The Fight Has only Begun!
This is a Retired branch. Server information no longer applies, except member hosted servers dated 3/12 or later
266 posts Page 1 of 6

Topic author
}SoC{Aden
Clan Member

If you have any special tricks, strategies or tactics to use in Multiplayer, post 'em! Any weapon, any map, anything!

For instance, a good tactic with the assault rifle is to throw a frag at someone and spray em with full auto before the grenade detonates: the loss of shielding doesn't have to be much in order to allow the grenade to take the person out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Magi

I have but only two tactic/strategy kill others, and don't get killeded. That seems to work out the bestest

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sooner
Clan Member

i have a ton bro. catch me on xfire sometime and well walk through them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Mr =)
Branch Leader

Imo, learning to stay alive is more important than learning to kill. You can't shoot a guy unless you're still on your feet. Keep moving! Never get in a situation where you can't avoid a frag; most good players will realize it when you do and you'll get a face full of shrapnel.

Jumping off of hills during a close combat situation is a big no-no. Good players will spot your landing and toss a frag there. You won't have a chance to move before it goes off. This pretty much applies to dirt terrain, since frags will bounce too much on a hard surface.

If you're being chased by a vehicle, get on top of a hill. When they try to run you over, back up just a bit and duck. They'll fly right over your head. This tactic works great on ghosts, since their plasma fire isn't that accurate and you have minimal exposure.

Get to be a good shot with a pistol! With standard health and shields, it only takes three headshots to take a guy down. Fragging a group of guys and then picking them off with a pistol can be just as effective as using heavy weapons.

Sniping in Halo should be done completely different than in real life. Keep moving and learn to track targets. You'll have a much better chance of staying alive long enough to use all three clips.. and maybe more.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I have a ton too...

Lets start with the Plasma Pistol...
When you have the plasma pistol a simple instant kill is a full charged shot to the head then a melee... Plasma pistols aren't that good but if your enemy has a shotgun you should shoot really fast (dont charge) and move backwards... They will be seemingly moving away from you because of the burn the plasma pistol makes... Then you will be able to get minimum exposure to the shotgun.

With plasma rifle...
When you have a plasma rifle you basically just shoot like crazy and hope for the best... plasma rifle makes guys move slower so if you have that you can use it to keep people away from you or to burn them a bunch and melee... they wont be able to melee back or anything because of the burn, it makes them all twitchy ehehe....

With Needler...
When it comes to it, the needler is one of the worst weapons in the game, easy to dodge and hard to kill people with... If someone shoots you with a needler just run behind soemthing the needles will either go arround or into the wall... When using the needler try to catch enemies in open spaces and fire straight at them an entire round...

With Fuel rod...
Dodging fuel rod blasts is hard, the best thing you can do is jump left then left then right then left then right then right the right... then repeat, you will be able to evade most of thier shots or get only a small part of the explosion, while you unload your (pistol or heavy) on them...

With pistol...
The pistol is probly the most handy weapon in the game... The best way to use it is to run back n forth crouch a bit and back n forth, never jump... it makes you an easy target... Try to evade the shots by going back n forth, I can dodge 2 entire rounds of pistol shots on me when the guy is 10 yards away... When shooting aim for the head and just follow the enemy with your scope... never scope when close to an enemy.... And if you want an EASY 3 shot kill try headshot headshot body...

With rocket launcher....
You can live through a rocket luancher explosion if you jump and they shoot the ground, if the shoot for your feet its the same, if the shoot for you you can dodge to the side, if they shoot in the right place and you jump you will die anyways... You can jump of edges that are really high up if you land on a steep ramp and slide a little... I do it all the time....

With Sniper Rifle....
Shoot in front of the person and always go back and forth crouch and do that...
Aim for head if you can hit it... not if you cant...

