, so it's harder to hit targets. But when sniping on Timberland, if you see someone falling down a slope, aim at where they will land and fire. Their shields will be mostly gone from the fall, so it's an easy 1-2 shot kill.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

All in all, theres too many tactics xD

Fires rocket at AFK people.

MUHAHAH. What are you gonna do if I kill AFK people? :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

^Switch teams if necessary and kill you! lol. Nah, kill the AFK bunch all you want Mator. :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

That'd be hilarious. "Huh. You killed that afk guy! Ima switch teams so I can kill you now. Team Change Denied. NOOOO!!!!"

Roflmboshmgafo!

Hint: Try to stay by an overshield when in battle. Then, if someone fires a rocket or throws a nade at you, or your shields go low, grab the overshield. While it charges up you will be invincible, and it will definately help you fight your enemies.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Lol, the overshield thing gets interesting when there are 3 or 4 snipers on the ledge in Danger Canyon, all fighting for ammo and the OS. Some nice melee fights can ocurr...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Lol! :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{deyth
Clan Member

i like the jump over the head mele trick nice

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Yes that works very well actually.

Melee is a wierd thing in halo ya-know!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

octorain
Old Applicant

I snipe them with a pistol, then charge with assult rifle and a plasma gernade, works quite often if done corectly, otherwise you get killed, only one on one

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

BFM_Edison

Quite a few here that aren't too unknown.

Reloading:
There are two primary tricks to reloading, both of which are fairly useful and used by most people who have been playing a while and are good with the pistol.
The first is fairly simple. Basically, all you do is melee at the soonest possible point while reloading that will let you reload completely, and while it does not give you much time, it does give you a slight advantage.
The second isn't quite as simple, but simple nonetheless. All you do is when you need to reload, double click reload and switch to your other weapon. After a second or so, if you switch back it will be reloaded. This is especially useful with sniper servers, since both weapons are good.

Melee:
Again, there are two tricks that I can think of.
The first is kindof odd but seems to be true after the years I've been meleeing (including all out melee wars). Basically, if you're moving forward when you do your melees, it takes two to kill, but if you move back while meleeing, it does slightly less damage, causing you to need three to kill.
The second requires a grenade. All you do is melee, grenade, melee. This will give you two really fast melees that can give you a second chance if you miss.
Oh, and the two fastest weapons at meleeing (multiple in a row as well as pure speed) are the assault rifle and the plasma rifle.

Movement:
This is essentially my one rule: never stop moving. You should always be moving, no matter what. Also, never walk in a straight line, always move side to side and occasionally back a few times to prevent easy shots. While doing this, you also want to continually look at any spot that an enemy could potentially come from. Then, when shooting, you want to move side to side, also known as strafing, with the occasional crouch here and there. You don't always only want to move side to side, either, since someone might have an easy shot at you lined up, so sometimes move a little back and forth. Best thing to do is line yourself up so only the very top of the enemies can be seen, meaning barely any of you can be shot.

CTF:
Not many here, but some that people may or may not know about.
On Sidewinder, you'll want to sometimes just get the flag and through it through the bars where the os and invis are, since it blocks enemy pursuit. Also, on Danger Canyon, on the inside you can through the flag up to the person on the little pathway, and you can also use a nade to launch yourself up, as well as a fuel rod gun.

There are others that I've probably forgotten, but ya, those are the ones off the top of my head.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{strife
Clan Member

well to me theres no way to avoid a sniper even if ur unseen but thats only when tech sniping. Or when hes doing anythin hes way to good. :-x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I can dodge a round from the sniper rifle from any person.

Just so you know...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

Not if you don't see them ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Tech
Guardian Elder

}SoC{MåTôR wrote:
I can dodge a round from the sniper rifle from any person.

Just so you know...
That's a somewhat.... interesting claim

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

I smell a challenge... :whistle:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sheep
Clan Member

Can u teach me how to smell that stuff.....sheep r supposed to have increased smell......LIES !

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Lol.

It is true, but I can't shoot when I do it.

And it don't work when you get teh lucky shots.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
266 posts Page 3 of 6