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ssky_Z

hum you did great mator!!

i will maybe come back on one point:

Never Never Never jump... sometime it will be usefull with noobs but the second you will face a good player.. you will be dead at the first jump!!
its much more tough to aim to someone who always move! (not in straight line lol)

With sniper.. pay attention to the line after your shot!! if you are aiming to someone and he didnt see you... take your time dude but dont miss him!!!! becaus if you miss him he can easily detect where you are!

im pretty a veteran on halo ... so if you have any questions... catch me on xfire
mine is : sskyz

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Mr =)
Branch Leader

Actually, jumping is a very good tactic to use in close combat, since a guy has to track up and down too far to be really accurate. Just make sure you're close enough so that he can't nade you without hitting himself.

If you're good enough, you can also leap right over your opponent's head and hit him in the back of the skull. Most people don't expect this and won't turn fast enough to avoid the instant death.

Also, sometimes you have to jump to avoid a rod blast. If the guy is close and is good enough though, you're going to be dead anyway.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Aden
Clan Member

:bow:

Wow. thank you. Maybe now I won't be such a noob lol! I will get xfire sooner or later so....

Thank you!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Zulu2
Guardian

well if i was to tell you....... i would have to kill you....sorry..........jk

hes my 2 cents

aim for the head

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{IAMIR
Guardian Elder

Tried them all...still a n00b.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sooner
Clan Member

yeh...i am of the dont jump section as well. with one exception. you are on bloodgulch big hill (or something of a similiar nature) and you jump to pop up...shoot and fall down back behind the hill again.

you jump in an open space and i will just pad my stats. please continue to do so. thanks. :<

needler....only time this works for me is when i am behind you and you dont see me. beware of my stealth needler.....the last thing youll see is a big bright pink explosion...which should tell you an entirely different reason why you should not use this gun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
}SoC{Aden
Clan Member

Thanks for all the tips. i am improving!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Spoc
Clan Member

the only time you should jump is a rocket game its much easier to hit the ground underneath them in a rocket game

otherwise dont jump specially in ctf you will get sniped...fast specially if you jump several times in a row

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Taker
Clan Member

I have a cool 1 I like to call it the "ghost gunner" it's when you have a camouflage on and your in the gunner seat of a warthog, but instead of firing at evryone keep your gun straight so it looks like it's just a driver then when people pass you up kill them, or go for the flag.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Sev

Reading these hels alot
thanx guys
I have used the "Ghost Turret" thing,it works really well

ive also used the jump over the head melle trick,it works very well!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Razey
Clan Member

alot of soc maps are blood gulch ctfs and if there are warthogs get in one and then go near the enemy base. When you get there stay close to their base just doing circles running over people. It works really well, anyone on the ground gets ran over and the people above can't get a shot on you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Mr =)
Branch Leader

Heh.. Back in the day, I was really good at landing nades in front of people who would do that. ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mocopo
Clan Member

im a regular 1:1 ratio kinda guy. 1 kill for every death. If I do any better, it was unnatural. But if you play like me, then you can end up with a lot of kills..... lots of deaths too, obviously. I used to be da bomb at rocket matches, id always get the most killz.... and most of the time id get the most deaths too.
with rockets, jumping is good, but even then a good shot can get ya. Shoot at the ground at someones feet. If they jump, shoot right where theyre gonna land. Dont try and actually hit the person, its too hard and a waste of ammo when you miss.

also, because of lag, dont aim at the side of a driving warthog. You might hit the hog, but it will glitch and just keep on driving. Instead aim at the ground and time it so the rocket lands in front of or underneath the hog.

when racing, its good to know that hogs are the fastest, and every race has a racing line. meaning there is a fastest route, one that, even tho yer goin the same direction as everyone else, yer going faster, either pulling away or catching up. its all about the little things.

with pistols, up close isnt too easy, but medium to long range they kick butt, we all know that, lol.

with sniping.... i stink at Halo 1 sniping, but im decent at Halo 2 sniping... thats just a matter of having a faster trigger finger.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jsussaves

I found that in the map blood gulch, that if you get in a tank(if there are any)you can kill people who use the teleport portal by sitting on the little triangle where they come out. It will automatically kill them. I did it to one certain guy in the last game I played and I killed him 23 times by doing it. Boy was it funny to watch him get mad.

Also if you can get a sniper rifle in that level, you can stand on your base and shoot from behind the small pillars that come out of your team base. You can kill people without them seing you. It works as long as they don't see you, so try to hide as much as possible.

Also one final tip is DON'T GET KILLED!!!!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Grath
Clan Member

Grath's Tips:

FRAGS FRAGS FRAGS and MORE FRAGS! They are the most useful weapon in the game. If you're good enough you can toss one just in front of a hog (or any other vehicle) and take it out.

Assault rifle: Fire this weapon in 5-10 round bursts at a distance (10-20 at close range) If you're good enough you can cause massive damage, even at at distance.

Ambushing: The best weapons for an ambush are: Rocket Launchers, Fuel Rods, nades and the flamethrower. All of these cause massive damage and are easy to use in a hidden position (cept for the flamethrower, but you can easily run from ur position, maybe throw a frag first, then light the candle.) Ambush differs from sniping greatly in one factor: concealment. When sniping you want to try to keep as hidden as possible, with ambushing you want to try to concealed, but not to that great of an extent.

Move out in groups: This one is a little harder to do b/c some people dont like team work. The ideal squad in my opinion is a good hog driver, armed with assault rifle + pistol, a sniper in the sideseat (not using their ammo until out of the vehicle) with an assault rifle or pistol. And finally a good gunner with a flamethrower and pistol. (Notice the importance of pistols) If you get into the enemies base, have the side seat man get out his close ranged weapon and go and get the flag, continue to drive around their base and wait for the flagman to return to the original doorway, pick him up and get out. Thats if all goes smoothly, if things get ugly and ur hog gets tipped attempt to take cover behind the hog and return fire. If possible get in the hog-gun to lay down heavy fire, if there are nades or too much pistol fire, just dont try to get in to gun. As the enemy closes in (chances are they'll be using close range weapons so more lead will be flying) whip out the flamethrower and unleashed belches of flame. Most people will either fall back when the flame begins flying or just get killed.

Cover: When the enemy is nearby try to move in cover as much as possible.
Tanks: Most people misjudge tanks. They think theyre ment to blitz right in and tear everyone up. Not true. The tanks in Halo are very weak against pistol fire and explosives. Try to find a good distance between u and the enemy, preferablly a hill. Pop up, shoot, wait til reload, then repeat. Tanks are best used with light recon. While the tank instills fear and damage the light recon (hog, ghost) can zoom in, grab the flag, then zoom out. Air support is also a great way to use tanks. Most people worry more about banshees than tanks, meaning the tank can blow away at the enemy while everyone focuses on the banshee.

Covering Retreats: This is a very important factor in a battle. Keeping your comrades alive means they can fall back to a nearby position and prepare to fight again. If they die you'll have to wait for respawn and the time it takes for them to get back to the location, plus they wont have the weapons they might have had earlier.
To cover a retreat have everyone but 1 or 2 people fall back. The remaining people should get out rapid fire weapons and just unload on the enemies location. Grenades are also great at stalling or damaging the enemy.

Yeah, I think thats it....

EDIT: Sometimes tanks are useful in blitzing, but a good portion of the time you'll want to stay back.
Last edited by }SoC{Grath on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Brian1.8
Guardian

Defence: KEEP TANKS AT BASE!!! what i find myself saying to everyone when we play a game with tanks. you definetly wanna follow that rule. and make sure you turn them around so you won't get sniped and hide them as best you can so you can give the person assaulting you a little surprise. try to have snipers everywhere they can be very useful as scouts and to take out some of the enemy before they hit your base. inside the base try to get the best defense weapons possible: Flamethrowers, shotguns, rockets, fuel rod, and make sure you have a full supply of grenades. warthog guns can make excellent turrets and make sure to have them placed all around the base and area. if they're banshee's keep it with the tanks and don't go showin off that your flyin around. stay with the tanks and stay hidden as best as you can. also to really make the other team mad send either 1 or 2 people, if you can manage, to the enemy's base to get their flag and try to avoid the battle on the way back. ghost's man do those things make me mad. these are pefect to really rough up the enemy before they hit your base.

Assault: Try to make a decoy with 2 ghosts because they're fast and hard to take down and the enemy will be focusing on them send your whole infantry at them!!! hogs and foot soldiers and ghosts a-flyin'! keep your tanks in the middle of the map so the enemy can't take em. have the first wave of foot soldiers have rockets fuel rods and pistols and the second wave have ar's and shotty's. the first way will deal most damage and the next wave will come in and get the flag. make sure a hog will stop to get you and try to keep 1 person at the base with sniper to make sure no enemy gets away and comes to your base to take the flag. the sniper should be hidden and could maybe take some shots at the enemy base during the battle. first before you even really set foot in battle take out their tanks....those are the main problem.. i'm not really an offense guy so they're probably some flaws in this plan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

On shotgun with shield maps, get close in to your enemy, preferably unnoticed, unload a round on the shotgun to the body, then melee them immediately. Works best from behind. And make good use of the motion tracker on tight, enclosed maps such as Chiron, good for predicting where enemies will be behind the next portal.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Grath
Clan Member

if you attack with whole infantry Friik, you leave ur base totally undefended.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Mr =)
Branch Leader

Well, not exactly, since some of them will surely die immediately after setting out. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Grath
Clan Member

if they die that fast they probably wont last much longer when defending.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{ Mr =)
Branch Leader

Probably not, but that's what defenders are for! ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

z40sxdude

Pistol vs masterchief - you don't want to hold the mouse button down when you are shooting with a pistol, you want to be moving left and right if you are against 1 or multiple people that are just ahead of you. if you are surrounded, don't just move left and right because it might be hard for the people infront of you to shoot you but for the people that are pretty much directly left and right of you, you are basically just getting further away from them and closer up so the head is a very easy target. So what you do is you move in cresents. like back - right - forward - right - back - left - back - left - back - right - ect. AIMING is what everyone has trouble with. Again, don't hold the mouse button down, you want to shoot around the head. he moves right, you shoot ahead of him so the bullet gets there when the man's head is there. Always shoot ahead of them. When the man you are fighting is dropping from a jump, you have to shoot at about his feet because thats where his head is going to be. When i kill someone and no one else is around i always reload.

pistol vs ghosts, warthogs, scorpians - again, always shoot infront of the head, just because they are in a vehicle doesn't mean they all of a sudden have 5 times the health. you don't want to shoot at the vehicle because that is just useless, make sure you shoot ahead of the man's head so you can deal maximum damage. the men in the scorpians are the EASIEST to kill because they just got a little thing and all you can see is basically their head so if you shoot them you are basically getting head shots.

Pistol vs banshee - the banshee is probobly the hardest to kill. Remember shoot like a tiny bit ahead of the front of the banshee and if you are behind or under it you can see the man inside. that is when you just shoot the guy until hes dead, if you run out of pistol ammo, pull out the assault rifle, just keep spraying the banshee till it falls. Some banshee drivers just fly down at you and try and run you over, if you see it flying right at you, back up and throw a grenade on the floor infront of you and keep shooting at the head of the banshee. i use this a tactic a lot around hills.

Sniper Rifles - Some people don't know how to use a sniper rifle properly. the scope can go to 5x and 10x. you usually don't want to scope unless the man is smaller than this right here --> ( ) Personally, i almost never use scope 10x unless the man is all the way across the map, i usually don't go over 5x, i just use 1x and 5x..
When you are shooting, you want to never stop moving, and if you know you can't shoot a moving guys head, i'm sure most of us can't, then your best bet is to just shoot at them ANYWHERE. it only takes 2 shots to kill them if you don't shoot their head. make sure you shoot ahead of them if they are moving.

ghost chase - If you have the flag and you are all by yourself in a warthog and suddenly a ghost is on your tail, stop and sometimes the ghost will keep going and fly over you and flip over. then you can run them over and drive away.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Beulah

All of this I've learned in a week. :P

CTF blood gulch flag stealing - When you first start off and the map begins, be quick, grab a hog and drive to the other persons base ASAP, usually the other team is unprepared (getting ammo, weapons, people for their vehicles) grab flag drive like a madman/woman out of there as fast as possible, they wont know what hit them.

Fighting Fuel Rodders! - the best weapon for this is the pistol, try to find some cover (a hill of some sort with easy access to headshots) dodge back, left, right, right, left, back, etc. while shooting trying to get those headshots are important, because they think they have the better weapon and will become careless with their movements.

Important weapon combos:

Plasma Pistol/Shotgun [CLOSE COMBAT] : Usually the plasma pistol isn't all that good for anything, but if you have a shotgun with you, it can do a lot of damage.
Try to start out with spamming the regular shots, switch to shotgun, fire off 2-3 rounds, switch back to plasma, charge shot, hope it hits (repeat if it misses), switch to shotgun, fire and you got yourself a kill.

Plasma Rifle/Shotgun [CLOSE COMBAT] : Spam your plasma shots to slow down the other player, keep doing this until their shields are down, switch, aim for the head, fire 1-3 shotgun shells.

Vehicles:

FUNNY HOG TRICK : If you are on foot and a hog is trying to run you over, there are plenty of ways to strafe and/or dodge it's movements...anywho back on topic...
the best weapon combo for this is Pistol/Rocket Launcher, strafe with the pistol as best as you can, try to take notes of possible openings to shoot your rocket & DISTANCE between the hog and yourself, don't wait 'til the last second, fire rocket, and frown at them for cussing at you.

Taking out tanks - Pistol & Frag/Sniper rifle/Plasma nade

Pistol/Frag - spam the driver with pistol ammo, if you dont get a headshot and are almost dead try to throw a grenade infront of them, they will usually run over it and die too.
Sniper Rifle - Once again try to aim for the driver seat if you can get a headshot from there go for it, always move, dont jump, try to circle around the tank as fast as possible because the main cannon is slow.
Plasma nade - I think everyone knows this, sneak up &/or throw a plasma nade on the tank and boom!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Brian1.8
Guardian

You obviously didn't really read what i put....i said try to keep at least 2 people at your base to defend. Preferably people who are good at it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Solon
Clan Member

*raises hand* I love killing the guy with the flag :laughhard:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kelevr
Clan Member

One thing I've found useful is to fire shots separately when using a pistol, instead of just holding down the fire button. I've found that at especially at medium range this will make you much more accurate.

Everything else has pretty much been covered. But as far as staying alive goes I'd recommend always assuming that theres a sniper on you and unless you're sure there isn't avoid walking in a straight line.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Blue
Clan Member

There's a lot of great strategies here. The problem is when your entire team is made of people who either a) confuse CTF for Slayer, or b) think that they can win on their own. Remember, in CTF kill count does NOT matter! Instead of wasting sniper ammo on that base across the map, look for teammates who could use some backup. Which brings me to my next point.

Back up your teammates!!! When you're losing in a firefight, I'm sure you'd be grateful if an ally would come around and help you take them out, so do the same for them. That doesn't mean bunch up like cattle, just make sure they're always in sight so you can ambush the enemy if they single one of you out.

Warthogs work much better if you have a gunner. If you jump in and drive off, you're just a moving target for anybody with a long range weapon. If you want to make a solo run, get in a ghost. Then you can at least shoot back. But if you do start moving in a warthog and a teammate wants to hop in, they'll usually fire a few shots at or around you to make you aware of their presence (not to be confused with an attempted TK).

And always, always make sure you have one or two guys on defense. If everyone bolts out of the base to get the enemy's flag, it just leaves yours for the taking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Kelevr
Clan Member

Just to add to what Blue Turtle said about teamwork...
It really is the most important aspect, especially in CTF. If you are in the middle of a map like infinity, danger canyon, or any other large map, you should let your teammates know if a hog or ghost gets by you that you can't stop. That way they can prepare for any vehicles or infantry coming towards the base. By doing this you can really help your team defensively while attacking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Rattail1492
Old Applicant

Halo rule number 1: NEVER, EVER, EVER TAKE THE HOG OUT BY YOURSELF. EVER. I personally believe that doing so justifies a rocket to the face, and if it weren't so difficult/wasteful to do so, I'd hold up to that... But seriously, take a ghost or something.

Tanks, as was mentioned earlier, -can- be good for blitzes, but make sure you've got back up and a mouse that works well. Utilize the chaingun! (My mouse's right button doesn't work too well, so I'm stuck using the cannon..)

Banshees: Don't flaunt your Banshee around the sky. Not only does it make you look like a worthless putz (Which makes people want to blow you out of the sky), it also means that you're not helping. The number one thing with a Banshee is to make quick runs, ram people IF, AND ONLY IF you're sure that you won't die doing so.

Ghosts: Get in there, be a distraction, and get out. Bring a fully loaded hog with you, preferably with a ghost gunner. That's always fun. Actually, make sure you're all loaded up with flamethrowers. That'll set up a nice surprise. Run into their base, be all "BLUE TEAM FLAMBEE, SUCKAS!". They even taste like chicken!

Hm... Infantry tactics have already been covered, and far more ingeniously than I could've done...

Blood Gulch: Never, ever, ever go solo. You will be killed. End of discussion. Always have backup. Even if you're a sniper.
Snipe from dark spots, move around a lot. Take out a ghost/hog combo, work in a Banshee if possible.

Infinity: Again, solos aren't the best idea, but can be good. Teamwork is crucial here. Take a banshee and hog combo.
Let the Banshee slip in and raise some hell in the Blue ranks, while the Hog runs in, takes the flag, and is out before anyone really notices. Always have a gunner.

Chiron: Hide out, kick some butt, don't be afraid to die. Not much else to say. Make the place filled with explosions. That's always fun!

Rat Race: Utilize the corridors and teleporters. Use the infantry tactics. I've got nothin'.

Danger Canyon: For the love of god, leave someone at the base, and use the tunnels. Make sure you have heavy weapons, not just for fun, but for the fact that they can kick some arse. In addition, have a sniper or two by the teleporter on the ledge.

Boarding Action: I've got nothing. Just try not to die.

Death Island: Fully loaded hogs and distractions may be your best tactic. Use tanks and the enemy's turret to keep them pinned in the base while someone makes a run for the flag. Block their teleporters and keep them bunkered down in their base. Don't try to ditch their Banshees, they'll just respawn.

Teamwork is key. Defensive people are expendable, to an extent. Distractions are very good tools. Of course, by distraction, I mean 'Someone running into the enemy's area with an extravagant display of disregard for their life'. Flambuoyance is good for that. (i.e., Flamethrowers, rockets, etc.)

Have fun, and anything I missed is pretty much covered by what everyone else has said.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Soccer
Guardian

Wow. I've learned a lot. I'm fairly new at Halo... so I'm sure this helps :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Ok, I will teach you guys a few tricks you may not know too...

Jumping/landing:
Always crouch when you land, also you can jump from high places if you land on a ramp at least 50°...

Shooting: Always shoot in front of a person, shoot where they will be. With pistols a little bit in front, snipers alot...

Nades... nade where you think someone will go, not where they are.

When sniping, press crouch when you aim and shoot, not only will this make some enemies headshots miss, it moves the crosshairs in such a way so that the shot affects a wider area (tested and proved).

Melee... Use melee whenever you can, if you are behind someone then just chase them then melee thier back (instant kill). Melee takes 3 body hits to kill a person who has 100% shields. A hit to the back is instant kill... Therby hitting someones back is very good... Try to spin arround someone while meleeing, or jump to the side of them and melee. When meleeing, move forward with you melee, then back .20 of a second before you hit... Melee has range, use it! If someone is in the air, spin behind them and melee... Intant kill... If you melee the back of the head, thats an instant kill too! 2 shots to the body and one shot to the head is an instant kill with 100% shields.

With hogs, try spinning when you hit people, this helps with lag!

Chuck a frag nade 2 seconds before a hog is about to be over it to kill the person in the hog...

Jump and move arround vehicles to avoid contact...

Crouch to avoid being run over by ghosts...

Snipe people when their in a tank, aim for the seat they are at, its an instant kill!

Stand on portals to portal camp, mvoe back when your screen turns white so much as a tiny bit, melee at the same time, Instant kill!

Put vehicles over portals to block the portals.

Reload after every shot unless you are in combat.

If you melee right as masterchief puts the ammo into the gun, you will have a reloaded gun 0.5 seconds early, this counts!

Nade + melee is a good combination for sticking and for fun kills... (you press melee and nade at same time)

Melee + Nade + Melee, a double melee that also chucks a grenade, a deadly yet hard combination...

Interpret your enemies next move, so you can be ready! Get to places where the enemy will have a hard time finding you, this helps! (such as above the door on dangercanyon...)

To get above the door on danger canyon: Get a fuel rod, and right before you exit tunnels to go to enemies base, look at the ledge above the door... Run + Jump + shoot down with rod to get up here...

You can also use a frag grenade to get you up...

If the enemy comes in, let them move a ways first then shoot, if they see you fire at will... and changing positions is good after they see you... Nades won't affect you unless put right underneath you, in that case jump up so the explosion doesn't affect you.

Erm....

Yeah thats probably all I can explain for now... so cheers!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{R3NNiS
Guardian Elder

One o fthe most successful tactics i have found is teamwork. Keep tabs on the flag carrier, and support them or run interference if you can. If you arent doing much, go towards his or her position just in case. On several times I have saved a flag this way.

ANother way is to jump and toss the flag. The flag can be a small but useful distraction to the guy who has you in his sights. If your team is helping you, sometimes you can run a flag accross the map relay styl

Sometimes you grab the flag just when your team has killed like 3 opponents on the other side of the map. They are about to respawn and you barely have time to leave the base. SOme bases have hiding spots, if you can grab and hide in a decent spot, the otehr team might run off thinking they are chasing you down. This can help give you a little more time to escape.

On the hill in BG, you sometimes are duelling an enemy just ont he other side of the hill-mostly via radar. Standing still can occasionally work here, because you wont be giving away your radar position until you take your shots.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Leady
Clan Member

Adding to what Mator said about meleeing just as masterchief inserts a new clip when reloading, it works as soon as you see the clip come out as well, on the AR at least.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Beulah

Just going to add the bodyguard/flag carrier combo, if your team's flag carrier is near by and in trouble, drop everything you are trying to do and save him!

I find for Hang em high is standing infront of the flag carrier and taking the shots for him/her this is an exceptional tactic for getting your flag points.

I'm not sure if anyone knows blue team's advantage point for capturing the flag/scoring, behind the top of the base, there is a tombstone thinger, jump/crouch to get on top of it, then jump onto the ledge of the base, stay on that ledge (hide there if you're waiting for your team to return the flag) make sure you're lined up with your flag, (flag returns) jump, and you got a point.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Karrde
Clan Member

shoot the red guy in his stinking face. you know how i do. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{PR13ST
Clan Member

I have found with my slow internet connection the soc servers are usually lagging too bad for me to do anything so im usually stuck in a room with a bunch of people that during capture the flag just try and blow everything up.
so in the end your stuck doing runs and trying to score on your own the best way to score without dying is on the way there avoid everyone you can be stealthy save you health and dont kill anyone on your way there once you get there and get the flag however get in a hog and run if you see anyone run them over but dont take a lot of time to do it if you miss get out of there and score. If you dont kill anyone on the run over then there will be less people at the base to stop you

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Because this is such a popular topic, I am going to make a video about tactics, :)

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{S-043
Guardian

More Sniping Tactics/Advice: Hide, try to make yourself barely visible this also means to take very few shots so you don't reveil you position. Don't go rapid fire, conserve your ammo and take your time to aim and shoot what you can hit. Because if this is a standard Blood Gulch map the sniper rifle doesn't respawn that fast, another reason to conserve ammo. Plan ahead, think of an escape route if you are spotted and your position is being put under heavy fire or being shelled by enemy tanks. Recruit a spotter, that way you have two pairs of eyes, better yet get your entire team to spot for you so you can in a way see the entire map. Pack extra fire power, max out on both grenades (plasma for vehicles and frags for anti-personel) a bit obvious, carry a shotgun: if there are banshees on the map you can hit them with greater accuracy because of the spreading of the rounds, but are still effective on all of the other vehicles, bring a rocket launcher or fuel rod not many people expect a sniper to be carrying a heavy weapon. Pass recon to friendlies, if you help them get of trouble they will be greatfull and possibly slip past the hostiles.

That's all i can think of now. If I think of more I'll add it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

I find most of those tactics kind of... fail in normal games. They may work... I don't think so tho.

Your thinking too hard!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sgt_Gundy
Old Applicant

One thing that helps me out a whole lot for sniping is this

The further away you are from your target the further you need to aim in front of them. You kinda need to experiment with it but its a handy skill to master.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Same with pistol.

Also, when you fire your sniper rifle, crouch. It has deadly accuracy :D I was getting 25:2 and 25:5's today :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Anno 'Rhculee

Well, for me, it's basicly get to a Scorp or a Shee and blow things up...

Yeah....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

lol... what if there are no scorp's and shees on the map?

And sorry to say, but thats a noob tactic, I bet you are really good at other things, but thats what starters on halo usually do.

It is very uneffective against a good player. I see someone in a scorpion, I pull out my pistol.

One, Two, Three, Four, Dead.

Always as easy as that.

If the banshee comes, I pull out my AR, or my Shotgun, or I get into a Mach hog or a tank. Then... BOOM. Say bye bye to mister banshee :D

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Anno 'Rhculee

Well, those aren't my only strategies. I'd be domed if that were so. I make exstensive use of Assault Rifles(Which, if i do say so myself, I am quiet good with), and the Needler. I own with the Needler. I pride myself in my ability to actually win dogfights, and not just endlessly circle until the game ends.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

}SoC{Mator
Clan Member

Uhhhh... No offense, but from my expierence those are the two worst weapons in the game. The main reasons are:

AR:
The bullets spread every time you shoot, using an AR is highly ineffective no matter how slow you shoot the bullets. Oftentimes they stay far away from your target. The damage is very small, and because only half the round hits the other player not very damage is done. The only thing AR is good with is if you are taking down a grunt, or if you are in really close combat and the enemy has a sniper rifle or has thier shields down.

Needler:
The bullets spread quite a bit and move extraordinarily slow. I can dodge all but two needles while nailing headshots on you with my pistol while you fire round after round after round at me. In the end needlers are good for just about nothing, they are inneffective against vehicles, needles explode after 20 yards of travel, can be easily dodged when so much as 10 yards away. Once again, the needler is only good if you are right by a person, in which case you are probably dead anyways from a grenade and some pistol shots.

-Mator

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
266 posts Page 1 of 6